• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2023 Novice Hurdlers

Same race as the nice guy took in before going onto the bartlett isnt it? I think Seabank Bistro at 66s could be worth a go. Form with corbetts cross in there.

Looks an absolute boat hopefully onto the AB now to get another one on the team sheet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eudipe
Noticed Corbetts Cross is now with Emmett Mullins.
Seems a bit unfair on O'sullivan and maxine unless he was happy with it.

Is it no more than getting your horses broken in by one yard/training outfit and then passing it on to the main racing trainer? Think we've seen the Crawfords also being used in that capacity? I could be wrong, but that how it appears to be, and importantly, all planned/amiable. Those here with a more direct experience of training methods may want to clarify that.
 
Is it no more than getting your horses broken in by one yard/training outfit and then passing it on to the main racing trainer? Think we've seen the Crawfords also being used in that capacity? I could be wrong, but that how it appears to be, and importantly, all planned/amiable. Those here with a more direct experience of training methods may want to clarify that.

Yeah I don't know the circumstances, and it may be amicable enough or even predetermined, but for a small yard and conditional jockey it seems unfair - if not.
She may keep the ride yet.
 
Yeah I don't know the circumstances, and it may be amicable enough or even predetermined, but for a small yard and conditional jockey it seems unfair - if not.
She may keep the ride yet.

They mentioned before the last race that he’d stay in training with O’Sullivan for his hurdles career. So that does seem a bit odd.
 
Present Soldier was never ever put into it. Looked to stay on towards the end but the writing was already on the wall. I suspect he's being looked after a bit.

Out late for his first run and lack of market support. I think they'll just be getting experience into him this season in lower grade races for a proper novice hurdle campaign next season.

Or he's just shit like the others seem to be from that PTP (although I'll still give Arctic Bresil another chance on better ground).
 
Out late for his first run and lack of market support. I think they'll just be getting experience into him this season in lower grade races for a proper novice hurdle campaign next season.

Or he's just shit like the others seem to be from that PTP (although I'll still give Arctic Bresil another chance on better ground).

I am siding with the former, I know Gerri Colombe was looked after last season with a view to his chasing career. Still lots of work ahead but so far looks a sensible play from Gordon.
 
Sir Argus - Some engine, but what a horrible jumper. Big at them all. Rarely lands running. Then walks through the last. Doubt he goes to the festival after that.
 
Sir Argus - Some engine, but what a horrible jumper. Big at them all. Rarely lands running. Then walks through the last. Doubt he goes to the festival after that.

I don't think my heart would stand backing him again:miserable:
 
Haxo could be one for a handicap.
 
Heart skipped a beat at the end there as a Sa Fureur win and La Malmason w/o fave backer, but I’m really intrigued by the latter moving forwards. Looks to have plenty of ability.
 
Is there any reason Cheltenham have made a move to white on jumps and hurdles?

Ruby said so they could see the obstacles better, but he looked amused while he was saying it, and AP said it was ridiculous. It certainly didn't help Sir Argus.
 
They've been white for a year now on most courses they began phasing it in from March last year.
Been white at Cheltenham all season.
 
In France you do train your horses when jumping fences that the fences with white boards you clear,fences with black boards you go through the birch but considering here they're saying the colour changes are so the horse can recognise an obsticle easier (or not,Totally dependant on how your horse has run obviously) is just more nonsense from some egg in an office somewhere who's stealing a living.

Edit- when I say "egg" its in the manner of Jamie Holepunch,if you don't know Jamie just google him.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Eudipe
https://www.irishracing.com/news/Twiston-Davies-novice-set-for-DRF/238149

Refreshing that they're looking like running we'veallbeencaught at the weekend.

Good for my related double, but also for racing and us backers as it may give us some sort of gauge.
Imagine if he won ?
Hermes Allen doubters would shit their knickers.

Probably not though, so will likely show the UK hurdlers for what they are ( a tad below maybe ?)
But at least it'll be some sort of clue.
 
They've been white for a year now on most courses they began phasing it in from March last year.
Been white at Cheltenham all season.

Not on Irish courses though is that right??
 
Not on Irish courses though is that right??

Correct, to be honest if they're not looking at the top of the fence then they're fucked anyway.

The paint is only to let them know theirs a jump coming up.

apparently horses see things in a blueish colour and the old orange colours looked a bit green to them. So don't stand out as much as white, especially in poor light.
Science !