Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2024 preview evenings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imperial Commander View Post

Most people I know seem to share that view, me included. I wonder who actually rates him?
    I actually don't mind him in the right situation. Where he is encouraged to grandstand, like yesterday, he is insufferable. His Grade One and Irish knowledge is poor too. But his jockey interviews etc. are quite good and I find him pretty knowledgeable about lower grade UK horses. There's no pretence to him and he's one of the more tolerable of the ITV crowd in my humble opinion.

Comment

The Were Going Chasing lads have posted their video with Rob Acheson regarding the Robcour horses

Welcome to our Cheltenham Festival Countdown Series Rob Acheson has kindly joined us to go through their runners for the Festival including the likes of Teah...

Main points

Teahupoo - Most likely Robcour winner of the week
      Irish Point - Will consider CH following Constitution Hill news
      Hidden Valley Lake - won’t go - going to Aintree
      Kala Conti - won’t go - Fairyhouse then France
      Saint Felicien - Plate most likely but probably others with more in hand
      Gerri/Gentlemansgame - Gold Cup with ew chances

Comment

He thinks hes some sort of comedy genius but is actually so slow witted it's painful, 'your mum' levels of verbal sparring. Highlight was him digging out others for not putting in proper research, then picking Appreciate It as a CC outsider before it being pointed out to him a few minutes later (nobody else on the panel mentioned it) it'd been all but ruled out the previous day.

Comment

I belong to West Berkshire & London Racing Clubs …,and both have their previews on Tuesday if anyone interested

WB - Newbury
          London - West Kensington

Pls let me know anyone wanting more details - both open to guests (v cheap)

London one usually pretty big one …,Lydia & various others be there. Usually few owners like Chris Giles attend

Newbury one local trainers usually ..,,but a great club and one to join for anyone wanting stable visits (they get in everywhere ….been to Hendo, Nicholls, etc)

I’ll be at Newbury one as staying in Cotswolds carp fishing til festival
          Last edited by TigerRolllllll; 29 February 2024, 09:36 AM.
          Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

Originally posted by TigerRolllllll View Post
            I belong to West Berkshire & London Racing Clubs …,and both have their previews on Tuesday if anyone interested

WB - Newbury
            London - West Kensington

Living the Dream Tiger !! , a week's Carp fishing followed by the Festival !! . . .

Comment

Love this.

Where abouts are you off to? Drop me a DM if you like.

Comment

Guess you'll be fishing the Salvador Ziggy Riggy then !!! . .

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Love this.

Where abouts are you off to? Drop me a DM if you like.
                  Sent - good to catch up

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post

Living the Dream Tiger !! , a week's Carp fishing followed by the Festival !! . . .
                    We all have diff dreams I guess….but life on bank dec one of mine

Usually stay by lake for festival …,nice & peaceful after 60k all day

Tight lines to all applicable for 2024

Comment

Ladbrokes preview just started on YouTube, skelton and townend on panel

Comment

Proper chubby that Skelton.

Comment

Originally posted by Nwfb89 View Post
                          Ladbrokes preview just started on YouTube, skelton and townend on panel
                          Just tuning in, anything of note?

Comment

This is London one I mentioned …usually one of best

LRC CHELTENHAM PREVIEW

Tuesday March 5th 7 - 10pm

Our fantastic PANEL: Lydia Hislop; Matt Tombs; Paul Kealy.

Our CHAIR / Prices: Jamie Benson. (Tote)

VENUE: Holiday Inn: High St Kensington, Wright's Lane. W8 5SP (2 mins H. St. Ken tube)

Members: £12; Non-members: £15

(Cash only please)

Raffle includes Racecourse Badges; Visit to Trainer Yards etc.

PLEASE NOTE: 7pm prompt start.

Refreshments available in hotel bar.

(This preview won't be livestreamed)

Ps: Have you renewed your membership? Renew on the night if you wish.

Comment

Nothing worthwhile from Townsend as you would expect, Skelton put up Master Chewy as his outsider for Arkle?

Comment

Originally posted by Dandrew99 View Post

Just tuning in, anything of note?
                                As expected townend no idea what he'll ride in supreme or arkle, most interesting thing is listening to skelton talking about con hill, he says there's no chance of him being at his best after working that badly so close to the race

Comment

Working...
                                X