Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .....a horse I backed for the Red Rum Chase at Aintree called Azzuri got backed in from 50-1 to 8-1 but was withdrawn when the rain fell. I notice it’s entered for the first race at Ayr this Saturday, but the bookies have clearly taken note as it’s 5-1 favourite. One to watch if it turns up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
      Been told that Vinndication is an intended runner in the Future Champion Novices Chase over 2m 4f at Ayr on Saturday. Despite getting beat in both the Scilly Isles (3rd) and the JLT (5th) the form of both races has worked out well with JLT 2nd and 4th both winning at Aintree. He didn't travel particularly great in either race and if he gets in a better rhythm I'd hope he'd go close in this. The only thing holding me back from a more significant bet is the ground although I've been told Ayr are watering both Thursday and Friday. Will have a small investment at close to 3s with a boost as would not be surprised if he goes off at least a point shorter as he has been well supported in most races this season.
      And of course non-runner, was told he would run on good or worse. Glad I at least didn’t take that as gospel but still lost a couple of quid ... lesson learned ��

Comment

• Saturday's L.15 - 1.- Lillington - 1-25 Ayr.
        2.- Molly the dolly - 1-55 Ayr.
        3.- Secret investor - 3-00 Ayr.
        4.- Crosspark - 3-35 Ayr.

Comment

• Fired a few darts today.

1:25 Ayr - Azzuri 7/2. The money continues to come and the Skelton stable is in great form. They trained him like a good horse as a hurdler and hopefully the wind op has done the trick.

2:25 Ayr - Malaya 8/1 (5 places). I can't believe he price, it's far bigger than I thought so I'm worried I'm missing something with her. The race will be run to suit, ground shouldn't be a problem and only raised 6lb for what I thought was a comfortable win last time.

3:35 Ayr - Crosshue Boy 12/1. The trainer has aimed at this race for the best part of 12 months. His win at this meeting reads well and I think the step up in trip can only help.

3:35 Ayr - Big River 10/1. Gone cold on him, a poor bet by me and expect him to go off 14/1+.

Young Rascal (5/2) and Urban Icon (7/1) at Newbury as I try and feel my way into the flat season.

Malaya / Crosshue Boy ew doubles and a couple of Canadians covering these horses

Best of luck all.

Comment

• Verdana Blue for me in the Scottish champion hurdle

7lb claimed on her back will takes cares of top weight and Hendonhas withdrawn Beware the Bear later on because of how fast it is that will suit her to a tee.

13/2 4 places with betfair

Comment

• Well done Eggs. That was impressive - thank god he didn't run against Moon Over Germany last week at Aintree.

Comment

• Verdana Blue some horse on that ground

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                  Verdana Blue for me in the Scottish champion hurdle

7lb claimed on her back will takes cares of top weight and Hendonhas withdrawn Beware the Bear later on because of how fast it is that will suit her to a tee.

13/2 4 places with betfair
                  Well done HF - she could be called the winner turning in. I wonder if they'll try her on the flat. Chester Cup?

**Just checked, she's not entered.

Comment

• Thanks FM,

Vintage clouds snuck a place too so decent day for once!

Comment

• I was Crosspark away from 26k yesterday in a super yankee.

I thought he had it won when Takingrisks smashed into the last.

Only just recovering now

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        I was Crosspark away from 26k yesterday in a super yankee.

Only just recovering now
                        Unlucky Kev, hopefully still a decent payout. If you keep getting yourself in the ball park will only be a matter of time before you land one

Comment

Only just recovering now
                          It was a Terrible call on I.T.V , The commentator said Crosspark takes the lead .... , so i thought he'd won,
                          Only for it to be Taking risk's - 3rd leg in my L.15.-

Comment

Only just recovering now
                            and it will happen

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              Well done Eggs. That was impressive - thank god he didn't run against Moon Over Germany last week at Aintree.
                              ...clearly a blot on the handicap, FM. Moon over Germany softened the blow but I agree Azzuri would’ve taken some stopping had it turned up at Aintree. I understand it was 10-1 first show for the Ayr race, disappointed I only noticed it later but still got 11/2.

Comment

• IS there anything stopping the Kachy, Wissahickon double landing tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X