• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Punchestown 2021

Mullins odds on to be champion festival trainer next year on this awesome showing
 
Asterion Forlonge has opened 11/4 in a race Willie has won 4/5 times. Willie is on fire and Asterion (touch wood) has been jumping well of late. I think he'll take all the beating tomorrow and have waded in, and doubled with Honeysuckle.

Keskonrisk looks a solid fav but I'll chance El Barra @ 12/1 EW.
 
HDB is bang out of form but couldn't resist a couple of points each way on January Jets in the handicap chase at 20/1.
 
Bob O is a non runner today according to Racing Post - apparently has a cough and has been withdrawn. Actually a bit relieved about that - just package him up in cotton wool and give him a break after a long season.
 
charlie Taken a shot on El Barry too - beat Suprise Package in last race who won well on Wednesday
 
Bob O is a non runner today according to Racing Post - apparently has a cough and has been withdrawn. Actually a bit relieved about that - just package him up in cotton wool and give him a break after a long season.

Me too. :encouragement:
 
All over Asterion Forlonge today but A Wave Of The Sea @ 25's on the exchange and 12/1 EW 6 places has to be taken. He was very well supported in the Grand Annual and ultimately disappointed, but he's had a break and was beating The Shunter and Entoucas in February. Thats seriously good form. JOB is having a miserable festival with Willie Mullins dominating, but he brings A Wave Of The Sea here fresh whereas others have gone to other festivals and might arrive with a bit less under the bonnet. I think he's a great back up bet to AF.
 
Done a couple of multi’s with these for a bit of interest today....

3.40 Alpha Male
5.25 Sharjah
6.35 Bob And Co
7.05 MC Muldoon
7.35 Stone Mad
 
Completely unrelated to betting this week but I have to say I am always very impressed with how the Irish courses keep the races on time!

Have seen most of the races and barring the false starts every horse is walking in soon as the tv tells you post time and within 10/15 seconds the race is off.

Does my head in in the UK how far past post time races go off!
 
4.15 A very competitive 2m5f novice h'cap chase with plenty of runners (16). The best known is Asterion Forlonge who jumped a lot better at the festival being a creditable 3rd in the Marsh behind Chantry House. Fils D'Oudairies and January Jets have both been well beaten by Envoi Allen. Rebel Gold well beaten by AF but now with a weight advantage. Dostal Phil has been consistent for Hobbs with winning form over 2m2.5f but is only 5/1. A Wave of the Sea (16/1) has some classy hurdles and chase form but was disappointing at the festival. Has won over 2.5m. School Boy Hours also has a weight advantage for a clear defeat by AF. IfICudIWud showed a big improvement in form over better ground LTO. Though it's unwise to oppose Mullins I feel there is better value elsewhere here:

Selection: A Wave of the Sea
Outsider: IICudIWud
 
4.50 A tough mares 2m5f h'cap chase. These Irish h'caps are ultra competitive.
Court Maid has a good level of form between 2.5 and 3.5m. Salsaretta's 4th to Colreevy is looking pretty good now and has beaten Agusta Gold on worse terms on similar going here. ScarletandDove is talented but the jumping is iffy. Abbey Magic seems to prefer faster ground. Contingency looks interesting for Mullins. 2nd in a very competitive 2.5m hurdle at this meeting in 2019. Lost its action in its last race in July20. Has Mullins worked the oracle? Rapid Response has been consistent in good races and is well wieghted with Court Maid

Selection: Salsaretta
Others: Contingency, Rapid Response, Waitnsee
 
Asterion Forlonge has opened 11/4 in a race Willie has won 4/5 times. Willie is on fire and Asterion (touch wood) has been jumping well of late. I think he'll take all the beating tomorrow and have waded in, and doubled with Honeysuckle.

Keskonrisk looks a solid fav but I'll chance El Barra @ 12/1 EW.

He's pissed in like a tool there. I was genuinely shocked he opened 11/4 and was expecting 6/4. Won like an odds on shot. Cracking start. Come on Honey, do it for the double!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Toshyboy
5.25 Honeysuckle looks bomb proof here especially after just re-watching the champion hurdle. Her first run at Punchestown but she's won at Fairyhouse which is quite similar. I don't see why Sharjah should be a higher price than Epatante since Sharjah was clear second best at Cheltenham
Selection: Honeysuckle
Value: Sharjah

6.00 Gaillard du Mesnil should outclass the others here

6.35 This looks like Mullins v Nicholls with Billaway and Bob and Co. Others of interest are Solomn Grundy and Staker Wallace. The former has been beaten twice by Billaway but is on a winning run
Selection: Bob and Co
Value: Solomn Grundy
 
Last edited:
The Mrs is called Lisa so had a couple of quid e/w on Flirting Lisa at 150/1. :welcoming:
 
[B]Asterion Forlonge has opened 11/4 in a race Willie has won 4/5 times. Willie is on fire and Asterion (touch wood) has been jumping well of late. I think he'll take all the beating tomorrow and have waded in, and doubled with Honeysuckle.[/B]

Keskonrisk looks a solid fav but I'll chance El Barra @ 12/1 EW.

I love Honeysuckle, I just love her. She is incredible. Just get on for CH next year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Supermaster
Asterion Forlonge has opened 11/4 in a race Willie has won 4/5 times. Willie is on fire and Asterion (touch wood) has been jumping well of late. I think he'll take all the beating tomorrow and have waded in, and doubled with Honeysuckle.

Keskonrisk looks a solid fav but I'll chance El Barra @ 12/1 EW.

Not the worst day I've ever had :tongue-new:
 
Asterion Forlonge has opened 11/4 in a race Willie has won 4/5 times. Willie is on fire and Asterion (touch wood) has been jumping well of late. I think he'll take all the beating tomorrow and have waded in, and doubled with Honeysuckle.

Keskonrisk looks a solid fav but I'll chance El Barra @ 12/1 EW.

Top notch there Charlie

knew it would be a Rocco horse but plumped for Elite Charbonnie instead
 
  • Like
Reactions: Toshyboy