• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2023 Novice Hurdlers

Dark Raven declared in the 5 year old maiden on Boxing Day. Not sure who is jocked up yet.
 
Probably depends on the going, often pretty desperate ground for the Tolworth, can be tough for a novice

Thats true, the Sandown hurdles course looks the biggest, uggliest climb in racing (now Towcester is shut) when the winter soft ground sets in.
 
Would it be worth getting a price on Parmenion for the County?

He’s never ran over hurdles so would say very unlikely! State man had a run in France prior to his fall in the same race, I wouldn’t view that maiden as a ‘county’ race for WPM. Pretty sure he always has a well thought of horse run in it.
 
Do you think he will race 4 times over hurdles before now and Cheltenham?

I posted the same on Twitter when I saw someone request a price for the County. No chance they can get four runs in and manufacture the right mark for him.
 
Have had to have a top up on Kalanisi Star for the Albert Bartlett now he’s declared for Limerick on the 27th. A few firms still offering 33/1, that could look good value in a few days!
 
  • Like
Reactions: DenmanSacre
Have had to have a top up on Kalanisi Star for the Albert Bartlett now he’s declared for Limerick on the 27th. A few firms still offering 33/1, that could look good value in a few days!

Interesting shout this as not one on my radar currently.

You expecting him to be among the favs at Limerick? Few with better known connections so could be one for a decent win today and AB price?
 
Interesting shout this as not one on my radar currently.

You expecting him to be among the favs at Limerick? Few with better known connections so could be one for a decent win today and AB price?

Yeah I’d be delighted if he was priced up at around 3/1 for the Limerick race, as you say Gordon’s & Henry’s may hold up the market!

I mentioned previously the race has been a great trial for the Albert Bartlett down the years so hopefully KS shows his credentials.
 
Yeah I’d be delighted if he was priced up at around 3/1 for the Limerick race, as you say Gordon’s & Henry’s may hold up the market!

I mentioned previously the race has been a great trial for the Albert Bartlett down the years so hopefully KS shows his credentials.

The jaguar looks a god one for the win today market
hopefully they price the 3 main ones up
 
I've seen Irish point has been taken out of Facile Vega's race, shame.

Any news on if Gaelic Warrior is a likely runner in the Gardens Hurdle?
 
I've seen Irish point has been taken out of Facile Vega's race, shame.

Any news on if Gaelic Warrior is a likely runner in the Gardens Hurdle?

Can't imagine theyll be running him there, will be Vauban.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CJW
I see HMS high definition is going to set sail in the first at Leopardstown

I imagine he will be rather confused that someones put these obstacles in his way
 
I've seen Irish point has been taken out of Facile Vega's race, shame.

Any news on if Gaelic Warrior is a likely runner in the Gardens Hurdle?

Both to meet at Naas?
 
Anyone tipped up Marine Nationale today? Blue across the boards.
 
Anyone tipped up Marine Nationale today? Blue across the boards.

A tipster I follow via email tipped him up this morning, could be that as I think he does have quite a decent following.
 
I watched road to Cheltenham earlier, I have to say, I got the feeling that Facile Vega could/will be everything WPM and the yard think he’ll be.

Lydia tried to pose the question about his antepost price etc, which is correct, is shocking, but ruby seemed very quiet but bullish about it.

The Grade 1 at Xmas may not show us much but I think the yard confidence behind Facile Vega is clear to see. None of us are taking evens now for the Supreme but it could look a silly price in a couple months times.