Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good article by pricewise on antepost betting in general and the 5 day declarations for weekend tv races.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
      https://www.racingpost.com/news/in-d...for-you/397370

good article by pricewise on antepost betting in general and the 5 day declarations for weekend tv races.
      Yeah enjoyed reading that.

Comment

• Darts thrown on all TV races today and like a few rags.

Hay 1.50 Alemagna 15/2 ew
        2.25 Sharja Bridge 5/2
        3.35 Time to Study 9/1 ew
        4.10 Hello Youmzain 6/1 ew

Asc 2.45 Rip Orf 9/2 and Kimifive 20/1 both ew
        3.55 Cirque Royal 100/30 ew

Kemp 3.15 Family Fortunes 20/1 ew

Several permed doubles/trebs/trix

Good luck all

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
          Wherever Khaadem finishes in Sprint Cup, Waldpfad should finish in front of him. Waldpfad beat him comfortably at Newbury on easy ground over 6f and is 6lbs better off today yet is over 3x the price of Khaadem????
          I've parted with 1.5 pts e/w at 12/1 (4 places) on Waldpfad. 4.10 Haydock

Without the facts to back it up, backing 'foreign' horses pays off more often than not, despite it being the worst kept secret that they're often under-estimated in the market.

Quiet day for me again though (although just about to start looking)...

Elysium Flame (9/1 with PP - 4 places) 1.5 pts ew - 1.50 Haydock

Here Comes When - 3 places with 365 at 5/1 - 1.5 pts e/w - 2.25 Haydock

Reshoun - 7.04/1 with WH - 5 places in the 3.35 at Haydock 1.5 pts e/w
          Last edited by Kevloaf; 7 September 2019, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Ten Sovereigns confirmed as headed for the Everest, looks like Fairyland also travelling. Weather dependent who takes the place.
            16/1 best price currently

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
              Ten Sovereigns confirmed as headed for the Everest, looks like Fairyland also travelling. Weather dependent who takes the place.
              16/1 best price currently
              Think either/or would be run off their feet in this... Santa Ana Lane an e/w shot to nothing for me at current prices. Being laid out for the race and I’m sure will be a lot shorter on the day.

Comment

• Had a decent bet on Romanised today and also a win double on him with Dakota Gold.

For Billy Lee to be in the stewards room and see the head on and say that he thought circus maximus was going better than him and deserved to win is mind boggling.
                One, because he has no idea !!
                Two, because it didn't look like that to me
                And lastly, he represents the owner and trainer of the horse and should state their case.

If the appeal is successful I'll be more annoyed than I am already.
                He goes on my dodgy list for sure.
                Proper nob ed.

Comment

• From Twitter RP;

“Breaking: Siskin will miss Sunday's National Stakes at the Curragh with connections opting to wait for the Middle Park Stakes at Newmarket on September 28”

4/6 still available on Pinatubo

Comment

• Eric Mc Namara

Black Scorpion went to Killarney three weeks ago and finished third over a distance that was short of his best so we’re delighted with his prep run. Ideally I would like the ground to be as good as possible for him.

---

Good enough for me

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
                      Eric Mc Namara

Black Scorpion went to Killarney three weeks ago and finished third over a distance that was short of his best so we’re delighted with his prep run. Ideally I would like the ground to be as good as possible for him.

---

Good enough for me
                      Absolutely the plan since last year when he won at the same meeting too.

I haven't had a bet yet, but the best horse in training is a bigger price than him....

Gold Cup winner 2020---- YORKHILL

Comment

• Fleeting at 7-1 in today's vermielle at longchamp is very good value IMO.

I think a victim of poor rides in her last four races.
                        The last one in America, a typical Ryan Moore ride in the US, drawn one and not quick enough away so in midfield, then shuffled to last on the bend. Ran home best of most after being asked when the race was already over at the front end. Also a trip that may be a little short for her.

The Irish Oaks was probably more a brilliant ride by Dettori from the front on starcatcher, but you still have the nagging feeling that had she been ridden closer and not had to squeeze between horses when they accelerated that she might have got there. I do acknowledge though that she might have never beat starcatcher that day anyhow.

At Ascot, over the mile and half course, it's fairly common knowledge that the first 3 furlongs are fairly important to get a position. Dettori demonstrates this most of the time by being proactive on his horse. Moore has a habit of letting a horse find his own stride and on this occasion ended up stone last while the field was rounding the opening turn. As they turn in t the home straight a lot of jockeys will start going for home and if they've not gone a fast pace then having first run can be a massive advantage. Fleeting coming from last had to sit a behind a wall of horses for a fraction then probably ran the fastest last 2 furlongs in the field. Again I'd ackowledge the POV that she might not have beat starcatcher anyhow.

Ridden by Lordan (todays jockey) in the Oaks, she was not ridden like a favourite, and they clearly said hold her up and see if she can run on at the end. She did this really well and had she been ridden more positively would almost certainly have won this race. 2nd last turning for home and ran on meeting trouble into third. again the fastest finisher in the final 2 furlongs.

Hopefully they ride her nearer the pace today and we can find out hoe good she is, as she may just be a type of horse that is flattered by running on so well at the end of races.

Negatives,
                        Dettori could easily give another masterclass today on the favourite too.
                        And all the above may be decieving to the eye as to the true ability of the horse.

But having had 2 hours looking at this race this morning after seeing that 7-1 was available. I'm fairly keen.
                        2.5pts 7-1
                        2.5pts PMU.

ps, I have not considered the french based horses at all

Comment

• Has 1pt 180-1, 170-1 for arc on exchange also, just in case it all goes to plan.

Comment

• Worth a pop.
                            Think I overthought that race.
                            No excuses, maybe a bit wide and no cover (but thats clutching a bit)

Comment

• Pinatubo is as good a 2yr old as I've seen.
                              Can't wait to see his rating after that.
                              Could get near Frankel ???

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                                Pinatubo is as good a 2yr old as I've seen.
                                Can't wait to see his rating after that.
                                Could get near Frankel ???
                                The rating has to be.

Hope he is just as good in the Guineas

Comment

Working...
                                X