Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seagle probably had to tip up Abacadabra's at this time.
    But he surely drifts again after getting beat in Dublin. Or at least stays around the 16-1+ mark.
    especially if haydock is on and song for someone or buveur dair run well, and then the other big disappointment Goshen runs well at sandown against fuck all.
    Even if he didn't run. I'd expect Aba's price to hold for a while.

Comment

• Matt Brocklebank of Sporting Life has also put Aba up

Matt Brocklebank is taking on last year's Champion Hurdle one-two with one of the leading novices from last season - find out who our man fancies for the big one.

Comment

• The hipster tip this year, Abacadabras to bounce back.

Was gonna be him or Goshen wasn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          The hipster tip this year, Abacadabras to bounce back.

Was gonna be him or Goshen wasn't it?
          He’s got a very good chance of hitting the frame. Easily the most underestimated horse of the festival. He’ll go very close.

Comment

• Originally posted by barizan View Post

He’s got a very good chance of hitting the frame. Easily the most underestimated horse of the festival. He’ll go very close.
            Disagree with being underestimated. What’s he done? Won a Morgiana and people said Saint Roi was the one to take out of it. Ran two poor races apart from that.

Aspire Tower is more underestimated than him surely? Or even Saldier? And that’s only in the CH frame!

I get he wasn’t well last time - he doesn’t want a battle, can’t see him turning the form around with any of the Irish personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topofthegame2021 View Post

Disagree with being underestimated. What’s he done? Won a Morgiana and people said Saint Roi was the one to take out of it. Ran two poor races apart from that.

Aspire Tower is more underestimated than him surely? Or even Saldier? And that’s only in the CH frame!

I get he wasn’t well last time - he doesn’t want a battle, can’t see him turning the form around with any of the Irish personally.
              Agree re Aspire Tower. His performances this season have been very overlooked. Big Ew chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Agree re Aspire Tower. His performances this season have been very overlooked. Big Ew chance.
                Especially if what HDB says about him filling out is true!

Comment

• Originally posted by barizan View Post

I hope so, he's still my best winner

Was just pointing out I think he might well be a horse that gets a lot of tips on the preview circuit and will potentially shorten.

Then again, he'll be going to the DRF won't he so that may swing it beforehand.

Comment

• As a backer of AT I sincerely hope he skips the DRF

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnage at Taunton View Post
                      As a backer of AT I sincerely hope he skips the DRF
                      I believe that is the plan for Aspire Tower, straight to the festival were the words freom HdB when asked after the last run...

Comment

• Yeh, I heard that too, and looking back at last season it makes perfect sense, thanks Kev

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnage at Taunton View Post
                          As a backer of AT I sincerely hope he skips the DRF
                          Me too, HDB said as much. Get there fresh, ping away from the front, catch me if you can antics please. He's definitely improving with every run but I think he might be slightly beneath this level.

Comment

• Possibly right Charlie, but as you say he’s an improver that goes well fresh, and he will give a run for your money, I would be pretty confident about that

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post

Me too, HDB said as much. Get there fresh, ping away from the front, catch me if you can antics please. He's definitely improving with every run but I think he might be slightly beneath this level.
                              Should set the race up nicely for Epatante then

Comment

• Plus it’s a funny year for me, the fav is plenty short enough for a horse that got beat fair and square to, and I cannot see any real stand out horse

Comment

Working...
                                X