Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
    Kealy had a right pop at this horses credentials earlier on postcast.
    He kind of had a point, at the prices at least.
    Only grabbed second but would have been really inconvenienced by the heavy ground, bought he was going to dot up as he sliced through the field

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
      Only grabbed second but would have been really inconvenienced by the heavy ground, bought he was going to dot up as he sliced through the field
      Yep, he travelled really nicely and thought he was the winner coming up the hill.
      145 + I reckon.

Comment

• 5pts 7/2 On Tour
        1-50 aintree tomorrow
        should be a lot shorter, maybe 6/4

Comment

• If I owned West Approach I would already be working back from the Ultima. Well handicapped but a bit of a hound.....

The type of horse I fall for all the time!

Comment

5pts 7/2 On Tour
            1-50 aintree tomorrow
            should be a lot shorter, maybe 6/4
            Does his win record worry you at all? Only thing putting me off but his Aintree form is rock solid - even his 5th in April was a far far better race than this. Mark is right down and he looked back on track at Chepstow

Really like the look of Imperial Alcazar in the first

O'Brien is in cracking form at the moment. Had 3 winners at Chelt today

Came 2nd in a good bumper at Ascot. Around a length back from Eden du Houx. Glancing Queen behind in 3rd. Enrilo also 4th who Nichols likes a lot.

3rd in next run but 2nd that day (Nobby) is a decent bumper horse himself and had Chelt bumper entry

Stayed on in all his bumper runs. Probably just lacked a bit of pace. 2m4 should really suit over hurdles

Paddy Brennan loves him too...

He showed a lot of promise in his three bumpers and he is a horse that I think an awful lot of. I love him. He is the horse that I am looking most forward to riding this season, as I think he has it all. The 2m4f trip with cut in the ground is just what he wants at the moment and, although this looks a very competitive maiden hurdle, I expect a big run.
            Also fancy Stoney Mountain. Won on the card last year over same distance. Think he's certainly better than 134.

Under 4L 2nd behind Beakstown (140) in January

3rd behind Lisnagar Oscar (141)

PU in albert bartlett

Think he's fairly decent

And going for Frodon to defy the weight. Though the fact a fair few of Nicholls horses have not quite finished off their races (Getaway Trump, Southfield Stone) would be a worry. He's used to running with that weight on his back and his Cheltenham handicap exploits over the last couple of years has showed him defy top weight.

Comment

• Today at Aintree - L.15 - ...1- Big bad bear - 12-40.- 3rd - 14-1.
              2- On tour - 1-50. - u/p.
              3- Kalashnikov - 3-00. - 2nd - 7-5.
              4- Plan of attack - 3-35. - 1st -8-1.
              Hope it goes better than Yesterdays effort from Chelts. !!., good luck if you are .
              Last edited by BigChaang; 27 October 2019, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                Does his win record worry you at all? Only thing putting me off but his Aintree form is rock solid - even his 5th in April was a far far better race than this. Mark is right down and he looked back on track at Chepstow

Really like the look of Imperial Alcazar in the first

O'Brien is in cracking form at the moment. Had 3 winners at Chelt today

Came 2nd in a good bumper at Ascot. Around a length back from Eden du Houx. Glancing Queen behind in 3rd. Enrilo also 4th who Nichols likes a lot.

3rd in next run but 2nd that day (Nobby) is a decent bumper horse himself and had Chelt bumper entry

Stayed on in all his bumper runs. Probably just lacked a bit of pace. 2m4 should really suit over hurdles

Paddy Brennan loves him too...

Also fancy Stoney Mountain. Won on the card last year over same distance. Think he's certainly better than 134.

Under 4L 2nd behind Beakstown (140) in January

3rd behind Lisnagar Oscar (141)

PU in albert bartlett

Think he's fairly decent

And going for Frodon to defy the weight. Though the fact a fair few of Nicholls horses have not quite finished off their races (Getaway Trump, Southfield Stone) would be a worry. He's used to running with that weight on his back and his Cheltenham handicap exploits over the last couple of years has showed him defy top weight.

Yes, he's not won as many recently but runs well here, and this is weaker race than some of his recent runs, in terms of potential improvers anyway. Burtons well would be a worry and i might have a point on him.
                6/4 was probably a bit short really, but i thought after a good recent run, off bottom weight at anitree that 7/2 was attractive.

Going with Kalashnikov myself, just usually prefer the improving types and he has to go close with the weight advantage if he's any good at all.

Never looked properly at first race yesterday, looks like value gone from fergal's

But did back Stoney Mountain at 7/2, and doubled with Kalashnikov also.

Good luck, apart from with Frodon obviously.

Comment

• Backed plan of attack also, just now
                  5-1.
                  Bromhead runner at aintree.
                  Must be reasonably handicapped off 132, based on Go another one, alone.

Comment

• Backed Stoney too, plenty of NRs lol.

Comment

• 12 40 CORRANY 9/1
                      13 15 SAME CIRCUS 40/1
                      1 50 BURTONS WELL 8/1
                      2 25 VOODOO DOLL 11/1

5 super ew bets at Aintree.

Comment

• Well done with Same circus E.T , No way i'd have picked that one out.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELEGANTLY TASTED View Post
                          12 40 CORRANY 9/1
                          13 15 SAME CIRCUS 40/1
                          1 50 BURTONS WELL 8/1
                          2 25 VOODOO DOLL 11/1

5 super ew bets at Aintree.
                          Not a bad afternoons work EE.

Jono with two winners as well.

Comment

• Stoney Mountain and White Hart Lady really impressed me today. Both look to have big futures.

Comment

Backed plan of attack also, just now
                              5-1.
                              Bromhead runner at aintree.
                              Must be reasonably handicapped off 132, based on Go another one, alone.
                              Q sneaks one in as well. Plenty of winners in the forum today!!

Comment

• Well done winners, and cheers Jono as followed you in on Imperial Alcazar, never in doubt up the run in ... haha

Comment

Working...
                                X