Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lalor straight to Arkle (confirmation - if needed)

Woollacott had a look at the track while attending Doncaster Sales on Wednesday and was not prepared to risk her stable star on ground that has been watered due to the lack of rain.
    "The weather hasn't helped anyone, they've been watering it for quite a while just to maintain it and we don't really want to be running Lalor on watered ground in the middle of winter," she said in her Betway blog.
    "It's just not the same as good ground at Cheltenham in the spring for example. I had a good chat with Dicky (Richard Johnson) and his owner David Staddon on the way home from Doncaster and we all agreed that the best plan is to go straight to Cheltenham.
    "As I've said before, we know he goes well fresh and his form in the spring has always been very good. He's in great form, he did one of his best pieces of work this season last Friday, so it's a shame that we're not going up to Donny, but we don't think it's worth the risk. We'll now just focus on training him for the Arkle and hope he gets there in one piece and in great form."

Comment

• Dynamite Dollars win today wasn't eye catching then ...

The way I feel about him... is that I know I am under estimating him, and he has a string of 1's to his name now (4 wins in 5 chase starts) ... but I can't bring myself to believe he's an Arkle winner.

1st on chase debut
      2nd in a Grade 2
      1st in a Grade 1
      1st in a Grade 2
      1st in a Grade 2

You can easily knock the form of them though...

Is there anyone at all that likes him for this race? I want to! I just don't.

Comment

• PN must be the only one! Surely there's better!? Surely....

Comment

• I just can't help but think he'll be another Black Corton.

Lovely horse, but just not going to cut it when the big money is down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
            PN must be the only one! Surely there's better!? Surely....
            Yeah, I know

Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
            I just can't help but think he'll be another Black Corton.

Lovely horse, but just not going to cut it when the big money is down.
            Yeah

How many 7/1 shots have that profile though? In a likely small field?

Let's find reasons for me to want to back him

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Yeah, I know

Yeah

BC went off 5s, and wasn't far behind Elegant Escape in a what could turn out to be a pretty decent RSA

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Yeah, I know

Yeah

Can't help you there Kev , I thought he was Bang average yesterday, Looked good before though.

Comment

• Not that it matters to the majority of us who are on at bigger prices, but small amounts of blue for CE today, Kalashnikov weak though.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    Not that it matters to the majority of us who are on at bigger prices, but small amounts of blue for CE today, Kalashnikov weak though.
                    Matt Brocklebank on Sporting Life has tipped him in latest column, along with Hardline for JLT.
                    Should please a few people I'd reckon

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                      Matt Brocklebank on Sporting Life has tipped him in latest column, along with Hardline for JLT.
                      Should please a few people I'd reckon
                      Makes sense, I rarely read the tipping section of any racing media myself, but cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                        Makes sense, I rarely read the tipping section of any racing media myself, but cheers
                        I wouldn’t be a disciple of any of them myself, but I’d definitely put more stock in the opinions of the people at sporting life than the racing post

Comment

• Anyone get the grasp of what Joseph o’brien Said regarding Le Richburg target? Was asked what the target is but line was dodgy and he’s never easy to understand.

Comment

• 365 have just cut CE to 13-2, luckily just after I had reinvested some of my Pic d’Ory cashout funds. Cheers Scooby

Comment

• Think the bookmakers are finally grasping that the Irish form is better than the UK stuff, only for me to eat my words in several weeks time

Le Richebourg also cut.

Comment

• LR May have been based on O’Brien interview tonight on Sky Racing ... although I have no idea what he said..lol

Comment

Working...
                                X