• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2024 Ryanair Chase

Does anyone else think Classic Getaway might be worth a punt at 33/1 in this before he runs today ?
 
Noticed this myself yesterday my cash out had reduced with the price drift! Hopefully all is ok. Prob too late now to cash without taking a hit as I'm sure PP will suspend ante post bets soon!

14/1 NRMB with Hills for anyone that fancies him.
 
Looks like Paul made the mistake running Stage Star today off that weight in that ground and I expect he'll come out and say as much.

His initial plan was to potentially go straight to the Ryanair, which I bet he's wishing he did now.
 
Looks like Paul made the mistake running Stage Star today off that weight in that ground and I expect he'll come out and say as much.

His initial plan was to potentially go straight to the Ryanair, which I bet he's wishing he did now.

Awful decision to run him today, wasn't it ? I spent this morning hoping he would be withdrawn.
 
Plenty of time to Freshen him up though guys. Hell be fine.
 
Aye, wouldn't be over concerned it'll have any impact for the Ryanair. And I quite like to see trainers stick highly rated horses into handicaps. So I won't be knocking it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lobos
Never seemed too happy. Jumping wasn't as good as usual. Was it because he didn't get his own way up front or the ground? Beat too early for it to be the weight. They'll make sure he doesn't get a soft lead in the Ryanair and see if that puts pressure on his jumping.
 
Never seemed too happy. Jumping wasn't as good as usual. Was it because he didn't get his own way up front or the ground? Beat too early for it to be the weight. They'll make sure he doesn't get a soft lead in the Ryanair and see if that puts pressure on his jumping.

Not ideal was it, could be a burn up between him and Allaho in the ryanair and could end up setting it up for a horse like envoi who will happily sit in behind. Appreciate It another that looks better when ridden prominently so 1 more to be right up there pace wise.
 
I've only got stage star backed for this but think I'll add envoi, been contemplating it for a while and today has probably convinced me to press the button.
 
Envoi has been too big for this all season. 20's was just an insult.
 
  • Like
Reactions: opatcho
Aye, wouldn't be over concerned it'll have any impact for the Ryanair. And I quite like to see trainers stick highly rated horses into handicaps. So I won't be knocking it.

I agree except when the going is Heavy and 12 stone feels like 15 stone. In my opinion he never had a chance today. Giving away 2 stone in Heavy going to most of the Field he never had a hope of winning. Just hope he hasn't done any damage both physically or mentally. And yes I am heavily invested at 16/1. :):):)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ice
I keep thinking about this with Edwardstone. Been over priced for a while given they have said they'll step him up in trip.

Good place claims for sure at the prices
 
I'm hoping for more than a place - virtually all my bets on him are win only!:glee:

Not without a chance FM. Allaho is a stupid price as he's clearly regressed a fair bit. Stage Star today has raised eyebrows. Envoi has done nothing wrong but is potentially the wrong age. All to play for.
 
  • Like
Reactions: opatcho
I agree except when the going is Heavy and 12 stone feels like 15 stone. In my opinion he never had a chance today. Giving away 2 stone in Heavy going to most of the Field he never had a hope of winning. Just hope he hasn't done any damage both physically or mentally. And yes I am heavily invested at 16/1. :):):)

Totally agree with this, it was the heavy ground that was making me want to see him withdrawn, was a massive ask today.
 
Not without a chance FM. Allaho is a stupid price as he's clearly regressed a fair bit. Stage Star today has raised eyebrows. Envoi has done nothing wrong but is potentially the wrong age. All to play for.

That king george run was the best run of allahos career pre January.

Most of his form before the turn of the year has been lacklustre and modest for some reason. He doesn't jump or travel as well as he can, then comes alive in the spring.

So not one to give up on just yet. And a good few horses have got beat in the king george and gone on to win at Cheltenham

Though he is far too short now
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fouroverthrutwo