Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post

Must be a gladiator fan

Can't see why else he'd buy that yak
    His owners must have been delighted to off-load him.

His leg action is all over the place.
    I think the back legs are worse.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• His leg action haven't stopped his form figures reading 1244 at Cheltenham though. He's been infront of plenty of decent types and not too far away from others. His leg action is absolutely bizarre and he's bang average at the top level, but I don't think he's as big a yak as some make out. I don't have a soft spot for him or anything, I got over that

Comment

• Originally posted by Atlantic Viking View Post
        His leg action haven't stopped his form figures reading 1244 at Cheltenham though. He's been infront of plenty of decent types and not too far away from others. His leg action is absolutely bizarre and he's bang average at the top level, but I don't think he's as big a yak as some make out. I don't have a soft spot for him or anything, I got over that
        Aye, he has a slightly unusual action but it's never seemingly caused him a problem in chases. And this season he's finished within a length of the NHC winner. Not sure why he's being slated quite so much
        The second season novice angle in this race simply can't be ignored in my view. Call it a recency bias if you like but it's certainly a profitable one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benjy23 View Post

Aye, he has a slightly unusual action but it's never seemingly caused him a problem in chases. And this season he's finished within a length of the NHC winner. Not sure why he's being slated quite so much
          The second season novice angle in this race simply can't be ignored in my view. Call it a recency bias if you like but it's certainly a profitable one.
          It doesn't seem to be going unnoticed with the Irish trainers
          If it's at all possible any British trainers could see this angle and target a horse at this race, you'd think Dan Skelton might be capable.
          unexpected party, currently a maiden after 5 chases, his last performance beaten 8 1/2 lengths in the turners gave him his best rpr to date.
          It would be a step up in trip for him but something i can see being a possibility on his breeding.

If anyone could let Dan skelton know he's got a possible NHC contender there it would be appreciated

Comment

• Ferny Hollows brother, bought by JP, entered in a bumper at Naas next Thursday. Trained by Mullins.

Also entered is Mahons Way for Cheveley Park. Trained by Henry.

Half brothers to Minella Trump and Fascile Mode also entered and the Nolan horse came 2nd to Croke Park in a PTP.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenmanSacre View Post
              Ferny Hollows brother, bought by JP, entered in a bumper at Naas next Thursday. Trained by Mullins.

Half brothers to Minella Trump and Fascile Mode also entered and the Nolan horse came 2nd to Croke Park in a PTP.
              Lovely. That means Mirazur West will be going hurdling most likely next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post

Lovely. That means Mirazur West will be going hurdling most likely next season.
                Perfect. Will be interesting to see his trip. 2m I assume following Ferny Hollow, but looks as though he could easily get further on breeding.

Also, an unraced 7yo entered for Willie for the Denmarks. Not another New Guy?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Exar Essay View Post

Perfect. Will be interesting to see his trip. 2m I assume following Ferny Hollow, but looks as though he could easily get further on breeding.

Also, an unraced 7yo entered for Willie for the Denmarks. Not another New Guy?!
                  Well I already have Gaucher for Willie in the Supreme but I’ll always plan for three darts.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post

Well I already have Gaucher for Willie in the Supreme but I’ll always plan for three darts.
                    I've got Absurde on the radar too. Treading the path they initially planned for Vauban. And we've not even got this years French imports yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exar Essay View Post

I've got Absurde on the radar too. Treading the path they initially planned for Vauban. And we've not even got this years French imports yet.
                      Therein lies the problem. He’s got plenty held back from this season and will load up again in the coming months.
                      Last edited by JackieMoon33; 23 March 2023, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Bryan Cooper has retired

Comment

• Cheltenham bes tickets advice help for 2024

I am booking for Cheltenham and need some help picking the best tickets to enjoy the Tuesday and the Friday

Would prefer to experience the festival with different tickets each day. So to that end I have already bought , Wednesday , Thursday tickets and looking for a different experience for the Tuesday and Friday

On the

Wednesday -already bought

Club Admission with Horses for Courses Tour

Thursday - already bought

Club & Guinness Grandstand (Guinness Grandstand

So it leaves me with seeking a different experience on Tuesday , and Friday (preferably pay for somewhere quieter on the friday as it sells out , maybe a restaurant w drinks package,)

I want the view , the atmosphere, not watching it on a bloody screen.

I went 10 years ago once on the Tuesday, I now live in Australia and this will be my last trip back to UK so it's bucket list all 4 days

Appreciate the passion and experience in this forum for any advice from those that may have been there many festivals and done it all.

So just need to sort out

Tuesday and Friday

So far advice been given is re restaurants is all of below are potentially worth doing

The horse and groom restaurant
                          Panoramic restaurant but ?1500 each pp
                          Green room
                          Alberta runs restaurant

A lot of people also saying that the best mate tent / enclosure is the best seat in the house in terms of ground level or the stand there, with live music and view of finish line from stands​

Comment

• Here we go again

Comment

• Cheltenham bes tickets advice help for 2024

I am booking for Cheltenham and need some help picking the best tickets to enjoy the Tuesday and the Friday

Would prefer to experience the festival with different tickets each day. So to that end I have already bought , Wednesday , Thursday tickets and looking for a different experience for the Tuesday and Friday

On the

So it leaves me with seeking a different experience on Tuesday , and Friday (preferably pay for somewhere quieter on the friday as it sells out , maybe a restaurant w drinks package,)

I went 10 years ago once on the Tuesday, I now live in Australia and this will be my last trip back to UK so it's bucket list all 4 days

Appreciate the passion and experience in this forum for any advice from those that may have been there many festivals and done it all.

So just need to sort out

Tuesday and Friday

So far advice been given is re restaurants is all of below are potentially worth doing

Panoramic restaurant but ?1500 each pp
                              Green room
                              Alberta runs restaurant​

Cheltenham bes tickets advice help for 2024

On the

So just need to sort out

Tuesday and Friday

Green room
                              Chez rous
                              Cleeve suite
                              Gild cup restaurant
                              Horseshoe pavilion

Any expertise or feedback welcome

Last edited by erwinj25; 26 March 2023, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenmanSacre View Post
                                Ferny Hollows brother, bought by JP, entered in a bumper at Naas next Thursday. Trained by Mullins.

It's one hell of an early entry list, and I didn't think I'd ever pay so much attention to a midweek bumper at Naas

Also are we banning the bot above?
                                Last edited by Hurricane fly; 26 March 2023, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X