Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

No clue whatsoever

That's not a standard rule though is it ? with enhanced places, it just depends on the terms published on the day ?

I assume you know that MGM stated this ?
    By what the bloke said after her response it sounds like their terms were 6 places if 22 runners

If he read the Ts and Cs which he probably didn't

MGM look like they weren't prepared at all for the amount of business their offers would attract

Comment

• Originally posted by Mighty View Post
      For those wondering about whether to use Bet MGM, have a look at this…

https://x.com/betgolfworld/status/17...Ap9QKCXBG0j_tA
      I opened an account week before the festival purely for the £60 free bets.

Stuck them all on the WPM favs, then stuck the first race special on Slade Steel.

Withdrew funds at intervals as opposed to one bit lump. Not a question asked.

Not saying they’re angels but not an issue for me considering all I did was open the account with £10 and the did the first race special.

Comment

• Mighty I should have clicked your link before commenting.

That is hilarious

Just presumed it was withdrawal problems.

Comment

• Just rewatching the festival now.

Slade Steel was very impressive, sweated up, pulled and still bolted up the hill, impressive for me if it was an unimpressive supreme.

Gaelic Warrior, class, be wary of the form though, hopefully he can go forward, jumped a lot straighter.

Chianti Classico didn’t half piss up, I’m asking the question where’s his ceiling, not saying he’s ‘that’ good but Bass looked confident all the way, the only worry was the peck on landing almost threw him over the top.

State man, class apart, easy as you like.

Lossiemouth, she’s looks the real deal, as Q says class horse can run at least 2 distances and she proves that to me. All class, 2m her best trip imo, but her class won that easily.

Ballyburn, didn’t break sweat, surely WPM doesn’t send him champion hurdle, but free bet cover Ballyburn lossie double is a must imo although not great odds.

Fact To File was really good, he pulled a good bit, but Walsh didn’t seem worried the whole race. Was impressed with gio who didn’t start the race very well, but him jumping got better and better as the race went on.

On Thursday now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
            Just rewatching the festival now.

Slade Steel was very impressive, sweated up, pulled and still bolted up the hill, impressive for me if it was an unimpressive supreme.

Gaelic Warrior, class, be wary of the form though, hopefully he can go forward, jumped a lot straighter.

Chianti Classico didn’t half piss up, I’m asking the question where’s his ceiling, not saying he’s ‘that’ good but Bass looked confident all the way, the only worry was the peck on landing almost threw him over the top.

State man, class apart, easy as you like.

Lossiemouth, she’s looks the real deal, as Q says class horse can run at least 2 distances and she proves that to me. All class, 2m her best trip imo, but her class won that easily.

Ballyburn, didn’t break sweat, surely WPM doesn’t send him champion hurdle, but free bet cover Ballyburn lossie double is a must imo although not great odds.

Fact To File was really good, he pulled a good bit, but Walsh didn’t seem worried the whole race. Was impressed with gio who didn’t start the race very well, but him jumping got better and better as the race went on.

On Thursday now.
            Did you skip the NHC Craig

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

Did you skip the NHC Craig
              ITV recording mate so no I know you were sweet on Corbetts…..for the BANC haha!

Although in the aftermath, as good as Corbetts Cross was, I think the win was exaggerated by the underperformance by Embassy Gardens.

That’s not sour grapes on my part, but he post race had irregular heart and the same the next day. Watching on course last week he wasn’t jumping with the same fluently he had in his 2 starts prior, which was an asset. Typical for me to get the WPM ‘NHC good thing’ on side for him to get beat

Comment

• Faugheen_Machine what’s your thoughts on Ballyburn mate, will he do as your namesake says?

Can’t believe the bingo is this far out on championship races haha!

Comment

ITV recording mate so no I know you were sweet on Corbetts…..for the BANC haha!

Although in the aftermath, as good as Corbetts Cross was, I think the win was exaggerated by the underperformance by Embassy Gardens.

That’s not sour grapes on my part, but he post race had irregular heart and the same the next day. Watching on course last week he wasn’t jumping with the same fluently he had in his 2 starts prior, which was an asset. Typical for me to get the WPM ‘NHC good thing’ on side for him to get beat
                  I had him in sooo many good bets.... for the bloody BANC! As good as Corbetts was, I think it was definitely a case that Embassy Gardens underperformed though.

I didn't realise that he has an irregular heart beat afterwards. That obviously explains it.

Comment

Faugheen_Machine what’s your thoughts on Ballyburn mate, will he do as your namesake says?

Can’t believe the bingo is this far out on championship races haha!
                    I think they'll go over fences. A fully firing Constitution Hill will be difficult to beat and that will force their hand imo. They can still have Lossie and State Man run in the Champion Hurdle. The idea of Ballyburn being able to emulate Dawn Run is fantastic but he'd have to beat the best hurdler in the last 20+ years to do so.

I haven't a clue where he'll end up at the festival next year and, at the moment, for the purpose of my ante post bets I'm just ignoring him completely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

I think they'll go over fences. A fully firing Constitution Hill will be difficult to beat and that will force their hand imo. They can still have Lossie and State Man run in the Champion Hurdle. The idea of Ballyburn being able to emulate Dawn Run is fantastic but he'd have to beat the best hurdler in the last 20+ years to do so.

I haven't a clue where he'll end up at the festival next year and, at the moment, for the purpose of my ante post bets I'm just ignoring him completely.
                      Wouldn't it be lovely for Constitution Hill to come over to Punchestown and race against at least 2 of Mullins State Man, Ballyburn and Lossiemouth.

Twitter warriors should start a petition.
                      It would certainly help with the Ballyburn decision so I suspect Mullins will consider it for him.

Comment

• Might be few opps over coming weeks for bets and poss roll-ups on Skelton & Nicholls

They will likely be going hard at it and have fair few winners ….depends if get over-bet or not
                        Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

• £85 for a daily ticket

£20 to park your car

£7.50 a pint

£10 for a burger

Drug taking prevalent around the course

And an Irish master trainer with an odds on shortie in a group 1 race with just a handful of other runners.

Oh yes indeed, it’s just a few short months away. Let’s see if Royal Ascot gets derided & abused as much as Cheltenham did this year.

(Big clue - you won’t hear a peep about it).

Comment

• Now he tells us........

Nicholls says today's winner Regents Stroll is his best Bumper horse by miles and has a great future

Last edited by Lobos; 23 March 2024, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                              Now he tells us........

Nicholls says today's winner Regents Stroll is his best Bumper horse by miles and has a great future
                              Looked a boat

Definitely a 3 mile galloper

So he will win the Challow in the slop then get badly outclassed by the speedier types in the ballymore

Comment

• Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post

Looked a boat

Definitely a 3 mile galloper

So he will win the Challow in the slop then get badly outclassed by the speedier types in the ballymore
                                Could not agree more. Should be high on the current AB list but he’ll likely be campaigned exactly how you said.

Comment

Working...
                                X