Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    He is a likeable character too, who doesn't appear to take himself too seriously.
    I'm going to the Old Trafford test in a couple of weeks and I think I'd rather watch him bowl than England bat.
    I have 2pts on Archer to be man of the match in this test at 9/1 so hopefully that should be in now. Wish I had a piece of your 50s though FM

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
      Can a non-British person win SPOTY? I thought it was British only and there was another award for non-British?
      If you work here predominantly, you can win. So Frankie could.

I’d be delighted with him finishing 3rd as I’m on each way. Him finishing third is still a 16/1 winner for me. Obviously I’m dreaming of the 80s if Enable wins her third arc. How England (Archer and Stokes) get on in the ashes will decide if my Frankie bet is something of more than just an interest. Because if Australia were to win the ashes, that 80/1 is very very much in play imo. Not that I’m cheering on the Aussies of course though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
        Not that I’m cheering on the Aussies of course though.
        I have a serious lay of England in this test, 1.77 pre toss was wrong and been pressing through to the 1.32 now.
        Cloud cover all today England have a fragile line up with just about everyone under severe pressure, Roy, Denly, Buttler, Woakes will all feel like they're playing for their place even though no better options exist outside the current squad.
        This Aus attack is serious and I won't be falling off my chair in shock if Eng are rolled for 150 and with Eng batting last that 1.32 will be around 3.32.

Like everyone (most anyway), I'm not cheering on Aussies but the prices are wrong for me so I'll hopefully trade this to a nice profit then watch Joffra win us the game with a second dig 7-20 which should work for everyone...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          I have a serious lay of England in this test, 1.77 pre toss was wrong and been pressing through to the 1.32 now.
          Cloud cover all today England have a fragile line up with just about everyone under severe pressure, Roy, Denly, Buttler, Woakes will all feel like they're playing for their place even though no better options exist outside the current squad.
          This Aus attack is serious and I won't be falling off my chair in shock if Eng are rolled for 150 and with Eng batting last that 1.32 will be around 3.32.

Like everyone (most anyway), I'm not cheering on Aussies but the prices are wrong for me so I'll hopefully trade this to a nice profit then watch Joffra win us the game with a second dig 7-20 which should work for everyone...
          It's time Root posted a big score. No better place to do it than on his home ground. I have a feeling today will shape who wins the ashes. A big first innings lead and we are in Poole position. Aus get us out for under 200 and we could lose the ashes by Sunday night.

Comment

Start counting your money Ista

Comment

Bad call on cloud cover.
              But, apart from that, a good shout.
              We are really shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                Start counting your money Ista
                It’s probably throwing money away but I’ve backed England at 5.2 to green up.
                Just hoping Joffra can find some magic today, tomorrow hot and sunny so a chase not out of the question

Comment

Well in bud

Comment

• If the day couldn't get any worse, Archer goes off injured barely able to hobble.

Comment

• Sunday patent - Goodwood. - 1- Queens soldier 2-30.
                      2- Country 3-00.
                      3- Limato 4-10.
                      good luck if your havin a punt !

Comment

It’s probably throwing money away but I’ve backed England at 5.2 to green up.
                        Just hoping Joffra can find some magic today, tomorrow hot and sunny so a chase not out of the question
                        Well played Ista, but I must say.

Arise Sir Ben Stokes!

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                          Well played Ista, but I must say.

Arise Sir Ben Stokes!
                          Agreed.

I played against him at club cricket. He was good but never thought he'd turn into the player he has.....and what a player he is!

Cricket is bloody brilliant!

Comment

• Just epic.
                            There’s a future for the game all the time characters like Stokes are around, and this could be a kick start for England, how Aus respond is crucial...

Ps your Joffra SPOTY bet is dead !

Comment

• Still lots of sport to be played this year. Jonny Wilkinson won SPOTY in 2003 so anyone wanting to hedge on a good price on Stokes might look at Owen Farrell.

Comment

Just epic.
                                There’s a future for the game all the time characters like Stokes are around, and this could be a kick start for England, how Aus respond is crucial...

Ps your Joffra SPOTY bet is dead !
                                I'm pinning my hopes on an Archer 10 for at Old Trafford and a hat trick to win the game.

Agreed though, not sure any sports fan would begrudge Stokes winning SPOTY

Comment

Working...
                                X