Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are thinking of going somewhere again next year. Spoke about Spain and Portugal but thinks will be heading back to Lanzarote as the weather we had was amazing (lowest 23c and finished the week with two days of 29c)

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
      We are thinking of going somewhere again next year. Spoke about Spain and Portugal but thinks will be heading back to Lanzarote as the weather we had was amazing (lowest 23c and finished the week with two days of 29c)
      You can't go wrong with the canary islands anytime of the year. Was 28 degrees in December for 3 days and 25+ the rest in Tenerife.

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
        We are thinking of going somewhere again next year. Spoke about Spain and Portugal but thinks will be heading back to Lanzarote as the weather we had was amazing (lowest 23c and finished the week with two days of 29c)
        Yep, my friends and I had a great time in Tenerife and will definitely be heading back to the Canaries next year for Cheltenham.

Comment

• Dysart enos being aimed at the top novices hurdle at aintree over 2ms, shes back riding out. Potential clash with Golden ace as Scott is sending her there too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birds Nest View Post
            Dysart enos being aimed at the top novices hurdle at aintree over 2ms, shes back riding out. Potential clash with Golden ace as Scott is sending her there too.
            …I imagine there’ll be TWAF offers to consider.

Comment

• That's the benefit, to Aintree, of not having any Mares races over Hurdles or Fences.

These clashes with geldings happen there rather than at Cheltenham.
              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                That's the benefit, to Aintree, of not having any Mares races over Hurdles or Fences.

These clashes with geldings happen there rather than at Cheltenham.
                Aye I really enjoy Aintree, there’s always a good buzz around the place as well.

Hopefully some horses that missed Cheltenham for one reason or another head there and Hendersons yard can bounce back to form after the bug as well.

Comment

• Bollinger

Not just you by looks of it.
                  It was a blatant lie that the ground was Soft (3.7) though and the going stick absenteeism over the weekend was strange.
                  Someone's playing games for sure, for whatever reason.

It's almost like "the game" is to take the piss out of racegoers/punters at every conceivable level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                    https://www.racingpost.com/news/brit...-aMWFd8C2pnwX/

Bollinger

Not just you by looks of it.
                    It was a blatant lie that the ground was Soft (3.7) though and the going stick absenteeism over the weekend was strange.
                    Someone's playing games for sure, for whatever reason.

It's almost like "the game" is to take the piss out of racegoers/punters at every conceivable level.
                    I called it at the time a week in advance, and I’ll call it again for a final (and frustrating!!) time - betting on heavy ground (with a covering bet on soft at 7/4) at 16/1 was just about the best value market I can think of for many, many years going into the festival.

How any bookmaker had an odds on shot (good to soft at 8/15) being the only ‘runner’ that was of no consequence in the market staggered me.

In 99.9% of any betting markets, you always start with the favourite and work backwards from there. Here, in this rare instance, it was all about looking at the ‘outsider’ and working forwards to the fav, who I felt had very little chance.

A moral victory, if anything. Though a profit made regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bollinger View Post

In 99.9% of any betting markets, you always start with the favourite and work backwards from there. Here, in this rare instance, it was all about looking at the ‘outsider’ and working forwards to the fav, who I felt had very little chance.

Interesting comment that Bollinger, knowing you're a bit of shrewdie and seem to have a good handle on value should you not be looking at an event and pricing the market yourself before you see odds available ?
                      Maybe it's hard to do this with racing as we only really get to know who runs 48 hours out, but certainly all my (gameday) NFL plays I'll do the work first, price key markets I know I can play then check what's available and only bet where there's a difference...

Comment

• For those wondering about whether to use Bet MGM, have a look at this…

Comment

• Originally posted by Mighty View Post
                          For those wondering about whether to use Bet MGM, have a look at this…

https://x.com/betgolfworld/status/17...Ap9QKCXBG0j_tA
                          That's brilliant and astonishing.
                          Who regulates these people ?

Comment

• They settled Teahupoo as a winner and allowed me to withdraw in the end by the way. Feel I never updated on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

That's brilliant and astonishing.
                              Who regulates these people ?
                              The person on chat clearly has no clue

But 21 horses started the ultima not 22 so that's why it's a loser

You'd think the bloke would've checked that before going on the chat let alone putting it on social media
                              Last edited by FinalFurlong91; 22 March 2024, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post

The person on chat clearly has no clue

But 21 horses started the ultima not 22 so that's why it's a loser

No clue whatsoever

That's not a standard rule though is it ? with enhanced places, it just depends on the terms published on the day ?

I assume you know that MGM stated this ?

Comment

Working...
                                X