Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

Forum Horse Connections

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by qzy View Post
    All small shares....

    Jumps Paros
    qzy Any update you can share with us ?

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

      qzy Any update you can share with us ?
      Paros has an early closing entry in the Triumph Hurdle, but still has to show that he deserves to be there. That first run left him well short so wherever he goes for a run in February will have to be in a decent race - probably something like the Adonis.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by qzy View Post

        Paros has an early closing entry in the Triumph Hurdle, but still has to show that he deserves to be there. That first run left him well short so wherever he goes for a run in February will have to be in a decent race - probably something like the Adonis.
        OK thanks qzy, so nothing untoward came from the Sandown run, it could be that’s about his level ?

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

          OK thanks qzy, so nothing untoward came from the Sandown run, it could be that’s about his level ?
          A mixture of pulling like mad and very heavy ground on debut. He was also one of the first of Nicky's horses to pick up the bug going around the yard

          Comment


          • #65
            OK thanks, appreciate the response...

            Comment


            • #66
              Kim is going away without me this week - I can't remember whose idea it was. Oh, and Suprise Package is looking to add to his name again (plus an update on his condition after Fairyhouse) http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...ek-to-get-away

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                Kim is going away without me this week - I can't remember whose idea it was. Oh, and Suprise Package is looking to add to his name again (plus an update on his condition after Fairyhouse) http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...ek-to-get-away
                Thanks for the blog Paul - bits of blue for tomorrow (into 8s) so good luck. I’m on my own next week - thanks to schools going back.

                I’ll be up to drop my daughter at the tram, go to Salford Quays for a wander (mud free) get a coffee & the Racing Post before getting settled in for the day.

                Be lucky!

                Comment


                • #68
                  Leman14 Please can you tell a little more about how you became involved with some owners group horses, when the shares became available and how you decided which horses to invest in? Cheers.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Sprinter Sacre View Post
                    Leman14 Please can you tell a little more about how you became involved with some owners group horses, when the shares became available and how you decided which horses to invest in? Cheers.
                    Hi SS - of course

                    I first saw them on Twitter (so worth following them if you have access).
                    They release all "new" horses to current "owners" via email - but also advertise them on Twitter.

                    It is very ad-hoc when they become available. If they spot a horse that they are interested in (at the right price) - they will act.

                    As you will know, it will be very hit-and-miss.
                    I've got/had 5
                    Parody - now retired, but had a couple of wins
                    Pentland Hills - LEGEND!
                    Glynn - Showed initial promise - now having wind op
                    Stage Star - Potential solid novice hurdler for next season
                    Hacker des Places - Juvenile this season

                    As my year focusses purely around Cheltenham - I started to only go for horses trained by Henderson or Nicholls.

                    To be honest, I got lucky with Pentland Hills, but:
                    I selected Glynn on the basis that there were more shares available and the subscription price was a touch higher than usual (despite the extra shares). I worked out that they probably paid more than they usually do - so one to look out for??
                    I selected Stage Star on the basis that they were brutally honest that he probably wouldn't run for a year and that Nicholls would mind him with a view to being a potential chaser in the making. So far - it's been worth the wait (1 win, 1 second and should run in the Aintree Bumper)

                    Other than that - they do give a background on breeding etc.... so if you know about that kind of thing - that may also be useful.

                    YOU WON'T MAKE MONEY OUT OF IT - but that Friday at Cheltenham when me and some mates watched Pentland win the Triumph - Priceless!

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Leman14 View Post

                      Hi SS - of course

                      I first saw them on Twitter (so worth following them if you have access).
                      They release all "new" horses to current "owners" via email - but also advertise them on Twitter.

                      It is very ad-hoc when they become available. If they spot a horse that they are interested in (at the right price) - they will act.

                      As you will know, it will be very hit-and-miss.
                      I've got/had 5
                      Parody - now retired, but had a couple of wins
                      Pentland Hills - LEGEND!
                      Glynn - Showed initial promise - now having wind op
                      Stage Star - Potential solid novice hurdler for next season
                      Hacker des Places - Juvenile this season

                      As my year focusses purely around Cheltenham - I started to only go for horses trained by Henderson or Nicholls.

                      To be honest, I got lucky with Pentland Hills, but:
                      I selected Glynn on the basis that there were more shares available and the subscription price was a touch higher than usual (despite the extra shares). I worked out that they probably paid more than they usually do - so one to look out for??
                      I selected Stage Star on the basis that they were brutally honest that he probably wouldn't run for a year and that Nicholls would mind him with a view to being a potential chaser in the making. So far - it's been worth the wait (1 win, 1 second and should run in the Aintree Bumper)

                      Other than that - they do give a background on breeding etc.... so if you know about that kind of thing - that may also be useful.

                      YOU WON'T MAKE MONEY OUT OF IT - but that Friday at Cheltenham when me and some mates watched Pentland win the Triumph - Priceless!
                      Thanks for the detailed response. I've followed on Twitter, and I think if I ever became involved I would similarly focus on Cheltenham. Wouldn't be in it for the money either, so I think this could be a good approach.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Given that Nicholls recent Cheltenham record ain't great, I may just focus on Henderson - but that may also be flawed!!!
                        Shame they don't send any to Irish trainers..,....

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                          Given that Nicholls recent Cheltenham record ain't great, I may just focus on Henderson - but that may also be flawed!!!
                          Shame they don't send any to Irish trainers..,....
                          Maybe they will after last week!

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Leman14 View Post

                            Hi SS - of course

                            I first saw them on Twitter (so worth following them if you have access).
                            They release all "new" horses to current "owners" via email - but also advertise them on Twitter.

                            It is very ad-hoc when they become available. If they spot a horse that they are interested in (at the right price) - they will act.

                            As you will know, it will be very hit-and-miss.
                            I've got/had 5
                            Parody - now retired, but had a couple of wins
                            Pentland Hills - LEGEND!
                            Glynn - Showed initial promise - now having wind op
                            Stage Star - Potential solid novice hurdler for next season
                            Hacker des Places - Juvenile this season

                            As my year focusses purely around Cheltenham - I started to only go for horses trained by Henderson or Nicholls.

                            To be honest, I got lucky with Pentland Hills, but:
                            I selected Glynn on the basis that there were more shares available and the subscription price was a touch higher than usual (despite the extra shares). I worked out that they probably paid more than they usually do - so one to look out for??
                            I selected Stage Star on the basis that they were brutally honest that he probably wouldn't run for a year and that Nicholls would mind him with a view to being a potential chaser in the making. So far - it's been worth the wait (1 win, 1 second and should run in the Aintree Bumper)

                            Other than that - they do give a background on breeding etc.... so if you know about that kind of thing - that may also be useful.

                            YOU WON'T MAKE MONEY OUT OF IT - but that Friday at Cheltenham when me and some mates watched Pentland win the Triumph - Priceless!
                            Travelman and myself have a share each in Name of Fame , who's with Dan Skelton , and yes .... wer'e hoping to be at Cheltenham cheering him on someday.
                            and Travelman has a couple of others too with Owner's Group..

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Off to Fairyhouse on Sunday with Suprise Package http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...inning-trainer

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by BigChaang View Post

                                Travelman and myself have a share each in Name of Fame , who's with Dan Skelton , and yes .... wer'e hoping to be at Cheltenham cheering him on someday.
                                and Travelman has a couple of others too with Owner's Group..
                                I've got a share in that one too BC. Fingers crossed!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X