Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Sounds like Leg 1 of the Lobos Life Changer is in the bag....
    You know me too well! I do like her though. Got very excited when I saw her Mares Chase record. That won't go unnoticed by Gordon when selecting her race.

Comment

I wouldn't get too excited by her record against mares. SPs of 1/6, 4/9, 2/5 and 4/7 against inferior opposition means the form isn't worth a lot. She was very good in her novice days but seems to be regressing, as mares do at her age.

I imagine that connections would be happy to win the inaugural running though so the price is very fair.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
        I wouldn't get too excited by her record against mares. SPs of 1/6, 4/9, 2/5 and 4/7 against inferior opposition means the form isn't worth a lot. She was very good in her novice days but seems to be regressing, as mares do at her age.

I imagine that connections would be happy to win the inaugural running though so the price is very fair.
        Maybe she was entitled to win those 4 chases but she won them with authority of a top Mare. Her runs against the boys in the last 18 months includes a close second to Min in the John Durkan ,beating Monalee by 5 lengths into 3rd when finishing runner up to Snow Falcon, finishing 2nd to Chris's Dream in the Red Mills Chase and 3rd behind Al Boum Photo in the Savills New Years Day chase. That to me doesn't spell regression. 25/1 could be a spectacular price should she take her chance.

Comment

Looking at the betting I think one that may fly under the radar as not a mullins mare is Annie Mc.

She is clearly well thought of at Jonjos to be put into the Marsh this year. She won’t have any penalties for the race being a grade 2. She won her first 3 chase starts prior to the festival.

As an antepost bet at 20/1 she may be one to get onside if looking away from the mullins mares.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
            Looking at the betting I think one that may fly under the radar as not a mullins mare is Annie Mc.

She is clearly well thought of at Jonjos to be put into the Marsh this year. She won’t have any penalties for the race being a grade 2. She won her first 3 chase starts prior to the festival.

As an antepost bet at 20/1 she may be one to get onside if looking away from the mullins mares.
            Do you really believe we live in a world where Willie Mullins doesn't have a mare good enough to beat Annie Mc though?

Why look away from the Mullins Mares

Comment

Do you really believe we live in a world where Willie Mullins doesn't have a mare good enough to beat Annie Mc though?

kev, I spent hours studying and came up with a reason why.............Shattered Love!. Lol !

Comment

I get that Kev, always good to be opened minded though.

Comment

Every time i look at this race Robin De Carlow jumps off the page and slaps me around the face just like Mrs Somer does for looking at younger woman in town on a Saturday night

Comment

Sometimes good.
                    Not always good.

For example.
                    Your 18 year old daughter brings home her new boyfriend.
                    Wealthy ex popstar and 76 year old, Paul Gadd.

I'd struggle with the open minded welcome I reckon.

Comment

Or, your new wife mentions she'd like to try pegging.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32978697594.html
                        Hung like a horse

Comment

Comment

Haha, absolutely.

To elaborate slightly, it isn't that I don't think a horse trained by Willie Mullins cannot win this race, they absoltuely can. What we can almost guarentee though is that Willie Mullins will have the favourite?

If we/you agree with that, it makes the race a little less appealing ante post - as there are almost no scenarios I can imagine whereby Annie Mc goes off favourite. I think given connections, even if she was winning relevant Mares Chases over here, on the day of the festival she'd still be a backable each way price against a 'Mullins Mares'...

It is the same with horses that others like, Happy Diva, La Bague Au Roi - any of the 'British' based Mares have such a limited ante post appeal because of Mullins' record... does anyone truely believe Happy Diva would go off single figures for this race? A 10 year old handicapper? She may well be a decent 'each way' bet on the day or something, but I believe you're living in a fantasy world if you think Happy Diva at 10yo would be beating Willie Mullins Mares at Cheltenham Festivals...

Comment

So thread closed then.....

No discussion needed.

Comment

Sometimes good.
                                Not always good.

For example.
                                Your 18 year old daughter brings home her new boyfriend.
                                Wealthy ex popstar and 76 year old, Paul Gadd.

I'd struggle with the open minded welcome I reckon.

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32978697594.html
                                So thread closed then.....

No discussion needed.

If Annie Mc wins the Mares Chase, I'll do a poll.... and I'll either get a Paul Gadd tattoo, or get pegged.

Nothing wrong with discussion, fight your corner

Comment

Working...
                                X