• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2021 Arkle Novices Chase

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 4957
  • Start date Start date
YOUVE SAID THIS A MILLION TIMES!

JUST LIKE THE 550/1!!

You are actively making me feel a dislike towards the greatest horse in training because of your username!

Don't clog up 12 hours later :highly_amused:
  • Go your profile at the top (click your username), select "User Settings" from the drop down.
  • Pick the "Account" tab
  • Scroll to the bottom and add the username of anyone you want to ignore.
  • Save the page
  • :encouragement:
 
The more I watch energ at the Dublin festival the better it gets. I have missed the boat with him now price wise and like many am heavily invested with shiskin in doubles etc but for a novice to run faster sections than the odds on GMCC fav is crazy and he will only improve again imo

:apologetic:
 
The more I watch energ at the Dublin festival the better it gets. I have missed the boat with him now price wise and like many am heavily invested with shiskin in doubles etc but for a novice to run faster sections than the odds on GMCC fav is crazy and he will only improve again imo

:apologetic:

Your first post said you look to take on favs.... you then went on to say you think Appreciate It is a banker.


Second race of the meeting, and despite fancying the second fav, you are heavily invested in Shishkin?



:rolleyes: You could have worded your first post better perhaps :biggrin-new:
 
Your first post said you look to take on favs.... you then went on to say you think Appreciate It is a banker.


Second race of the meeting, and despite fancying the second fav, you are heavily invested in Shishkin?



:rolleyes: You could have worded your first post better perhaps :biggrin-new:

I do like to take on favourites of course but I'm not stupid enough to not back something if I think its bomb proof, what sense would that make???

For me appreciate it is the only favourite I have backed heavily as I think he is a banker and only an idiot wouldnt until a month ago have shiskin in doubles, trebled etc
 
I think you just called me an idiot. :abnormal:

:eagerness:
Shishkins price has always been ahead of the bridle, inviting punters to look for value. I think 4/1 at the start of the season before jumping a fence? These aren’t the horses I find myself lumping into multiples in December or January.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kevloaf
I Have watched the energ race a few times and he does jump right a few times, that has to be a slight concern. I think the ground on the day may also have a big part to play. On good to soft shishkins claims enhance massively IMO , shiskin viasully just looks electric where as energ has the power house native river style, I think on good to soft or even soft shsihkin will be too classy at the trip.. I just remember the first fence shsihkin jumped (at a racecourse), I think the whole racing world just went 'oh hello' ... I think people are forgetting just the class shishkin looks to posses. I can see a tone of irish money coming on the day for energ and a drift on shiskin , It will be like the supreme all over again!
 
Last edited:
The more I watch energ at the Dublin festival the better it gets. I have missed the boat with him now price wise and like many am heavily invested with shiskin in doubles etc but for a novice to run faster sections than the odds on GMCC fav is crazy and he will only improve again imo

:apologetic:

Maybe its just me and my thrill for adrenaline but an English novice that is hopefully going to serve it up to the best Irish novice over the trip, would make victory even sweeter. Ok a few more little worries and doubt but its great for the sport and ultimately, its what horse racing exists for. I still believe Shishkin is the better horse from what we have seen in raw ability, I just hope he can turn up on the day and that hendo isn't getting too cold on the gallops and opting for hot chocolate and bourbons instead of some serious training!

Why be worried , it sounds like you may have over staked, just sit back and enjoy it, profit is the bonus, hopefully the stake is written off. Perhaps lay some off?

Just picture that seamless leap 4 out at the top of the bend when shishkin goes through allmankind and Energ like a hot knife through butter and kicks on up that hill !
 
Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djqpvte-1JE

6 mins 35 secons.. Energ time was not quicker than chachans

I was going to mention this but thought I was being a complete tool :glee:

CPS was 1.3 quicker than Energumene according to Simon Rowlands timings. Think Energumene set off faster but CPS made up the time from 3 out sure it’s was.
 
I was going to mention this but thought I was being a complete tool :glee:

CPS was 1.3 quicker than Energumene according to Simon Rowlands timings. Think Energumene set off faster but CPS made up the time from 3 out sure it’s was.

Ill take the honors:angel:
I feel that info was worth sharing because I remember shishkin beat the desert orchid time by a second or two, which was the grade 1 on that card. I guess Nube is not Chachan though, however a grade 1 none the less.

I do feel like nico is going to take Shishkin wide in the arkle which isnt ideal, especially if energ is jumping right :applouse:
I think allmankind will take the rail and energ will slot in behind and shiskin is going to have to run around them all.
personally, I can't see nico sitting him tight to the rail.. Shishkin ran something like 9 lengths further on his racing line than the 2nd place in Doncaster.

Jockeyship and ground is probably going to be the difference
 
Ill take the honors:angel:
I feel that info was worth sharing because I remember shishkin beat the desert orchid time by a second or two, which was the grade 1 on that card. I guess Nube is not Chachan though, however a grade 1 none the less.

I do feel like nico is going to take Shishkin wide in the arkle which isnt ideal, especially if energ is jumping right :applouse:
I think allmankind will take the rail and energ will slot in behind and shiskin is going to have to run around them all.
personally, I can't see nico sitting him tight to the rail.. Shishkin ran something like 9 lengths further on his racing line than the 2nd place in Doncaster.

Jockeyship and ground is probably going to be the difference

The Desert Orchid was a Grade 2.
 
Sky Pirate and Allmankind (3lb penalty) re-confirmed and declared for Warwick's rearranged meeting on Monday. Only 4 runners in the Grade 2 Kingmaker.
 
Ill take the honors:angel:
I feel that info was worth sharing because I remember shishkin beat the desert orchid time by a second or two, which was the grade 1 on that card. I guess Nube is not Chachan though, however a grade 1 none the less.

I do feel like nico is going to take Shishkin wide in the arkle which isnt ideal, especially if energ is jumping right :applouse:
I think allmankind will take the rail and energ will slot in behind and shiskin is going to have to run around them all.
personally, I can't see nico sitting him tight to the rail.. Shishkin ran something like 9 lengths further on his racing line than the 2nd place in Doncaster.

Jockeyship and ground is probably going to be the difference

I’m sure I read CPS was quicker from the first fence to the finish line by 1.3 seconds but Enurgemene was quicker overall? Anyways different races, different race strategies but a lot to like about both horses
 
Is Sky Pirate a good bet, at 10/1 NRNB, in the "without Shishkin" market, each way?

Runs tomorrow, 2nd fav against Allmankind (11/1 outright, 7/2 without NRNB)


If he runs tomorrow, and beats Allmankind, they almost certainly go for the Arkle, right?

If beaten, he's rated 2 lbs inferior, gets 3 lbs tomorrow, so there would be hardly any point at all in running him, if he can't beat Allmankind? So money back, no risk?



What price does he go if he wins in the without market. Enegumene won't be getting replaced as 2nd fav, but would he be a nice each way bet to finish 'effectively' in the top 4, small profit if he does? Small field likely?

Does he have any chance of beating Energumene? Is it worthwhile?
 
Is Sky Pirate a good bet, at 10/1 NRNB, in the "without Shishkin" market, each way?

Runs tomorrow, 2nd fav against Allmankind (11/1 outright, 7/2 without NRNB)


If he runs tomorrow, and beats Allmankind, they almost certainly go for the Arkle, right?

If beaten, he's rated 2 lbs inferior, gets 3 lbs tomorrow, so there would be hardly any point at all in running him, if he can't beat Allmankind? So money back, no risk?



What price does he go if he wins in the without market. Enegumene won't be getting replaced as 2nd fav, but would he be a nice each way bet to finish 'effectively' in the top 4, small profit if he does? Small field likely?

Does he have any chance of beating Energumene? Is it worthwhile?

Then again, Sky Pirate only beat Amoola Gold 2l, getting 2lbs, so you'd imagine he just gets beat tomorrow!

Allmankind tomorrow with Sky Pirate in the Grand Annual perhaps?!

If he beats him well, drops a few lbs.... better chance in the GA?
 
Is Sky Pirate a good bet, at 10/1 NRNB, in the "without Shishkin" market, each way?

Runs tomorrow, 2nd fav against Allmankind (11/1 outright, 7/2 without NRNB)


If he runs tomorrow, and beats Allmankind, they almost certainly go for the Arkle, right?

If beaten, he's rated 2 lbs inferior, gets 3 lbs tomorrow, so there would be hardly any point at all in running him, if he can't beat Allmankind? So money back, no risk?



What price does he go if he wins in the without market. Enegumene won't be getting replaced as 2nd fav, but would he be a nice each way bet to finish 'effectively' in the top 4, small profit if he does? Small field likely?

Does he have any chance of beating Energumene? Is it worthwhile?

Sky Pirate has to win tomorrow to be involved in the Arkle, if he can’t beat Allmankind in a 4 horse race at Warwick then he won’t be placing in an Arkle. Sky Pirate has genuinely surprised this season, I gave up betting on him last season along with most Jonjo horses at the end of last season but either they’ve changed his feed or changed his horse box because he’s been brilliant this season. I’m hoping he does well tomorrow to pack out the field in the Arkle to allow 3 places so he’s still a good antepost e/w bet
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kevloaf
Money coming for Sky Pirate today, Allmankind still odds on. What do I want as a Grand Annual backer?
 
Is Sky Pirate a good bet, at 10/1 NRNB, in the "without Shishkin" market, each way?

Runs tomorrow, 2nd fav against Allmankind (11/1 outright, 7/2 without NRNB)


If he runs tomorrow, and beats Allmankind, they almost certainly go for the Arkle, right?

If beaten, he's rated 2 lbs inferior, gets 3 lbs tomorrow, so there would be hardly any point at all in running him, if he can't beat Allmankind? So money back, no risk?



What price does he go if he wins in the without market. Enegumene won't be getting replaced as 2nd fav, but would he be a nice each way bet to finish 'effectively' in the top 4, small profit if he does? Small field likely?

Does he have any chance of beating Energumene? Is it worthwhile?

Well someone obviously thought so, as it's now 6/1!
 
Money coming for Sky Pirate today, Allmankind still odds on. What do I want as a Grand Annual backer?

You probably want him to be lame in the next couple of hours! I've given up hope with my bet tbh BB.

I think he'll win today so going to cover the win today, placed in Arkle at 9/1.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Big Bucks