• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Request-a-Bets (was 'Sky Bets' thread)

In the cheltenham festival request a bets 33/1 - 66/1 section there is this little gem.
allaho, constitution hill , facile vega and gailard du mesnil all to win any race 33/1.
directly below is the same bet plus jonbon for the same odds 33/1.

Doing allaho (rc), con hill (ch), GDM (nhc), Facile vega (any race) is only 35.67/1
the above request a bet takes out the possible running of GDM in the banc.
 
Last edited:
Early RABs for next festival's non existent now, few mentions of only pricing up until March time.

Paddy have a few but nowhere near worthwhile.

I like to the RABs as doubles but will most likely target losers of this year or non festival horses for next year.

Another antepost nail in the coffin. Its a challenge though!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eudipe and Eggs
Fair amount of rabs just come in with Galopin!:emmersed:
 
….this Sky RaB might interest some;

Ballyburn, GW, IEP a/r + GDC GC 200-1

Can't see that anymore ... snaffled already!
 
Can't see that anymore ... snaffled already!

I requested it a few days ago and they took it down and I had to request to get it put back up, it seems theyre just taking them down now if they don't get backed or something as I was waiting until I got my free bet to back it
 
….this Sky RaB might interest some;

Ballyburn, GW, IEP a/r + GDC GC 200-1

IMO we'll not see GW going to Cheltenham again. Hanging RH has cost him twice so pointless trying for a third time. I'll be ignoring him completely.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs
I thought we were on about Grangeclare West. Wins the Martin Pipe.
 
IMO we'll not see GW going to Cheltenham again. Hanging RH has cost him twice so pointless trying for a third time. I'll be ignoring him completely.

Really? I'd have to watch it again but I don't think he hung in the Ballymore?
 
That's what Patrick said. Was hanging all the way.

Just rewatched the race, looked like he went right at the 2nd (albeit the whole field kind of followed CK in going that way) and then slightly right at 3 out. The rest he was pretty good and straight at. It looks like it was just a case of paddy not being able to settle him, he ran very keenly when trying to be restrained and I'd be very surprised if Ricci is happy to not send him next year.
 
Just rewatched the race, looked like he went right at the 2nd (albeit the whole field kind of followed CK in going that way) and then slightly right at 3 out. The rest he was pretty good and straight at. It looks like it was just a case of paddy not being able to settle him, he ran very keenly when trying to be restrained and I'd be very surprised if Ricci is happy to not send him next year.

You only have to watch Ricci’s emotion when he got his 20th festival winner with Lossiemouth this year to know that every runner he has in his colours that is good enough will be back next year.

I managed to get a point on before it was taken down. As with all of these, half the battle is getting all four/five selections to the festival fit and firing…
 
  • Like
Reactions: darlojim
Just rewatched the race, looked like he went right at the 2nd (albeit the whole field kind of followed CK in going that way) and then slightly right at 3 out. The rest he was pretty good and straight at. It looks like it was just a case of paddy not being able to settle him, he ran very keenly when trying to be restrained and I'd be very surprised if Ricci is happy to not send him next year.

He didn't say he jumped to the right but just hung to the right. Was probably fighting against him all the way. It's just not ideal . He gets away with it in poor races but not championship races. It's a shame but it happens.
 
He's just a lower level than IEP isn't he. Left or right handed. Don't think hanging cost him the race at all like.
 
He's just a lower level than IEP isn't he. Left or right handed. Don't think hanging cost him the race at all like.

Agree. Simply just below top class.
 
…..Sky RaB;

FV, Impervious, Lossie & Marine N a/r 250-1
 
…..Sky RaB;

FV, Impervious, Lossie & Marine N a/r 250-1

Imagine if someone had told you 12 months ago that Facile Vega would probably be the least likely of these to win!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs