Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Punchestown Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Oh My God!
    That is the most incredible finish I've ever seen!
    What on EARTH happened from the last to the line!
    Cost me just under £600 cue the calls of justice refund.

Will be interesting to see what townend says . Had the race in the bag.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Wild ending!

With that and the deloitte(Sharjah and real steel) grade one novice races in Ireland aren’t to be missed!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        Cost me just under £600 cue the calls of justice refund.

Who were you on scoob?

I had Invitation Only but Monbeg Notorious finishes like a train to grab me some place money.

Comment

Alboum photo ew.
          And shattered love ew.

My only betting race of the day.

Comment

Unlucky lads, I genuinely feel gutted for you. Townend appears to have had an absolute brain freeze.

I've watched it 3 times and still can't work out what he was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Just the 1 race of financial interest for me tomorrow on an interesting card.

Alboum photo 5/1 1pt ew
              Iv always liked him hes a real fighter and can pull a race out the bag with sheer determination, hes priced fairly
              This is his trip IMO and with a clean round, which isn't a given and needs to be taken into consideration. he'd have every chance.

shattered love 2pts ew 7/1.
              She should be somewhere between 7/2 And 4/1 for this Imo. Jumps beautifully travels very well, ticks all the boxes. Very keen on her here. Shes Considerably over priced and has every chance.

And just the one Wednesday. JETZ 14/1 ew in the 3 mile novice He's a solid hardy horse, stays well. Needs holding right up with one late rattle. He will win a big one before long over 3m+ just needs riding accordingly. .

Faugheen stayers hurdle 9/1 ew nrnb.
              Can't let him go unbacked on what is likely to be his final start. He's not without a chance. He likes punchestown, the step up may help. If he still has the desire to win, it could be a memorable moment. I'll be wanting him to run well that's for sure. And hope he can do himself proud. There's no way he goes off at 9/1 that's for certain.
              Diddnt expect that.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                Unlucky lads, I genuinely feel gutted for you. Townend appears to have had an absolute brain freeze.

I've watched it 3 times and still can't work out what he was thinking.
                I think someone said something to him by where the ambulance was. As he reacted immediately by looking around before bypassing the fence.

Comment

I'm just staggered. I'm not watching now so any updates from connections will be appreciated.

Incredibly lucky for Elliott too...

Comment

I’ve watched and rewatched about 5 times and I just do not understand what Patrick is doing there??

Sits up has a little look around then veers off, I’ve seen some try and blame someone who was on the edge of the track, but for the life of me don’t understand why he sits up?

Comment

Just seen Townend has been hit with a 21 day ban

Comment

I'm starting to feel sorry for Townend. It was obviously a huge error but some of the vitriol on Twitter is taking it too far.

We all make mistakes, it's just that this was a rather big one!

Comment

I think he’s pulling him up, maybe thinks he’s gone wrong.

But, to my eyes, he’s cantering and would’ve hosed up.

Madness, but Townend not doing himself favours by refusing to speak to the media

Comment

If he’s pulling him up why does he then push him out when he veers rights!?

The only thing I can think is the person near the fence shouts they are bypassing the final fence and FO is quite right so thinks he’s going around it too. Townend is experienced enough to know that there is nobody waving a flag though

Comment

There will be plenty of theories of what's happened by to my eye ABP looks like he is veering/idling left as he heads towards the last. Paul overestimates the severity of this and pulls him right to correct his line and the horse overreacts and darts out to the right.

Comment

Ludicrous that people legitimately believe he was trying to throw the race. There are far easier ways!

Comment

Working...
                                X