Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

York Ebor Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Better value, in a completely different race?

I am talking about the 3.00 at York
    I think that's just the start of Kealy's quote although I read it the way you did first time around.

Nice shout Q had a cheeky point each way yesterday at 18s after reading your write up

Comment

Verdana Blue looks well treated in the Ebor, Summer Moon franked the form this week, hopefully the rain doesn’t deteriorate the conditions too much & Ryan Moore booked in the saddle is a plus!

Comment

I backed Beringer too Q, as soon as the 5-Day decs came out.

His seasonal debut looked spot-on and his 9F form came from his last race last year, thrashing the Cambridgeshire field apart from Lord North who burst through and collared him in the last 50 yards.

These York races are wide open and take done winning, but I'm pleased to have backed him early enough, long before all the pundits shortened his price.

The same goes for Alright Sunshine in the Ebor, who seems to be popular with Keals and Brocklebank now too.

Longshots on Tuesday, at least they've made it through to final decs.
        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Whilst there are a few I’m keen on tomorrow, realistically my week will come down to how Fujaira Prince gets on from here now. Wouldn’t swap my antepost ticket on him for anything else in the race. He’s firmly the one to beat in my eyes.

Comment

....my ante-post Ebor selection was Euchen Glen and I’m not deserting it today, although a lot of rain will be a concern.
            Last edited by Eggs; 22 August 2020, 08:42 AM.

Comment

I've landed on 3 for the Ebor but could easily have been many more!

Ghostwatch. This has to have been his target all season IMO and I think he is still well handicapped even off a mark of 106. He won the Melrose 2 seasons ago and finished the season off a mark of 101 so I'd like to think there is much more to come. I'm still really surprised there is 16s available as I thought he would be nearer 10s.

True Self. Came 6th in a much better race last year and I'd like to think this has been a long term plan so I would ignore her runs this year so far(albeit in Group races). More than half of today's field would not have made the cut for last year's race and I think a repeat(or hopefully better) of her run last year will see he go close.

Pondus. Ended up with him as I think he could be potentially much better than he already is.

I'll probably end up backing Ranch Hand too as he's now a bit of a cliff horse. I thought he was the stable's main Ebor horse but his form has been mediocre when I was expecting better. However, Pivione was the same going into last year's John Smith's Cup and was a nice winner for me. Just one more doubt though is why Oisin is on Shailene when he has ridden Ranch and and was complementary about him at the start of the season. Oh well, cliff horse, back it!

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                Whilst there are a few I’m keen on tomorrow, realistically my week will come down to how Fujaira Prince gets on from here now. Wouldn’t swap my antepost ticket on him for anything else in the race. He’s firmly the one to beat in my eyes.
                He's the one for me too MoM. I'm not sure the 9lb rise in the weights will stop him, he looked well ahead of his mark at Royal Ascot and this has clearly been the plan since.

I struggle to see him being beat.......which usually means he'll finish out the back!

Comment

This meeting has been absolutely abysmal for me so far, but we go again today. Singles and EW treble on the following:

2.25 - Favourite Moon @ 3/1
                  3.00 - Safe Voyage @ 6/1
                  3.40 - Trueshan @ 8/1
                  4.40 - Maydanny @ 3/1

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Better value, in a completely different race?

I am talking about the 3.00 at York

Yep, that was all Kealy's quote,not me.

I quite like San donato after watching the videos. In the 3-00.
                    He travels like a good horse and this trip may be just right.

Comment

Added Midnight's Legacy in the Melrose 10/1, 5 places.

He's won twice at Haydock this season, needing every yard of the trip to get up lto. The step up in trip should bring further improvement and I think he'll run a good race at a decent price.

May back both of Kings in the Ebor too.

Comment

Beringer
                        A Star Above
                        San Donato.

In Ebor I'm going with True Self again.
                        It's interesting what Willie has done with all his original Ebor entries.

Stratum ran really well and nearly got up in the group race.
                        Buttercup won a listed hurdle.
                        So I'd like to think that this has been the plan for True Self ever since she arrived like the winner last year only to fade away.

She's probably likely to do the same off a very similar mark, but she may well be ridden even more patiently and be in better form.
                        And the race looks a tad weaker as Younghustler said.

I'll also be going with Monica Sheriff as her entry is just interesting and she looked progressive racking up wins when last seen.

I like Ghostwatch and it does look like a plan, but I've missed the price so may leave it now.

Comment

1.50 York- Beringer

2.25 York- Midnight’s Legacy

3.00 York- Safe Voyage

3.40 York- Verdana Blue

4.10 York- Winter Power

4.40 York- Derevo

5.10 York- Queen’s Order

[CLICK HERE FOR RACECARD]

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                            This meeting has been absolutely abysmal for me so far, but we go again today. Singles and EW treble on the following:

2.25 - Favourite Moon @ 3/1
                            3.00 - Safe Voyage @ 6/1
                            3.40 - Trueshan @ 8/1
                            4.40 - Maydanny @ 3/1
                            Yep, and the snakes have thrown an extra race in today as if it wasn’t hard enough.
                            Incredible I have those four in my picks too...

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post

I'll also be going with Monica Sheriff as her entry is just interesting and she looked progressive racking up wins when last seen.

I like Ghostwatch and it does look like a plan, but I've missed the price so may leave it now.
                              I'm sure you've seen it Q but there is a formline with Monica Sheriff and Ghostwatch with Endorphine. IMO, I would still take the 10s with Ghostwatch as I would have him as the 6/1 Fav.

Comment

lucky 15 for today

1.50 Pogo 6/1 ew
                                2.25 Kipps 6/1 ew
                                3.40 Fujaira Prince 13/2 ew
                                4.40 Derevo 8/1 ew

Comment

Working...
                                X