• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2023 Antepost Flat Racing

Took some 10.5 off the exchange for Vadeni in the Prince of Wales

Today was just a prep for him will come on plenty for the run and it's the stated target

Helps he is very ground versatile for ante post too
 
Sounds like Weld is leaning towards Newmarket with Tahiyra which is a tip in itself.

"The plan at the moment is to run at Newmarket on Sunday. We will make a final decision in the middle of the week but at this present moment I am happy for her to take her chance on Sunday."

7/2 still available.
 
  • Like
Reactions: FinalFurlong91
Absolute stinker of a draw for Forte in the KY Derby, cheers to whoever put up mage at 25s i think it was nicely drawn in 8
 
Sounds like Weld is leaning towards Newmarket with Tahiyra which is a tip in itself.

"The plan at the moment is to run at Newmarket on Sunday. We will make a final decision in the middle of the week but at this present moment I am happy for her to take her chance on Sunday."

7/2 still available.

Top priced 5/2 now. Probably on the back of those quotes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Monty's Pass
Anyone want to put me off My Prospero on Friday?
 
Absolute stinker of a draw for Forte in the KY Derby, cheers to whoever put up mage at 25s i think it was nicely drawn in 8

Given his run style Zach, I didn’t think 15 was too bad… much rather be there than on the inside… Angel of Empire is the danger to Forte imo… drawn next door to him
 
  • Like
Reactions: parimutuel
Given his run style Zach, I didn’t think 15 was too bad… much rather be there than on the inside… Angel of Empire is the danger to Forte imo… drawn next door to him

I suppose thats true, I just get turned off when there's a wide draw on dirt but then again rich strike won from 21 or whatever it was last year
 
Aye, lame apparently today. Shame.

Commonwealth cup trial got few interesting enough types in today. Can't find a bet mind. :welcoming:
 
Last edited:
Shame about Electric Eyes coming out as I'd backed her at 66/1, but in what I thought was an open Guineas, it seems that Tahiyra at 9/4 is now the bet.
 
Still waiting on the new Tahiyra actually goes Irish guineas but I'd love a run for my money at 25/1
 
  • Like
Reactions: parimutuel
Goodnight Olive and Cody's Wish double may be of use for some roll ups, using it for gaelic warrior stayers personally
 
  • Like
Reactions: parimutuel
Goodnight Olive and Cody's Wish double may be of use for some roll ups, using it for gaelic warrior stayers personally

I can't see the 4/6 odds for Goodnight Olive lasting much longer.

I've doubled her up with Coolangatta for the King's Stand
 
Looking at the Kentucky Derby odds after the draw
REINCARNATE @ 40/1-50/1 looks way too big.
Not the number one choice for Bob Baffert but he's been working nicely, drawn well, never been out of the top 3 and has the experience of Johnny V in the saddle. I've backed him now e/w but if that price doesn't drop I'll go for the extra places.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Monty's Pass
Looking at the Kentucky Derby odds after the draw
REINCARNATE @ 40/1-50/1 looks way too big.
Not the number one choice for Bob Baffert but he's been working nicely, drawn well, never been out of the top 3 and has the experience of Johnny V in the saddle. I've backed him now e/w but if that price doesn't drop I'll go for the extra places.

Agree, definite ew play at those odds, backed him after the post draw. I'll use him in some combination tricasts as well. There's still some great ew prices out there.
 
  • Like
Reactions: parimutuel
Had a small each way punt on Circle of Fire @ 50-1 ., and Salt Bay @ 33-1 . for the Derby .
Ahead of them running Friday - 1-15 at Newmarket. .
**edit .. and Waipiro @ 33-1 ..... non runner today **
 
Last edited: