• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2024 Ryanair Chase

…is that right, Q. 50-1 when I posted last night, into 40-1 now as far as I can see. 18-1 into 12-1 KG/Ry.

Was 66-1 at 15-09 this afternoon cos I backed it :highly_amused:
I went to look at the 18-1 Ryanair people were mentioning and that was 12-1 so went for the Gold cup one after a bit of thought.:encouragement:

They'll have cut it as if he does run in the KG it's hard not to see him go off as Fav, and should he win then he has to go single figures Gold cup, at least until post race interviews where Mullins or someone else may immediately kibosh that thought.
So you're looking at 9/4 ish rolling on to around 8-1ish.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs
Dynaste
Cue Card
Vautour
Envoi Allen

All ran (and we’re beat) in the King George and then went onto win the Ryanair 3 months later.

Bar Allaho winning emphatically (which would open up the question of GC) I’d say it has little downside for his Ryanair chances. And the KG has become a decent race for Ryanair horses, of course partly because of the lack of middle distance open chases.

Fingers crossed he actually lines up in the race.
I’d absolutely love to see him win it and then go for the big one. Though I can’t help but feel it’s a year too late when it comes to him winning a Gold Cup

I remember discussing the Ryanair - King George link a couple of years back.
Lots of form links between the 2.
 
Was 66-1 at 15-09 this afternoon cos I backed it :highly_amused:
I went to look at the 18-1 Ryanair people were mentioning and that was 12-1 so went for the Gold cup one after a bit of thought.:encouragement:

They'll have cut it as if he does run in the KG it's hard not to see him go off as Fav, and should he win then he has to go single figures Gold cup, at least until post race interviews where Mullins or someone else may immediately kibosh that thought.
So you're looking at 9/4 ish rolling on to around 8-1ish.

….interesting. 33-1 in general for GC, a bit of red with a couple pushing him out to 40-1.
 
….interesting. 33-1 in general for GC, a bit of red with a couple pushing him out to 40-1.

I put half a point on.
As I think it's risky he turns up in the KG.
He's no certainty to win if they all line up.
And even if he does both of the above, he's still odds on to go Ryanair IMO.
So 66-1 was ok IMO.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs
I just can't have the winner of the KG for the GC, they're far too different a race in my opinion to be a value roll up. Happy to see that trend blown away if boss Allaho were to turn up to both but I can't see it. Can see the historical link between the KG and the Ryanair so there was some value there at 18's
 
I just can't have the winner of the KG for the GC, they're far too different a race in my opinion to be a value roll up. Happy to see that trend blown away if boss Allaho were to turn up to both but I can't see it. Can see the historical link between the KG and the Ryanair so there was some value there at 18's

…or the 20s a day or so ago with PP. There’s often an assumption that PP have an insight into Irish stables but I assume they didn’t think he was going to travel.
 
…or the 20s a day or so ago with PP. There’s often an assumption that PP have an insight into Irish stables but I assume they didn’t think he was going to travel.

He might not yet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs
I don't know much but I do know 10 year olds don't win Gold Cups nowadays.
 
I don't know much but I do know 10 year olds don't win Gold Cups nowadays.

.......or indeed Ryanair's

That knocks out Envoi as well which leaves Stage Star to win all. Simples:glee:
 
Last edited:
Same thing every year though, people mention the GC for Allaho when there is literally no chance he goes there regardless of the KG result.

They've made it clear every year they don't think that's his trip especially on that type of track and they are going to the Ryanair as thats the trip on that type of track that suits his style.
 
Envoi Allen and A Plus Tard on course for Savilles
 
Same thing every year though, people mention the GC for Allaho when there is literally no chance he goes there regardless of the KG result.

They've made it clear every year they don't think that's his trip especially on that type of track and they are going to the Ryanair as thats the trip on that type of track that suits his style.

People mention the King George for Allaho every year and he never runs in it as well...
 
People mention the King George for Allaho every year and he never runs in it as well...

Connections planned to actually go once which was last season, he was trained for it and he got injured so missed it.

The JD was too close to Christmas the year before which they said to go, was one or the other.
 
That is brilliant;


Nicholls has space hopper balls

Very refreshing isn't it. He just loves it around Cheltenham. Deserves to be Ryanair fav based on his PP GC win especially with Fugitiv massively franking the form at the weekend. He's a serious horse.
 
  • Like
Reactions: opatcho
Anyone heard anything re running plans for banbridge? Last I heard was the Peterborough which got cancelled, noticed pp pushed him out to 25s for this race, no big prices on the exchange available so guessing no injury or problems
 
Anyone heard anything re running plans for banbridge? Last I heard was the Peterborough which got cancelled, noticed pp pushed him out to 25s for this race, no big prices on the exchange available so guessing no injury or problems

Noticed this myself yesterday my cash out had reduced with the price drift! Hopefully all is ok. Prob too late now to cash without taking a hit as I'm sure PP will suspend ante post bets soon!