• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2023 Novice Hurdlers

The English have to try anything to snatch some advantage !!
 
I'd like to see the percentages of fallers in uk pre white boards to post white boards alongside the figures for Ireland,novices & open class.
I'd be amazed if over a sample size of lets say 5 seasons the figures weren;t near identical.
 
I'd like to see the percentages of fallers in uk pre white boards to post white boards alongside the figures for Ireland,novices & open class.
I'd be amazed if over a sample size of lets say 5 seasons the figures weren;t near identical.

Bit of a no win situation really. If you commission a report and then ignore the findings, the first time that something falls because 'they didn't see the fence', the excrement will hit the ventilator.

A couple of years ago, when there was a low sun problem and multiple hurdles were being missed out, everyone was bitching about it. When Shewearsitwell fell at Leopardstown, the stewards got it in the neck because there were claims that the fall was caused by a shadow and that the hurdle should have been omitted.

The law of sod in all its glory.
 
  • Like
Reactions: EnvoiAlien
Nathaniel Lacey Forfeit Stage Entry's:

Absolute Notions
American Mike
Cool Survivor
Deep Cave
Good Land
Grangeclare West
Quais De Paris
Sandor Clegane
Weveallbeencaught

Tattersalls Ireland Novice H'dle Entery's

American Mike
Dark Raven
Facile Vega
Gaelic Warrior
High Definition
Il Etait Temps
Inthepocket
Irish Point
No Looking Back
 
Nathaniel Lacey Forfeit Stage Entry's:

Absolute Notions
American Mike
Cool Survivor
Deep Cave
Good Land
Grangeclare West
Quais De Paris
Sandor Clegane
Weveallbeencaught

Tattersalls Ireland Novice H'dle Entery's

American Mike
Dark Raven
Facile Vega
Gaelic Warrior
High Definition
Il Etait Temps
Inthepocket
Irish Point
No Looking Back

That Nathaniel Lacy looks like a proper good race
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs
Hoping for redemption from one of American mike or grangeclare west

I’m hoping for Quais De Paris to shape well and then go on the the Bartlett. Might be one that you could get a triple figure price in ‘win today and at the festival’ markets
 
I’m hoping for Quais De Paris to shape well and then go on the the Bartlett. Might be one that you could get a triple figure price in ‘win today and at the festival’ markets

Unibet are stand out 50s for the AB - I've been hovering over that for the last hour as he's slightly shorter on the exchanges.
 
Price wise has apparently put up Gaelic Warrior for the Ballymore. It's over lads
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lobos
Really pleased to see authorised speed not declared for the 2mile novice hurdle at chepstow friday.
There's a 2m3 1/2 f novice at ascot on their ascot chase card that I'd really like him to be entered in.
I know he was a no show in the tolworth, but i've still got a feeling he could be a player in the ballymore.