Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The list, from Twitter:

To Willie Mullins: Sir Gerhard, Grangeclare West, Classic Getaway

To Henry de Bromhead: Envoi Allen, Ballyadam, Malone Road, Quilixios, Guily Billy

Comment

• If Gordon’s hearing is the 5th if he avoids a ban then there is every chance he will still have runners at the fez

the BHA suspension is only pending the IRHB decision so if he isn’t banned in Ireland there’s every chance he isn’t banned here

I wouldn’t mind seeing some top quality horses coming over here but who do you trust to get you spring festival wins?
      - Henderson hates running horse
      - Nicholls doesn’t care about the spring festivals just the trainers championship
      - I get the feeling the rest are more bothered about planning some genius handicap plot

Comment

• Imagine the pressure on Henry now tho. He’s in a no win situation. If envoi wins most will say it’s down to Gordy as he got him to where he was. Loses and I dread to think

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
          If Gordon’s hearing is the 5th if he avoids a ban then there is every chance he will still have runners at the fez

the BHA suspension is only pending the IRHB decision so if he isn’t banned in Ireland there’s every chance he isn’t banned here

I wouldn’t mind seeing some top quality horses coming over here but who do you trust to get you spring festival wins?
          - Henderson hates running horse
          - Nicholls doesn’t care about the spring festivals just the trainers championship
          - I get the feeling the rest are more bothered about planning some genius handicap plot
          Gordie will get a ban though. It's pretty certain i'd say given the line they are going down and how the world has changed.

If he appeals, he can train on though, like Byrnes has. That won't change the BHA stance on things as the process won't have finished.

Comment

• Originally posted by Olliemagern View Post
            Imagine the pressure on Henry now tho. He’s in a no win situation. If envoi wins most will say it’s down to Gordy as he got him to where he was. Loses and I dread to think
            Utter nonsense. If Envoi lost for whatever reason nobody in this game with an ounce of knowledge will lay blame at the feet of HDB after being there 2 weeks.

Comment

• I feel genuinely sorry for the stable staff at Gordon's. Imagine looking after a horse like Envoi Allen, taking care of him every day, building up to the festival and looking forward to a bright future, for it all to be taken away. Must be tough on them

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

Cough !! Cough !!

There's a certain member here who had 30pts on the same.
                Swing and a miss - At least that's only one zero and not three.

Comment

Imagine the pressure on Henry now tho. He’s in a no win situation. If envoi wins most will say it’s down to Gordy as he got him to where he was. Loses and I dread to think
                  I see it as win win. EA loses - people blame the stress of the move, maybe he scopes badly etc. EA wins, CPS are happy, and he has a real shot at having the best horse in training at his stables for years to come, as well as other horses from CPS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exar Essay View Post

I see it as win win. EA loses - people blame the stress of the move, maybe he scopes badly etc. EA wins, CPS are happy, and he has a real shot at having the best horse in training at his stables for years to come, as well as other horses from CPS.
                    Oh he’s delighted in long run just meant in two weeks he’s on a hiding to nothing. The horse should win in theory. Hasn’t lost before. I even doubt he will doing much with him. Just meant from the Twitter mob will no doubt be baying for blood chief if he gets beat

Comment

• I think everyone will blame Gordon if any of his current horses lose

There will undoubtedly be questioning of “Gordon wouldn’t have done that” on social media if anything goes slightly wrong in the rest of his career

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post

Utter nonsense. If Envoi lost for whatever reason nobody in this game with an ounce of knowledge will lay blame at the feet of HDB after being there 2 weeks.
                        It’s also not the people in the game who have crucified Elliott and told him to kill himself though is it?

Comment

• ....wonder if Bartlett might find Galvin a new home, he has horses with Henderson and Hobbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                            ....wonder if Bartlett might find Galvin a new home.
                            Was thinking this myself

Comment

It’s also not the people in the game who have crucified Elliott and told him to kill himself though is it?
                              Hence 'ounce of knowledge'

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                                ....wonder if Bartlett might find Galvin a new home.
                                BEst guesses..... Hendo (loads...) or Willie (Stattler, Rathvinden)

Comment

Working...
                                X