Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

York Ebor Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
    Had a long look at the Strensall stakes, the opening race on saturday.

Risky having a decent bet on a horse that don't win very often but have staked 5pts ew on Beringer.
    Would have been all at 16's but PP limit my stakes so rest on B365 @ 14's.
    If it's bigger at any stage between now and then I'll probably back it again.

I watched it's comeback run at Pontefract and he was unlucky to get baulked and held up at a crucial stage but ran on very nicely and it looked a very encouraging reappearance behind Dark Vision (whose formlines this year are very strong)

The race is competitive enough and the pace should come from the filly Miss O'connor and maybe Pogo.

Hopefully Beringer can track Dark Vision and should not be too far away from him at the finish based on previous form.

Opposition,
    Fingers crossed that Lord Glitters doesn't mow them both down. I'm hoping his best days are behind him.
    Pogo would be a worry.
    Zabeel Prince would also concern me if back to his best, but he has a bit to prove, having ran poorly in his last four starts.
    I'd be surprised if Miss O'connor can outlast this field.
    Prince Eiji is probably not good enough either and has had four goes this season.
    Certain Lad has been well beaten by Pogo and Dark Vision more than once.
    And fuck knows how to weigh the form of Epic Hero. But it don't look good enough anyway.

9 furlongs on a fast track might just be the perfect fit for this horse when you look through his form.
    Some really solid performances in behind very good horses might explain his poor win record, and he may just have ran into several over the years, and over too far a trip mostly, as I don't think it's his attitude.

I'd have Beringer a single figure price at least. And probably fourth or fifth in the betting behind Lord Glitters, Pogo & Dark Vision at least.

So had to back accordingly.
    What makes you think the Lord is over the top Q? ...thought his last run was strong and could see him outclassing these?

Comment

Double - Zabeel Champion & Nayef Road @ 9/1
      Double - Nayef Road & A New Dawn (Killarney) @ 12/1

2.45 - Ubettabelieveit @ 11/2 WIN (NAP)
      4.15 - Chamade @ 6/1 WIN
      EW Double Ubettabelieveit & Chamade @ 22/1

EW Acca @ 1524/1 (all paying three places)
      2.45 Ubettabelieveit @ 5/1
      3.15 A'ali @ 8/1
      3.45 Broomy Law @ 7/1
      4.15 Chamade @ 6/1
      Last edited by charlie; 21 August 2020, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Nayef Road

Seven Brothers e/w

Will probably have a few e/w on the longshots in the 3.15, just in case one of the favs has had one too many Yorkshire puds.

Comment

People seem very bullish on Nayef Road!

1 45 - Zabeel Campion 15/8 1pt
          2 15 - Nayef Road 3/1 2pt
          2 45 - Mystery Smiles 8/1 0.5pt EW
          16 15 - Asaaf 5/2 1pt
          16 50 - Cold front 9/1 0.5pt EW & Finest sound 6/1 1pt

Comment

Originally posted by Morley Street View Post
            What makes you think the Lord is over the top Q? ...thought his last run was strong and could see him outclassing these?
            I don’t
            I’m just hoping so

Comment

I'll give these a whirl today at York:
              1.45 York- Byron Flyer

2.15 York- Dashing Willoughby

2.45 York- Yazaman

3.15 York- Battaash

3.45 York- Tawleed

4.15 York- Angel Power

4.50 York- Cold Front

Comment

Originally posted by Morley Street View Post
                Have to say I've seen a few run under par this week and I wondered whether the condensed programme this year has taken its toll on one or two, so many have had 4 or 5 runs in competitive races in 8/9 weeks...

Comment

Todays darts:

1.45 Restorer 7/1 ew
                  2.15 Enbihaar 9/4
                  2.45 Mytery Smiles 6/1 ew 4p
                  3.45 Rushmore 15/2 ew
                  4.15 Waliyak 7/2 ew 5p
                  4.50 Cold Front 17/2 ew 5p

Good luck all

Comment

Originally posted by 7barrows View Post
                    People seem very bullish on Nayef Road!
                    I am, but the market speaking very much in favour of Dashing Willoughby who is now 15/8 market fav. I just hope Nayef Road goes out and makes it a proper test

Comment

He may well go through the card here

Comment

Bookies shortening Crowleys remaining rides, surely have to push a few out, any value sticking out?

Comment

Safe Voyage tomorrow in the without One Master market is 2/1 which is a fair price as it looks a two horse race.

9/2 with PP, boosted to 5/1 - think I'll take that instead and hope 365 follow suit and take the 'without' price later/tomorrow at hopefully bigger than 2/1
                          Last edited by Kevloaf; 21 August 2020, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Better value could come from outsider of the field Beringer.

You can’t really argue with his place in the market as the Alan King-trained five-year-old is the lowest rated in the field, but he was improving at the end of last season and his neck second to Dark Vision – second favourite here – at Pontefract last month is a sign he might still be doing so.

Indeed, had Dark Vision not cut him off turning for home he might well have won, and this rare 1m1f trip might just prove to be his optimum.

It looked like it last season when he finished second in the Cambridgeshire, a race he’d have won by four lengths were it not for a certain Lord North, who is now a Group 1 winner.

Beringer also has some decent track form as his fifth in the Hambleton Handicap last year was the best effort from any of the hold-up horses, while a couple of years ago he looked to be cantering all over Wissahickon (won Cambridgeshire later that season) and traded at around 1-14 in running before not lasting over the 1m2½f trip.

With two potential front-runners, the race should be run to suit and he should not be underestimated.

Turns out I am Paul Kealy.
                            Copycat
                            Although it is an obvious pick for those that tend to look for pricier types.

Comment

You can’t really argue with his place in the market as the Alan King-trained five-year-old is the lowest rated in the field, but he was improving at the end of last season and his neck second to Dark Vision – second favourite here – at Pontefract last month is a sign he might still be doing so.

Indeed, had Dark Vision not cut him off turning for home he might well have won, and this rare 1m1f trip might just prove to be his optimum.

It looked like it last season when he finished second in the Cambridgeshire, a race he’d have won by four lengths were it not for a certain Lord North, who is now a Group 1 winner.

Beringer also has some decent track form as his fifth in the Hambleton Handicap last year was the best effort from any of the hold-up horses, while a couple of years ago he looked to be cantering all over Wissahickon (won Cambridgeshire later that season) and traded at around 1-14 in running before not lasting over the 1m2½f trip.

With two potential front-runners, the race should be run to suit and he should not be underestimated.

Copycat
                              Segal and Rodway have put him up too. You are leading the way Q!

Comment

Copycat
                                Better value, in a completely different race?

I am talking about the 3.00 at York

Comment

Working...
                                X