Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Request-a-Bets (was 'Sky Bets' thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's not a hugely unrealistic danger that three of them go for the same race. There's obviously the option they don't like, and it's unlikely all three will but it's enough alone to put me off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benjy23 View Post
      There's not a hugely unrealistic danger that three of them go for the same race. There's obviously the option they don't like, and it's unlikely all three will but it's enough alone to put me off.
      Most of the RAB's with 3+ horses in are like this. There's always one or two that may turn up in the same race and there's always one that is an 'unlikely ' looking winner. The bookies aren't stupid. They are definitely a bookies benefit.

Comment

• These RABS I tend to stay to doubles if having a go, and normally not previous festival winners. They can make the odd mistake overpricing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
          …..Sky RaB;

FV, Impervious, Lossie & Marine N a/r 250-1
          On the face of it this looks good but surely a massive risk that 2 go to the same race?

Comment

• I know these bets don't suit many people but one that might interest some, it's in the cheltenham festival 2024 request a bets section 80/1 +

fact to file, mirazur west and mister policeman all to win any race 200/1

individually priced at 4/1 ,7/1 and 5/1 to win any race the treble if allowed to do it manually would be 239/1.

I think this one has a serious chance of making it to march with a live shout, if, as with any bet they all remained healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by AaronLad View Post
              I know these bets don't suit many people but one that might interest some, it's in the cheltenham festival 2024 request a bets section 80/1 +

individually priced at 4/1 ,7/1 and 5/1 to win any race the treble if allowed to do it manually would be 239/1.

I think this one has a serious chance of making it to march with a live shout, if, as with any bet they all remained healthy.
              Changed to 150/1 already

Think you're right!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Changed to 150/1 already

Think you're right!
                125/1 now

glad i got my free bet on it before posting.

maybe they're all reading

Comment

125/1 now

My hefty fiver moved the market

I'd guess it only takes about 5 bets within 2 minutes to flag up and them alter it

Comment

125/1 now

….it’s been there a while, I put the bet on a month ago (I’m limited so built it up over a week or so). I’m sure I highlighted it on the site somewhere (Bookmakers offers?). Must’ve been a bit of interest or perhaps Sky are catching up with yesterdays Mullins stable tour.

Edit; Bet highlighted in ‘Bookmakers Offers’ thread on 16th Oct but the offer was up for a week or so prior to that.
                    Last edited by Eggs; 13 November 2023, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• I did it too, wasn't going to bother as recently they have been restricting me - even with free bets.
                      How annoyed do you think I've been getting when using shitty little 5 pound free bets on 25-1 shots and getting a message back that I'm restricted to 2 pounds 6 pence !!
                      But they let me do it today also.
                      Might be due to safer gambling week they keep bugging me about

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                        I did it too, wasn't going to bother as recently they have been restricting me - even with free bets.
                        How annoyed do you think I've been getting when using shitty little 5 pound free bets on 25-1 shots and getting a message back that I'm restricted to 2 pounds 6 pence !!
                        But they let me do it today also.
                        Might be due to safer gambling week they keep bugging me about
                        We all slag off these bookies for restricting us but all along it was for our own good !

Comment

• Has anyone requested a JP owned special for the festival, they may offer decent odds for 4/5/6 winners.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post

….it’s been there a while, I put the bet on a month ago (I’m limited so built it up over a week or so). I’m sure I highlighted it on the site somewhere (Bookmakers offers?). Must’ve been a bit of interest or perhaps Sky are catching up with yesterdays Mullins stable tour.

Edit; Bet highlighted in ‘Bookmakers Offers’ thread on 16th Oct but the offer was up for a week or so prior to that.
                            Ues it wss definately up on the 4th oct.

Comment

I know these bets don't suit many people but one that might interest some, it's in the cheltenham festival 2024 request a bets section 80/1 +

Moot now but surely the RAB should be a bigger price than the treble due to the small chance of FTF turning up in the same race as one of the other two (250/1 makes sense to me). I don't see how it's a related contingency (pretty sure Mullins usually has a few winners in March) and don't see why the individual selections can't be combined other than it would dent the RAB markets (which would seem to be a money spinner for the bookies).

When you can back actually related contingencies using the single race markets it seems like a punt to take curated prices on RABs unless there's an obvious rick, although I suppose if you think the individual any race prices are all decent value then combining them as a small stakes multiple probably is plus EV, even though the volatility is obviously through the roof.
                              Last edited by Exotic Dancer; 14 November 2023, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exotic Dancer View Post

Moot now but surely the RAB should be a bigger price than the treble due to the small chance of FTF turning up in the same race as one of the other two (250/1 makes sense to me). I don't see how it's a related contingency (pretty sure Mullins usually has a few winners in March) and don't see why the individual selections can't be combined other than it would dent the RAB markets (which would seem to be a money spinner for the bookies).

When you can back actually related contingencies using the single race markets it seems like a punt to take curated prices on RABs unless there's an obvious rick, although I suppose if you think the individual any race prices are all decent value then combining them as a small stakes multiple probably is plus EV, even though the volatility is obviously through the roof.
                                it's the fact you can't manually put "any race" multiples on that make the request a bets attractive to some. In my openng post my first sentence was "i know these bets don't suit many people"
                                And i may have given incorrect odds of their individual any race prices when i posted yesterday, i unfortunately gave the prices i had written down from 2 weeks ago when i first placed this bet. The odds are now in fact 4/1 5/1 7/2, which is 139/1, doesn't really matter now anyway.

with this particular bet it was the individual horses and certainly 2 horses uncertain targets, namely Fact to file and mirazur west, and willie mullins' habit of leaving us guessing until the sunday before cheltenham.

I totally get most of them the value stinks and i play 1 a season, 2 max, but this one just stuck out to me like a sore thumb.

Comment

Working...
                                X