Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

No, but pushing him out to 8/1 or thereabouts I thought was an overreaction and I was looking to get him onside (another one I've managed to miss to now), if he lands here it would be hard to see him out of the three even with a 'U' next to his name.
    From what I've read the Gold Cup entry was an error/curve ball and this is very much the plan.
    Ideally everything else that is due to run here will impress over the next few weeks and IA's price will hold...
    I think that's because the 5/1 he was in to was a horrible price. 8/1 is what he should have been (or 10s really)... certainly shouldn't have been shorter than Min at any point for me.

I wouldn't want to go in to the Ryanair without Imperial Aura onside though, and I do expect that price to hold now... until perhaps the preview circuit when people come out and are willing to forgive the unseat given his jumping being his biggest asset so far.

The week of the DRF might be time to add him, when peoples eyes are drawn over seas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I think that's because the 5/1 he was in to was a horrible price. 8/1 is what he should have been (or 10s really)... certainly shouldn't have been shorter than Min at any point for me.
      I think connections rate the horse very very highly and it's hard to knock his win at Ascot beating Itchy Feet and Real Steel who have both been talked up for this race as well as other G1 options.
      My guess is they'll send him to the Ascot Chase and an impressive win there will see him back vying for favourtism...

Comment

I think connections rate the horse very very highly and it's hard to knock his win at Ascot beating Itchy Feet and Real Steel who have both been talked up for this race as well as other G1 options.
        My guess is they'll send him to the Ascot Chase and an impressive win there will see him back vying for favourtism...
        He'd deserve to be joint fav if he beats Cyrname at Ascot.
        Sounds like Kim Bailey is going to go straight there if not Ascot...

I suppose it gives you a bit of time still to mull it over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ice View Post
          Going into any race at the festival after a fall would put me off.
          Didn't work out too badly for Champ last year Ice .

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post

Didn't work out too badly for Champ last year Ice .
            No it didn't but obviously not ideal. I was on minella indo in the rsa and still not forgiven champ for mugging him that day !

Comment

• Wouldn't be worried re Imperial Aura. Jump a few after he unshipped the jockey and ran free for a mile and a half so had a nice blow out. Straight to the Ryanair now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                Straight to the Ryanair now.
                Is that a Lobos fact or a real fact ?
                I've not read anything...

Comment

I posted comments from yesterday a couple of pages back. #770

Comment

That's what I'd do if I trained him. No need for another run now.

Comment

• Running him in a handicap would be the most Kim Bailey thing ever.

If he ends up in the Plate he’d run a cracker and get pipped to the post by an Elliot plot carrying man than 2 stone less.

Imagine that

Comment

Timeform Cheltenham Festival news has an article today Ista - re Imperial Aura

Comment

• As much as I like Imperial Aura and having backed him last year, I won't be on him this year. IMO, all of the top novices from last season, Samcro, Melon, Mister Fisher, Allaho would have won the races he has won this year and then there are the likes of Min and Saint Calvados who I would also have above him. Other potentials with the likes of Cyrname and Waiting Patiently makes this race one of the hardest for me to confidently select a horse to place nevermind to win. I think I've already got 5 and definitely will be attempting a roll up on Melon! Therefore although it would be a total shock if IA didn't run here, it wouldn't surprise me as I think a handicap would be easier for him to win off 163 than winning the Ryanair.

Comment

• Anyone any fancies/angles/stats to help with this race? It seems like just as much of a minefield now as it did 6 months ago.. needless to say it’s the only race I’ve yet to make a selection in (exc handicaps)

min was my initial fancy 6 months ago but I think they’ll be one too good.. just not sure who

Comment

• The obvious issue is the majority of the top end are all
                              based in Ireland and we haven’t seen a single one of them clash at the middle distance.

Not even sure that we will either

Comment

• Originally posted by DeeBee View Post
                                Anyone any fancies/angles/stats to help with this race? It seems like just as much of a minefield now as it did 6 months ago.. needless to say it’s the only race I’ve yet to make a selection in (exc handicaps)

min was my initial fancy 6 months ago but I think they’ll be one too good.. just not sure who
                                I like min. I know we didn’t see anything the last day because of the fog, but in past renewals of the durkan he’s never been mind blowing in victory against much weaker fields (maybe that’s just min in general though, to be honest), it was a pretty hot race that day, at least on paper, we didn’t get to see any of it, it was obvious a few underperformed but even so I’d say it was the strongest of the 3 he’s now won, definitely stronger than last seasons.

I don’t think he’s bombproof or anything, but I could see him going off a similar price to last year, or slightly bigger, I’d say there could still be juice left in the 6/1. Imperial Aura I would have liked a lot more before his fall the last day & some odd comments from the trainer afterward. Willie looks to have a very strong hand, with surely one of & maybe both melon & Allaho also lining up here. For a horse I like I wasn’t overly impressed with Allaho in the Lexus at Christmas, but if he can show up in his RSA Chase form & make it over 2m4 I think he could be a weapon.

Melon i know there is a bit of a running joke about his propensity for finishing second but he’s a 166 rated chaser & was a mid-160s rated hurdler and he’s won 3 races in 20 starts including a maiden hurdle & a beginners Chase, in all seriousness that would be a concern for me if I were thinking about backing him, saying that he was just unlucky I think in the JLT last year in fairness.

Comment

Working...
                                X