Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hors3s View Post
    So if your saying LR wont like softer ground which we might be likely to get, would you say this would play more into Kalashnikovs hands as he is more of a stayer?

Personally for me i'd be siding with Kalashnikov if the ground was soft or worse.
    I think it would play into any of the top 3 in the betting nearest LR. He'll be the one who will likely suffer the most for any softened ground, but Lalor, Kalashnikov & Cilaos Emery wouldn't have any issue with it.

Unless it hammers it down over the next 2 to 3 weeks it probably won't be soft or worse anyway, most likely is Good-Soft after they water it.

As it stands I don't think there is much rain forecast for the next week or so. But still a long way out to gauge exact ground conditions.

Comment

• Im surprised they aren't considering a crack at the JLT for Kalashnikov myself.

I dont think the front two in that race set a very high standard myself, and Le Richebourg, Lalor and CE look more formidable opponents. Coupled with the fact there is plenty of stamina in his pedigree and he shapes like he will stay further. I dont give him much chance in the Arkle, but would back him in the JLT.

Comment

• Kalashnikov has had 2 runs right handed, and both have been defeats. Even with that, he did disappoint behind DDs a horse i would hope wouldn't be good enough for this if fit.

Comment

• Kalashnikov has won a Betfair hurdle and come 2nd in a decent enough Supreme, so i think it's a little bit unfair to say he doesn't have the pace to win an Arkle.

Also people using DD as a yardstick as to why he won't win, forgetting that the Nicholls horse also beat Lalor too.

Comment

• Originally posted by luisgarciaisgod View Post
            Kalashnikov has won a Betfair hurdle and come 2nd in a decent enough Supreme, so i think it's a little bit unfair to say he doesn't have the pace to win an Arkle.

Also people using DD as a yardstick as to why he won't win, forgetting that the Nicholls horse also beat Lalor too.
            Kalashnikov could be decent and probably ran in wrong race last time.
            But the supreme wasn’t very good in hindsight

Comment

Kalashnikov has won a Betfair hurdle and come 2nd in a decent enough Supreme, so i think it's a little bit unfair to say he doesn't have the pace to win an Arkle.

The supreme was on heavy going and the betfair really soft. On normal Cheltenham going I don't think hes quick enough and agree he should be going for the JLT.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
                The supreme was on heavy going and the betfair really soft. On normal Cheltenham going I don't think hes quick enough and agree he should be going for the JLT.
                Kalash massively underestimated on here, a ferocious run 2m on softer ground right up his street.

I've not backed him but he is definately a danger for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by hors3s View Post
                  Kalash massively underestimated on here, a ferocious run 2m on softer ground right up his street.

I've not backed him but he is definately a danger for me.
                  Ground should be fine for him on the Tuesday and I think it may be perfect race for him.
                  Competitive little race though

Comment

• He's a boat. Big huge slow boat.

The betfair hurdle win on bad ground was rubbish.

The Supreme was rubbish. He's been rubbish since ... met one decent horse and lost.

The Arkle might suit him but that doesn't mean he's good enough to win it.

Ask for a justice refund if you're on at 33/1 ... better off buying some tissues to dry your eyes with

He's more likely to win a Gold Cup than an Arkle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      He's a boat. Big huge slow boat.

The betfair hurdle win on bad ground was rubbish.

The Supreme was rubbish. He's been rubbish since ... met one decent horse and lost.

The Arkle might suit him but that doesn't mean he's good enough to win it.

Ask for a justice refund if you're on at 33/1 ... better off buying some tissues to dry your eyes with

He's more likely to win a Gold Cup than an Arkle.
                      possibly correct, bit harsh.
                      got a sneaky bit of respect for him personally.
                      probably end up a stayer though, for sure

Comment

The Betfair is a handicap & the Supreme has proved to be very poor. Cant see him winning this race. I think he should be double his odds.

Comment

• Absolutely, if Lalor wins there'll be tears all over the shop
                          Last edited by Gem1304; 14 February 2019, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• What do we think about Glen Forsa today? I really like the horse, I think if he can keep up with the pace today he jumps well enough he should be able to give Kalashnikov a race. I must admit I’m not Kalashnikov’s biggest fan so I’m looking at him getting beat today. With Glen Forsa wouldn’t this ruin his handicap mark with a good run here? I’ve added at 40/1 for arkle with bet 365 with cash out and NRNB safety, I see him more as a JLT type with his previous handicap runs and again 16/1 with 365 for that race. He’s as big as 40/1 with William Hill. I don’t know if I’m crazy and the fact I really like Glen Forsa and dislike Kalashnikov has clouded my judgement here!

Comment

• Originally posted by Willdunn99 View Post
                              What do we think about Glen Forsa today? I really like the horse, I think if he can keep up with the pace today he jumps well enough he should be able to give Kalashnikov a race. I must admit I’m not Kalashnikov’s biggest fan so I’m looking at him getting beat today. With Glen Forsa wouldn’t this ruin his handicap mark with a good run here? I’ve added at 40/1 for arkle with bet 365 with cash out and NRNB safety, I see him more as a JLT type with his previous handicap runs and again 16/1 with 365 for that race. He’s as big as 40/1 with William Hill. I don’t know if I’m crazy and the fact I really like Glen Forsa and dislike Kalashnikov has clouded my judgement here!
                              I’ll be extremely disappointed if GF won today. It would blow his mark for the Close Brothers which he would hack up in otherwise.

Comment

• Backing the McManus drifter against Kalashnikov today she is top rated at the weights and too highly rated to get in novices handicap.
                                Last edited by mayo; 15 February 2019, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X