• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Request-a-Bets (was 'Sky Bets' thread)

Is it? It's happened once in ten years. The top 10 in the market are all Irish which makes it look like a great bet, but 9/17 winners have started with an SP at 20/1 or greater, and those are just winners. Given 8/10 of those priced 20/1 or greater are British trained, that looks like a classic red herring special IMO.

I’m not sure the price is Too Friendly :applouse:
 
Haha I'm always the same fella.
RAB then Cheltenham RAB and scroll down until you find Irish specials.......the good ones are always the hardest to find, which is as it should be really!
 
Is it? It's happened once in ten years. The top 10 in the market are all Irish which makes it look like a great bet, but 9/17 winners have started with an SP at 20/1 or greater, and those are just winners. Given 8/10 of those priced 20/1 or greater are British trained, that looks like a classic red herring special IMO.

I'd say the fact the top ten in the market are Irish makes it excellent value personally. I whittled this race down to a shortlist of 6 and they are all Irish. I wouldn't be put off by the fact there have been some big priced winners in the past tbh.

Also, the fact its only happened once in ten years may be one of those trends that doesn't really stand up to scrutiny. How many times have the top ten in the market all been Irish?
 
Having had a quick look over the past ten years there used to be a lot of English trained horses prominent in the market. All the way until 2017 you struggle to even find many fancied Irish horses tbh.

The only year the Irish have ever had the top 4 in the market was 2019 and they finished 1-2-3. So to say they have the top ten currently (that may change but will surely end up being the top 6 or 7) I would say they have never been anything like as dominant in the market as they are this year.
 
Haha I'm always the same fella.
RAB then Cheltenham RAB and scroll down until you find Irish specials.......the good ones are always the hardest to find, which is as it should be really!

Cheers. Down to 3's already
 
Cheers. Down to 3's already

I took some the 3s when I went to back it at 7/2.

Thought 3/1 was still worth it... not a bet to go overboard with... but still.
 
Following on from the discussion on the race thread earlier, Gabynako to win the Turners Novice Chase betting without Bob Olinger & Galopin Des Champs is available @ 6/1. I think this is nice because you aren't paying for the (likely) wasted win bet.

Lots of ifs and buts (I'm not convinced at least one of Saint Sam, Jungle Boogie and Haut En Coulours won't turn up; which race will Gabynako target, etc) but NRNB and I think a fair price.
 
Following on from the discussion on the race thread earlier, Gabynako to win the Turners Novice Chase betting without Bob Olinger & Galopin Des Champs is available @ 6/1. I think this is nice because you aren't paying for the (likely) wasted win bet.

Lots of ifs and buts (I'm not convinced at least one of Saint Sam, Jungle Boogie and Haut En Coulours won't turn up; which race will Gabynako target, etc) but NRNB and I think a fair price.

Which bookie is this with?
 
With L'homme Presse out of the way and Gabynako supplemented for the Arkle it's been well highlighted in the Turners thread that this race is cutting up completely.
Sky RAB have 5/6 on the reverse forecast Bob O and Galopin. You'd think they "just" have to both jump round.
 
With L'homme Presse out of the way and Gabynako supplemented for the Arkle it's been well highlighted in the Turners thread that this race is cutting up completely.
Sky RAB have 5/6 on the reverse forecast Bob O and Galopin. You'd think they "just" have to both jump round.

This is a great spot. I just can't bring myself to back it ... not sure why. Definitely going to regret it.
 
Maybe you want to keep your account

The guys I have with Sky accounts aren't having any problems with their specials so far, Think they only take fairly small liabilities depending on what level they have your account pegged at but there's been no further account restrictions over the last few weeks. Don't see why the above punt would cause them any problems?
 
The guys I have with Sky accounts aren't having any problems with their specials so far, Think they only take fairly small liabilities depending on what level they have your account pegged at but there's been no further account restrictions over the last few weeks. Don't see why the above punt would cause them any problems?

It’s just my opinion. When the dust settles I suspect they will take a look at which offers were popular and with whom. They will see a pattern of the same faces over and over and I’d worry they will then take action. A lot of these popular ones are obviously value but at prohibitive odds thus allowing them to manage risk/exposure while also providing them with rich data/information....it’s just effective risk management. Let’s hope I’m wrong but I’m not taking the risk....just a personal choice.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Moby123
It’s just my opinion. When the dust settles I suspect they will take a look at which offers were popular and with whom. They will see a pattern of the same faces over and over and I’d worry they will then take action. A lot of these popular ones are obviously value but at prohibitive odds thus allowing them to manage risk/exposure while also providing them with rich data/information....it’s just effective risk management. Let’s hope I’m wrong but I’m not taking the risk....just a personal choice.

Yeah fair enough. The algorithms they use don't take any prisoners do they :acne:
 
Skybet have finally chopped Henderson to train 3 winners or less from the incredibly generous 11/10 to 1/2
That's still a good bet for me.
 
They've just reduced it from 5/6 to 8/11 (as a reaction to people taking it up I guess). So they can't have been that unhappy with the pricing?

I don’t understand...I wasn’t suggesting they were?
 
I don’t understand...I wasn’t suggesting they were?

This wasn't aimed at you. It was a general comment re fears that 5/6 might've been an old (non-updated) price from a time when there was less certainty re GDC's race and also when LP was probably still being aimed here.
 
This wasn't aimed at you. It was a general comment re fears that 5/6 might've been an old (non-updated) price from a time when there was less certainty re GDC's race and also when LP was probably still being aimed here.

Oh ok ...no worries