• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2021 Arkle Novices Chase

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 4957
  • Start date Start date
Got to be impressed (bar the odd scary jump) with Allmankind.
the runner up was ridden to win and he's given him 3lb and a decent beating.
I don't really think Cheltenham will suit him but he's another novice worthy of a 160 rating on that.
 
Allmankind unchanged in price?

Surely Sky Pirate goes back into handicap company?
 
...plenty of Oddschecker blue for Allmankind, looks a best priced 8-1 now.
 
I can't see Energumene or Shishkin having much to worry about. Energumene will pick it up from him just after the bend with Shishkin closely behind him. Allmankind will then get picked off for 3rd shortly before the line by someone else imo.

That's assuming Allmankind doesn't fall which given the way he goes through several fences isn't exactly an unlikely scenario.
 
You can't take away the manner of victory from Allmankind there but ultimately Warwick (Kempton is another) is probably about as perfect a track for him as any. Flat, pretty much with the emphasis on speed, which he has and crucially he can jump, although the odd mistake today. He's now been to the track 3 times and absolutely dotted up on each occasion.

I wait in anticipation to see how Allmankinds style of running affects Energumene, if at all.
 
A front runner will always produce larger margins of victory than a hold up horse. AMK will eat these small fields up but I would wonder how he will cope with Energumene being right there next to him the whole way round. Didn’t work out in the Triumph
 
I wasn't overly convinced by Allmankind's jumping there, he was a bit scruffy at a few before that error at the 2nd last, but he's still got an impressive engine - I suspect that he'll have to put in a pretty faultless round of jumping to keep tabs on the two leading players come March.
 
"Raced keenly, led, driven and headed off bend between last 2, soon no chance with leader, left 2nd at last, rallied and drifted right to challenge run-in, outpaced by winner final 75yds, no extra and lost one place towards finish"

RP summary of Allmankind in the Triumph. Easy to see the Arkle being exactly the same story.
 
I can't see Energumene or Shishkin having much to worry about.

This is the issue if looking to back Allmankind, can anyone really see him finishing in front of the two superstars ?
If no then you're betting for one place, and not making much at the prices.

I know the owner has backed him at 33s and thinks the horse is a star but when he did that/said that he won't have been aware of how good the front two are...
 
I think I like Captain Guinness in the without at 12/1 NRNB as an each way bet.

In the same market

Energumene is 4/6
Allmankind is 3/1


Then again, keeps hitting the deck!
 
I think I like Captain Guinness in the without at 12/1 NRNB as an each way bet.

In the same market

Energumene is 4/6
Allmankind is 3/1


Then again, keeps hitting the deck!

If you can get that each way I agree Kev, I know Sky don't allow each way on this market, I assume you're 12/1 is Paddys ?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kevloaf
Be interesting what rating Allmankind does get after that and whether the handicapper may have to reduce Sky Pirate a couple.

With the UK and Irish handicapper's playing silly buggers over the other 2's ratings this makes it hard to rate today's performance as by rights it was worthy of 165+

giving 3lbs an a 17l beating to a 152 horse with solid handicap form. In a good time.
 
If you can get that each way I agree Kev, I know Sky don't allow each way on this market, I assume you're 12/1 is Paddys ?

Yeah that's right, I'll back it now before it crumbles :highly_amused:

Be interesting what rating Allmankind does get after that and whether the handicapper may have to reduce Sky Pirate a couple.

With the UK and Irish handicapper's playing silly buggers over the other 2's ratings this makes it hard to rate today's performance as by rights it was worthy of 165+

giving 3lbs an a 17l beating to a 152 horse with solid handicap form. In a good time.

Probably end up with a couple of 170's in the Arkle :concern:
 
I think I like Captain Guinness in the without at 12/1 NRNB as an each way bet.

Then again, keeps hitting the deck!

Surely that's harsh. He's only fallen one time in his career which being his most recent run is not ideal for Cheltenham.
 
This is the issue if looking to back Allmankind, can anyone really see him finishing in front of the two superstars ?
If no then you're betting for one place, and not making much at the prices.

I know the owner has backed him at 33s and thinks the horse is a star but when he did that/said that he won't have been aware of how good the front two are...

Yeah I would personally place lay him. I give Captain Guinness a better chance of getting closer to the top two and would even fancy Darver Star to pick him up on the run in.
 
Surely that's harsh. He's only fallen one time in his career which being his most recent run is not ideal for Cheltenham.

Worded slightly wrong, but PU, BD and F are 3 of his last 5 figures....

I've backed it though, thought 12/1 NRNB e/w is fair enough in what might be a tiny lil field.
 
For the ppl who have backed energumene does the presence of allmankind in the race give you a slight doubt seen as tho energumene has never had a horse infront of him or even eyeballed him in any race over jumps?
 
For the ppl who have backed energumene does the presence of allmankind in the race give you a slight doubt seen as tho energumene has never had a horse infront of him or even eyeballed him in any race over jumps?

Had a very similar discussion earlier with a group of friends - Enurgemene has made all in every race to date but I don’t think he’s one who’s tearing away off the front. I actually think you’ll see AMK be given an easy lead, with Shishkin sat on the tail of Enurgemene