Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
    With this being on the Friday every chance some Mares could run in both the Hurdle and the Chase
    Pretty sure there's a rule which dictates that you can no longer run at the festival twice.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
      With this being on the Friday every chance some Mares could run in both the Hurdle and the Chase
      Not allowed to these days unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
        Can only get 25/1 but as a confirmed target she is considerably better value than G1 horses PTKO and Benie who are a fraction of Laurina’s price.
        1 pt ew
        33/1 with B365

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
          Only getting around to reading Mark Howards book now - RR Quote 'Willie is likely to have his eye on the new mares chase' when talking about BDD so not all hope lost after Patricks suggestion of hurdles
          It's her fragile profile which will see her stick to Hurdles. They can't risk sending her chasing.

Comment

• Mullins stated in RP that Mares Chase IS an option for Benie. Boom!

Comment

• isnt anything an option for Mullins lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                Mullins stated in RP that Mares Chase IS an option for Benie. Boom!
                Was it just BDD quotes in there or a few horses?

Comment

33/1 with B365
                  Like I said, 25/1 the best I can get...

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                    Took 22’s with Hills whilst pissed a few weeks ago. I regretted the bet the next day and mulled over it since but reading that has made me feel a lot better. I always thought she was competitive and showing improvement last season but thought she’d hit her ceiling over hurdles unless she found the right handicap race. I hope she goes chasing and interested in seeing how she gets on.
                    I’m a knob, it was Mt Leinster not Stormy Ireland I bet on....I need to stop betting drunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                      Was it just BDD quotes in there or a few horses?
                      Said that her, Salsaretta and Cabaret Queen could all have it on their long term agenda.

Comment

Said that her, Salsaretta and Cabaret Queen could all have it on their long term agenda.
                        Yep, and all options open for BDD at this point of the season, including chasing.

Maybe if she took Honeysuckle on over 2M4F pre-Christmas in the Hattons Grace, it would tell Willie whether to stick or twist with the Mares Hurdle and Honeysuckle.

If BDD beat her in the Hattons Grace stay hurdling, if BDD got beaten there, then start to think about the Mares Chase.
                        Just a thought, sometimes better to have the clash pre-Festival if that helps decide options for the season.
                        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                          Yep, and all options open for BDD at this point of the season, including chasing.

Maybe if she took Honeysuckle on over 2M4F pre-Christmas in the Hattons Grace.
                          How likely is that though ?
                          Mares are fragile at the best of times and Mullins always looks after his best ones, Benie hasn’t seen a racecourse before February for 4 years and he clearly has a pre determined plan for her.
                          If Benie is seen this side of Christmas you can almost take it as an indication the plans for her have changed and maybe the Mares Chase is on the agenda, even though I still feel she’ll head back for the Mares Hurdle...

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

Maybe if she took Honeysuckle on over 2M4F pre-Christmas in the Hattons Grace, it would tell Willie whether to stick or twist with the Mares Hurdle and Honeysuckle.

If BDD beat her in the Hattons Grace stay hurdling, if BDD got beaten there, then start to think about the Mares Chase.
                            Just a thought, sometimes better to have the clash pre-Festival if that helps decide options for the season.
                            All up in the air. I do think Honeysuckle will be aimed at the Champion Hurdle this time so that could have a big bearing on where Benie goes. If Honey does end up Mares Hurdle then perhaps Benie will dodge her and go Mares Chase or Stayers. It's impossible to call.

Comment

• I hadn't considered Cabaret Queen for this until reading the comments /quote below on the Racing Post website. Prior to winning the Kerry National in September, Cabaret Queen had finished 3rd to Early Doors in the Galway Plate, so she seems to have some reasonable form. Backed her at 33-1, as already have Salsaetta and BDD (TWAR) in the book.

'Salsaretta, who went unbeaten in four novice chases last season and heads the sponsor's ante-post market at 6-1, the Kerry National winner Cabaret Queen and Benie Des Dieux – unbeaten in three outings over fences but not seen over the bigger obstacles for more than two and a half years – could all have it on their long-term agenda, Mullins said. "All three would definitely be in the mix," he confirmed'

Comment

• Would 2m4f not be a bit on the sharp side for Cabaret Queen?

She’s predominantly raced over 3m plus last couple of years. I’d fancy a younger novice over her I think, she’d be 9 next festival and I wouldn’t have her in a BDD category of class mare (will be 10).

He’ll have numerous mares to throw at this race so I wouldn’t be too taken by which ones he mentions early on as this will change like the weather imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X