Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure where to post this so I'll stick it here. RMT Union plan on having a nationwide strike on Thursday March 16th. My knowledge of UK unions and who/how many workers they represent isn't the best but it sounds like there may be limited services for those traveling to/from Cheltenham by rail on that day.

The union's announcement is met with anger by the employers who have demanded their offers are put to the membership in a full vote.

Comment

• Yep, my nephew is a conductor and said they will be massively affected.

Planned for 16th and also 18th for anyone returning on the Saturday.

Comment

• Anyone know when hills refund NRNB bets? Got between waters backed and just wondered, I went on live chat and they told me the bet has lost because it’s antepost, which it isn’t as I placed on the 3rd of Jan, then tried messaging them on Twitter and they said entries aren’t yet out for that race (they are) and they will be settling bets after the race.

Not sure how they manage to employ people who know fuck all about betting.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTR View Post
          Anyone know when hills refund NRNB bets? Got between waters backed and just wondered, I went on live chat and they told me the bet has lost because it’s antepost, which it isn’t as I placed on the 3rd of Jan, then tried messaging them on Twitter and they said entries aren’t yet out for that race (they are) and they will be settling bets after the race.

Not sure how they manage to employ people who know fuck all about betting.
          I backed champ kiely nrnb for the spud race. On the machine in shop. Have already redeemed slip. With hills

Comment

• …Tom Scudamore has announced his immediate retirement, I doubt it’s to give him more time to watch his beloved Everton.

I wish him well.
            Last edited by Eggs; 17 February 2023, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Horses have to have wind ops and headgear declared in the interest of transparency and possible improvement in performance. On this basis, does the fat jockey forum feel that female jockeys ought to declare a possible change in their performance related to their cycle? Perhaps a red blob on the racecard?
              taken in an unbiased and totally tounge in cheek non misogynistic way of course

Comment

• I know that im going to get a pounding for this post, but couldn’t resist sharing my thoughts

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                  …Tom Scudamore has announced his immediate retirement, I doubt it’s to give him more time to watch his beloved Everton.

I wish him well.
                  Me too.
                  Very likeable man and very good jockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guinness Village View Post
                    Horses have to have wind ops and headgear declared in the interest of transparency and possible improvement in performance. On this basis, does the fat jockey forum feel that female jockeys ought to declare a possible change in their performance related to their cycle? Perhaps a red blob on the racecard?
                    taken in an unbiased and totally tounge in cheek non misogynistic way of course
                    Yeah fair play fella, this post is absolute dirt

Comment

• Originally posted by Guinness Village View Post
                      I know that im going to get a pounding for this post, but couldn’t resist sharing my thoughts
                      Just a bit weird to be honest pal

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverbirch View Post

Just a bit weird to be honest pal
                        It originates from a loss of one of the Williams sisters, when long odds on. The rumour, was that the loss may have been attributed to the time of the month. And therefore , perhaps in the interest of punters should have been declared beforehand.
                        I know, it’s probably weird. The more I look at it, it’s probably just plain wrong.
                        I’ll get my coat

Comment

• I apologise now for any offence caused

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnage at Taunton View Post

Me too.
                            Very likeable man and very good jockey.
                            And closes quite the family chapter as jockeys from his grandfather through to his father, passed down to him. Their book with the help of Chris Cook was a wonderful read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Rugby View Post

And closes quite the family chapter as jockeys from his grandfather through to his father, passed down to him. Their book with the help of Chris Cook was a wonderful read.
                              Like to read that, what’s it called IR?

Comment

• The Scudamores : Three of a Kind.

Comment

Working...
                                X