Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “She seems in great form, and all seems good with her,” he said.

“We’re just looking forward to getting her out again really.”

“She obviously hasn’t proven herself left-handed. It can be a factor. She hasn’t shown any signs of it (being a problem) – but until they go and do it, who knows? She won her point-to-point in Dromahane left-handed – but other than that, she’s only run right-handed.

“We’re also dropping in trip. She won a Listed mares’ hurdle in Thurles over two miles last season, but she has always looked very good over two-and-a-half – and we never really saw much reason to change that.

“Again, it is something new to her. At this level (over two miles), it could be a different ball game, but we’ll learn.”
    Honeysuckle is a best priced 15-8 favourite with Sky Bet for the Irish Champion Hurdle.

De Bromhead is currently leaning towards the Mares’ Hurdle as her most likely target at the Cheltenham Festival, but admits the Unibet Champion Hurdle may come under consideration if she continues her winning streak in Dublin.

“We’d have to assess everything. At the moment we’re going to the Irish Champion Hurdle and then the Mares’ Hurdle,” he added.

“We’ll have to take a lot of things into account. It depends on her performance on the day and a few other things. Benie Des Dieux and Apple’s Jade are two formidable mares, and you’d have to see what way everything was going.

“I’d say if she did win the Irish Champion Hurdle, a decision on which race she’d run in (at) Cheltenham wouldn’t be made until much nearer the time. It wouldn’t be just made on her performance – there’ll be a lot of other things to weigh up.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd say that 95% goes for the Mares Hurdle they've banged on about becomes a helluva lot shorter if she wins it.... the related double is WELL worth looking at.

Henry is an absolute baller as well, he'll lay his spuds out and go for the big'un cos he's not a fanny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      “She seems in great form, and all seems good with her,” he said.

“We’re just looking forward to getting her out again really.”

“She obviously hasn’t proven herself left-handed. It can be a factor. She hasn’t shown any signs of it (being a problem) – but until they go and do it, who knows? She won her point-to-point in Dromahane left-handed – but other than that, she’s only run right-handed.

“We’re also dropping in trip. She won a Listed mares’ hurdle in Thurles over two miles last season, but she has always looked very good over two-and-a-half – and we never really saw much reason to change that.

“Again, it is something new to her. At this level (over two miles), it could be a different ball game, but we’ll learn.”
      Honeysuckle is a best priced 15-8 favourite with Sky Bet for the Irish Champion Hurdle.

De Bromhead is currently leaning towards the Mares’ Hurdle as her most likely target at the Cheltenham Festival, but admits the Unibet Champion Hurdle may come under consideration if she continues her winning streak in Dublin.

“We’d have to assess everything. At the moment we’re going to the Irish Champion Hurdle and then the Mares’ Hurdle,” he added.

“We’ll have to take a lot of things into account. It depends on her performance on the day and a few other things. Benie Des Dieux and Apple’s Jade are two formidable mares, and you’d have to see what way everything was going.

“I’d say if she did win the Irish Champion Hurdle, a decision on which race she’d run in (at) Cheltenham wouldn’t be made until much nearer the time. It wouldn’t be just made on her performance – there’ll be a lot of other things to weigh up.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd say that 95% goes for the Mares Hurdle they've banged on about becomes a helluva lot shorter if she wins it.... the related double is WELL worth looking at.

Henry is an absolute baller as well, he'll lay his spuds out and go for the big'un cos he's not a fanny.
      I took the 14/1 special double on Irish/Cheltenham Champion Hurdles at the weekend with PPower.

Ooh, my 1000th post, a Professional Fat Jockey, feels like a birthday.
      Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 21 January 2020, 06:21 PM.
      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
        I took the 14/1 special double on Irish/Cheltenham Champion Hurdles at the weekend with PPower.

Ooh, my 1000th post, a Professional Fat Jockey, feels like a birthday.
        Haha, congrats.... you've been sent to Warren Greatrex though.....

Seriously though, excellent contributions to the forum, I look forward to the next 1000 posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
          Four Mares have the top four RPRs in Champion Hurdle.

Apples Jade, Verdana Blue, Honeysuckle and Epatante, and given no male superstar to beat and a 7lb mares allowance, I can’t see why top quality Mares wouldn’t switch to the Champion Hurdle (it’s the “Gold Cup” of Hurdling).

Next year we may have one or two superstar novice geldings taking over the scene and the Mares could have lost their best chance.

They can go to the Mares Hurdle the following year, or the new Mares Chase.
          When you put it like that, yeah. However, for me, she's NOT a 2 miler. If she runs in Irish Churdle I think we will find out that she should stick to 2 1/2 even if she does scrape home which I personally think will be the outcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
            When you put it like that, yeah. However, for me, she's NOT a 2 miler. If she runs in Irish Churdle I think we will find out that she should stick to 2 1/2 even if she does scrape home which I personally think will be the outcome.
            She looks class to me Lobos. And class will look good over any trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
              She looks class to me Lobos. And class will look good over any trip.
              She is all class but if she doesn't go Mares shed be more suited to Stayers as I see it. Think she'd get beat in English Churdle. I'm sure Henry will see sense. If not, I'll cut his cock off.

Comment

She is all class but if she doesn't go Mares shed be more suited to Stayers as I see it. Think she'd get beat in English Churdle. I'm sure Henry will see sense. If not, I'll cut his cock off.

Thank goodness Honey isn’t with Jessie, Venetia , Rebecca , Lucinda etc

Comment

• Question for you.....if Honey does win Irish Churdle comfortably and they stuck to the original plan of the Mares, would you say she would then be odds on to beat Benie and company ?

Comment

Question for you.....if Honey does win Irish Churdle comfortably and they stuck to the original plan of the Mares, would you say she would then be odds on to beat Benie and company ?
                    Don’t think it’s that simplistic

As we’ve bet ante post I don’t understand the significance of favouritism or prices

Comment

• I don’t think she beats BDD

Comment

• Originally posted by Humble Pie View Post
                        Don’t think it’s that simplistic

As we’ve bet ante post I don’t understand the significance of favouritism or prices
                        I'll put it another way.... would you cash in BDD bets ??

Comment

Question for you.....if Honey does win Irish Churdle comfortably and they stuck to the original plan of the Mares, would you say she would then be odds on to beat Benie and company ?
                          Yeah, I think the market would make her odds on if she wins it reasonably or better. She's already 5/4 NRNB so they can't do anything but trim her NRNB.

I'm not confident she'd stay odds on though, on the day it's not hard to envisage a wave of support behind Benie Des Dieux..... the trainer, colours, memories from last year, story of redemption, comparison to Annie Power, yard support and her actual talent would all lend itself to her shortening up.... and I imagine Honeysuckle will drift closer to the off (relative to BDD)

The trouble you have, is that you need her to win the Irish CH, to show she's in good form and has the class for Grade 1's at festivals, BUT you don't want her to win too well as they may go for another race....?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Yeah, I think the market would make her odds on if she wins it reasonably or better. She's already 5/4 NRNB so they can't do anything but trim her NRNB.

I'm not confident she'd stay odds on though, on the day it's not hard to envisage a wave of support behind Benie Des Dieux..... the trainer, colours, memories from last year, story of redemption, comparison to Annie Power, yard support and her actual talent would all lend itself to her shortening up.... and I imagine Honeysuckle will drift closer to the off (relative to BDD)

The trouble you have, is that you need her to win the Irish CH, to show she's in good form and has the class for Grade 1's at festivals, BUT you don't want her to win too well as they may go for another race....?
                            Just want her to run her race in Ireland, come back fit and well and then go to Mares. I think she'll lead from the off and slowly wind it up. Expect Sharjah track her and mount s challenge between the last 2. Think Honey will hold him but only under hard driving, staying on for a 1 1/2 length win. HDB and Rachel will immediately say that she needs further and confirm her for the Mares. Sorted.

Comment

I'll put it another way.... would you cash in BDD bets ??
                              NO

Why ?

Comment

• Really want Honey to come here and BDD give us all something to enjoy

Oh and make a few quid in the process

Obviously mean the Mares

Comment

Working...
                                X