• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Novice Chasers 2027

Lots of blue for Narciso Has in the Arkle today. Anything been said or just put up by an X tipster?
 
Lots of blue for Narciso Has in the Arkle today. Anything been said or just put up by an X tipster?
I keep leaving him and leaving him and his price just keeps contracting. I had 2 bets today. Winday 40/1 and Emilia Earheart 18/1 each way, just been and put the winnings amount on him on the nose at 12s. Didn't really want to back him at that price but he seems to only be going one way. 'Q' will probably tell me I have been a prat and he will probably be proven right but sod it. Had to get him in somewhere 😄 Attempted a roll up with Daryz with the rest as my big ticket on Maltese Cross looks to have been murdered with the draw 🤮😭
 
I keep leaving him and leaving him and his price just keeps contracting. I had 2 bets today. Winday 40/1 and Emilia Earheart 18/1 each way, just been and put the winnings amount on him on the nose at 12s. Didn't really want to back him at that price but he seems to only be going one way. 'Q' will probably tell me I have been a prat and he will probably be proven right but sod it. Had to get him in somewhere 😄 Attempted a roll up with Daryz with the rest as my big ticket on Maltese Cross looks to have been murdered with the draw 🤮😭

….the 8-1 any race could increasingly be the way to go.
 
Yeah I’ve only got him backed for the champion hurdle as I assumed Willie would keep him hurdling for another season due to his injury and age but the market is saying otherwise.
 
….the 8-1 any race could increasingly be the way to go.
I thought 12/1 was skinny 😂 at least this way, if he goes Champion Hurdle I can get him rolled up before the winter but I would rather not waste darts like I have potentially done tonight but it was a freebie so the damage is practically non existent 😂 I will keep telling myself that. If the 8/1 is available for a roll up, you could have been right to be fair Eggs
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs
The 8/1 is only going to be value and only slight value if he gos chasing. If they announce hurdling he’ll be way bigger than 8/1. Might as well wait for an announcement now I’ve missed the prices anyway.
 
Fou De Toi jumped well yesterday and Mullins is getting plenty of experience into the horse early, shades of Put The Kettle On possibly….
 
Fou De Toi jumped well yesterday and Mullins is getting plenty of experience into the horse early, shades of Put The Kettle On possibly….

More of a Grand National type than a Supreme type as it turns out
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Istabraq
The 8/1 is only going to be value and only slight value if he gos chasing. If they announce hurdling he’ll be way bigger than 8/1. Might as well wait for an announcement now I’ve missed the prices anyway.

Not sure he's be way bigger to be honest. A dreadful division really isn't it. He'd have to go straight in as third favourite.

Although I won't be taking the 8s. And haven't backed him for either race.

Always tough for 5 year olds in both races and one that's missed the key festivals as a 4yo likely make it even harder imo. For all Espoir D'allen did similar.
 
Not sure he's be way bigger to be honest. A dreadful division really isn't it. He'd have to go straight in as third favourite.

Although I won't be taking the 8s. And haven't backed him for either race.

Always tough for 5 year olds in both races and one that's missed the key festivals as a 4yo likely make it even harder imo. For all Espoir D'allen did similar.
I agree, but doesn’t appear to be a deep division at present, and could easily be willies best chance and a very short price after DRF
 
Dave Casey via Boyles sport is putting the Arkle forward as a potential target for King Rasko Grey. The last I read they were targeting the champ hurdle but I think the Arkle is a better shout for him and 18/1 is a fair price! The Arkle is shaping up to be the race of the week!
 
Dave Casey via Boyles sport is putting the Arkle forward as a potential target for King Rasko Grey. The last I read they were targeting the champ hurdle but I think the Arkle is a better shout for him and 18/1 is a fair price! The Arkle is shaping up to be the race of the week!
If he is chasing, surely he steps up. I am wary of David Casey. He is one of those who deliberately puts you off the scent like Danny Mullins. If he is being truthful though then i agree 18/1 is a great price.
 
If he is chasing, surely he steps up. I am wary of David Casey. He is one of those who deliberately puts you off the scent like Danny Mullins. If he is being truthful though then i agree 18/1 is a great price.
Makes sense as Willie normally starts them out over 2 doesn't he and only steps them up if they get beat or clearly looking like a step up will bring out more improvement. Price looks ok but he'll have a few others with the Arkle as a potential target.