Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme/Ballymore/Albert Bartlett - Novice Hurdles 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon doesn't really have much else for the Ballymore should Ballyadam go Supreme, does he?

Also I'd be inclined to not take that run as him not being quick enough. He beat a quick enough horse, IMO, in Fire Attack on his last bumper start, and he also quickened up well enough in his PTP too. I imagine he was only half baked for that today. Probably better waiting for his next entry and performance to judge fully.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToniC View Post
      Looks very much a 3 miler to me. Form of that race will no doubt be worthless, but jumped nicely for a first trip over timber bar I think the second or third where he wasn’t so fluent
      The trip for his next race will he informative. He does look ground dependant though. On Good to Soft he'd be outpaced in s Ballymore. Bit like The Big Breakaway last season.

Comment

• That race could be the start of an AB campaign for Queens Brook. Definitely wants a trip

Comment

• I’d imagine he’s lined up for the ‘grade 3 Monksfield’ at Navan next time out all being well!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Based on what?
            His knee action, stride, the way he jumps/gallops, today's race ........any more you need? Lol !

Comment

• I was wishing Gordon was going to come out and say same prep as Fury Road or something along those lines but thats a shame he keeps going on about Ballymore!

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                That race could be the start of an AB campaign for Queens Brook. Definitely wants a trip
                She certainly isn’t a 2 miler

2 runs and almost mowed down to mowed down today. Doesn’t have the pace to put a race to bed for me.

Comment

• Happy with Farouk there as well, did what was needed very easily.

Covered both races so will wait for entires next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                    Gordon Elliott-Farouk D'alene
                    @Downroyal
                    :“I think he’s that type of horse (Ballymore). You could hear him just have a blow after last. He has never shown anything at home but when you go to track he is better, he’s a perfect staying horse. I’d say he couldn’t have it soft enough”
                    I missed the post race interview Crolwey. Was it GOB that prompted the Ballymore question or did Gordon mention it himself again?

Comment

• Yet another winner from the bumper - Panic attack!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

His knee action, stride, the way he jumps/gallops, today's race ........any more you need? Lol !
                        So he can win an Albert Bartlett over 3m (2f further than today) but he'd get beat 1f less than today?

I'd be surprised if we get 'good' in the going ever again at Cheltenham - topic for another thread perhaps.

Ruling out a horse from one race and not the other based on today is impossible.
                        • "stride"? What evidence do you have to back up what stride lengths win each festival race?
                        • knee action - I struggle to believe your eye is that good, he's still won easily enough on yielding to soft today?
                        • the way he jumps? Again, do Albert Bartlett winners jump differently to Ballymore ones? He either jumps well enough or doesn't?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
                          Yet another winner from the bumper - Panic attack!
                          and loser....Queen's Brook....

Comment

and loser....Queen's Brook....
                            Haha fair one!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post

I missed the post race interview Crolwey. Was it GOB that prompted the Ballymore question or did Gordon mention it himself again?
                              Didn't see it, just picked the quote from Twitter.

Comment

So he can win an Albert Bartlett over 3m (2f further than today) but he'd get beat 1f less than today?

I'd be surprised if we get 'good' in the going ever again at Cheltenham - topic for another thread perhaps.

Ruling out a horse from one race and not the other based on today is impossible.
                                • "stride"? What evidence do you have to back up what stride lengths win each festival race?
                                • knee action - I struggle to believe your eye is that good, he's still won easily enough on yielding to soft today?
                                • the way he jumps? Again, do Albert Bartlett winners jump differently to Ballymore ones? He either jumps well enough or doesn't?

Wouldn't touch him in a Ballymore. I'd imagine Gordon would have several ahead of him for that race. Albert all the way. Very much in the mould of Fury Road last season. Almost identical actually.

Comment

Working...
                                X