Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    Following confirmation regarding the 12-month suspension – the last six months of which are suspended – imposed by the Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board (IHRB) on Irish-licensed trainer Gordon Elliott, the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) has issued the following statement:

We welcome the fact that the Irish authorities have acted swiftly. The suspension will be reciprocated here in Great Britain. The existing restriction on Mr Elliott having runners in Great Britain will stay in place until the suspension takes effect on 9 March.

The IHRB Referrals Committee pointed to the fact that the photo showed appalling bad taste and demonstrates a complete absence of respect for the horse. We endorse these comments, and the view that respect is an integral and essential part of the duty of those in charge of animals.

Today’s decision confirms that horses will not be able to run at the Cheltenham Festival or Grand National Festival in the name of Gordon Elliott.

However, if horses are transferred directly to other licensed trainers prior to 9 March – when the suspension is due to commence – they will be able to run.

Where is the relief emoji?

Comment

• Irish field reporting Denise foster to take over cullentra as the interim licensed trainer

Comment

• Originally posted by ToniC View Post
        Irish field reporting Denise foster to take over cullentra as the interim licensed trainer
        R Power rides for sneezy, wonder how many he will be riding at Cheltenham?

Comment

• Originally posted by ToniC View Post
          Irish field reporting Denise foster to take over cullentra as the interim licensed trainer
          Lovely. Now we need MOL to confirm Gigg runners

Comment

• Can’t see that being an issue

Comment

• The infamous Fly Smart runs Sunday, can't believe this has not been touched on given he must of had 1000 posts this last two years in anticipation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                The infamous Fly Smart runs Sunday, can't believe this has not been touched on given he must of had 1000 posts this last two years in anticipation.
                Probably the first week I haven't looked at the weekend entries all season and now he pops up! Still a chance he hacks up and they supplement him for the Supreme?

Comment

• I have been critical of Gordon Elliot over the past to anyone I’ve been communicating with. I stand by most of what I’ve said, he’s abused his talents and position. I’m disappointed because I really wanted him to he a nice person but from what I’ve read he’s a complete arse of a man. I’ve won a lot of money off his name and reputation so it’s unfair for me to continue kicking him whilst he’s on the deck. I really hope he’s comes back from this experience a better person and ideally as successful. They wrote the Happy Monday’s off when they crashed and burned but Black Grape were amazing. I really hope Gordon Elliot and can be my music version of Shaun Ryder and come back brilliant and restore my confidence in the anti hero. I really hope he improves and gets back to where he is was and I can play Kelly’s Heroes in a year’s time and be back in love. C’mon Gordon!!!!!!

Comment

• As revealed by The Irish Field on Friday evening, Denise Foster will take over the licence at Cullentra House Stables while Gordon Elliott serves his ban
                    The owls are not what they seem

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                      I have been critical of Gordon Elliot over the past to anyone I’ve been communicating with. I stand by most of what I’ve said, he’s abused his talents and position. I’m disappointed because I really wanted him to he a nice person but from what I’ve read he’s a complete arse of a man. I’ve won a lot of money off his name and reputation so it’s unfair for me to continue kicking him whilst he’s on the deck. I really hope he’s comes back from this experience a better person and ideally as successful. They wrote the Happy Monday’s off when they crashed and burned but Black Grape were amazing. I really hope Gordon Elliot and can be my music version of Shaun Ryder and come back brilliant and restore my confidence in the anti hero. I really hope he improves and gets back to where he is was and I can play Kelly’s Heroes in a year’s time and be back in love. C’mon Gordon!!!!!!
                      Put on your reeboks man.
                      And go play funky tennis.

Perfect analogy

Reverend King Pimm.

Danced on stage with Black Grape at the Leadmill.
                      And sold weed to Flowered Up.
                      In your face.

Comment

• If Elliott's yard get winners over the next 6 months then who would get the trainer's percentage of prize money. Elliott or any trainer in situ?

Comment

• Depends how the contract is drawn up I suspect. Sneezy could in theory be salaried to the yard. Bonuses for performance but ultimately Gordon's yard officially take the fees and profit

Comment

• I think it's right that Gordon Elliott's horses can carry on racing under different trainers including at Cullentra so that the staff there can keep working. I also feel this "punishment" is insufficient. If I understand it right he could be back training at Cullentra as next year's NH season starts in earnest so it could be little more than a relabelling exercise - maybe I've misunderstood it. If the photo was released as part of a personal campaign against him then that also should be investigated and dealt with appropriately.

The photo may only be a moment in time but he clearly has no sense that what he is doing is wrong or disrespectful in anyway. I also realise that many horses are carted off to the knacker's yard but there's a difference between disrespect and a sad end to a career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Supermaster View Post
                              I think it's right that Gordon Elliott's horses can carry on racing under different trainers including at Cullentra so that the staff there can keep working. I also feel this "punishment" is insufficient. If I understand it right he could be back training at Cullentra as next year's NH season starts in earnest so it could be little more than a relabelling exercise - maybe I've misunderstood it. If the photo was released as part of a personal campaign against him then that also should be investigated and dealt with appropriately.

The photo may only be a moment in time but he clearly has no sense that what he is doing is wrong or disrespectful in anyway. I also realise that many horses are carted off to the knacker's yard but there's a difference between disrespect and a sad end to a career.
                              But is this just your opinion ? Or fact ? - your sentence seems to contradict itself.
                              Is it a moment ? or clear evidence of a consistent lack of respect and wrong doing ?

The punishment means he effectively misses the pinnacle/festivals of this season, and this is in addition to his reputation and loss of horses from his yard. Which is far worse.
                              The IHRB could not point towards the other impacts on Elliot as much as they may have wished, but the damage to him is far worse than one moment deserves. That's for certain.

He's effectively been punished very harshly on the face of it, and to a large degree this is based on the perception that this moment captured on camera is a sign that other things have also happened.

Which IMO is probably correct (that the image is indicative of further lack of respect and wrong doing), but we cannot know, at this time, if this is true or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X