Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Daily Flat Racing Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a hugely uninspiring TV card today.

Heavy ground.... this is reeking of a day of not betting at all and just enjoying the sunshine.

Roll on the jumps

Speaking of which, Master Dino is 4/9 in the last at Dieppe.

Comment

• ...yep, racing doesn’t appeal today although Pomelo’s odds of 40-1 for the 1000 Guineas might drop significantly if she wins Goodwoods 1.50.

Comment

• Just the 1 bet for me 3.35 Century Dream, heavy ground an unknown to a few of his rivals and he relishes it.

2pts win 3/1

Comment

• Soft/heavy ground for August flat horses should be a big red flag from a punting perspective, but for the sake of interest I've thrown a few TV darts:

Newm
          2.05 Burmese Waltz 18/1 ew

Wind
          2.40 Floating Artist 6/1 ew
          3.15 Fox Chairman 10/11 win

Good
          1.50 Pomelo 5/2 win
          2.25 Alemaratalyoum 5/1 ew
          3.00 Cabaletta 2/1 win
          3.35 Century Dream 11/4 win

All placed earlier so fully expect the odd NR and R4s.

Good luck all

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            What a hugely uninspiring TV card today.

Heavy ground.... this is reeking of a day of not betting at all and just enjoying the sunshine.

Roll on the jumps

Speaking of which, Master Dino is 4/9 in the last at Dieppe.
            Could be part of a roll up?! If i have a good day ill back him later..ive ignored ornua today in the 3.40 at wexford and gone for paloma blue sort of thinking it was the wrong move but hey ho!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
              Could be part of a roll up?! If i have a good day ill back him later..ive ignored ornua today in the 3.40 at wexford and gone for paloma blue sort of thinking it was the wrong move but hey ho!
              Not for me, too short at 4/9.

Looks a decent race, I couldn't find an angle, I thought Us And Them at first but couldn't rule enough out.

Comment

• This is not a tip, but

I backed Colouring last night at 9/2 - been off for a while but was getting backed with all the bookies into as short as 11/4.
                Drifted to 25-1 first thing this morning with all of them, and went off 33-1 and finished well beaten 8th.
                Is now listed to run tomorrow at Yarmouth and is 6-1 third favourite.

WTF.
                Ground has not changed since yesterday afternoon either.
                random.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Not for me, too short at 4/9.

Looks a decent race, I couldn't find an angle, I thought Us And Them at first but couldn't rule enough out.
                  Sorry to talk about this horse in the flat racing thread, but what is the deal with master dino? Will we ever see him over here? That run was visually perfect jumped so well and im very happy he finished up a lovely treble for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
                    Sorry to talk about this horse in the flat racing thread, but what is the deal with master dino? Will we ever see him over here? That run was visually perfect jumped so well and im very happy he finished up a lovely treble for me!
                    ATR reported after the race that MASTER DINO will next run in French jumping biggest race, worth €850,000 on weekend of 17/18 October, the Grand Steeplechase de Paris.

It’s run over 3M6F at Auteuil, usually at the end of May, but has been moved in the calendar to mid-October.

Simon Munir sold Master Dino since he raced in England and got injured, and he is now owned by Mme Patrick Papot, who rarely has runners in the UK (none since 2015, and less than a handful in the last 10 years).

The owner won the Grand Steeplechase two years ago with a 5yo, and it looks like Master Dino was bought with the race in mind.

There seems less chance now, based on the owner change, of a run in the UK.

The only thought that I had Zon that subject was “What if Master Dino did with the Grand Steeplechase in October?”
                    Would achieving that, give them the chance to give the horse a break and consider a program that included running in the Cheltenham Gold Cup in March, before potentially running again in the Grand Steeplechase next May.

Given he is planning on a 3M6F target, it’s the Gold Cup and its status/value that may appeal c/w the Ryanair (Gold Cup worth nearly double the Ryanair)

I couldn’t see any prices on the Gold Cup earlier, but there was a line of Oddschecker prices at big odds for the Ryanair.
                    Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 29 August 2020, 11:14 PM.
                    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Need just be of no interest whatsoever at Cheltenham for me, the angle was good relative experience as a novice chaser over here.

We're a few years on, I excepted he wouldn't come over and even if he did, he'd be a fair enough price on the day because there's zero chance whatsoever he would go off single figure in a Ryanair or Gold Cup

Comment

• Master Dino is a very speculative punt for any UK return since the ownership switch.

Maybe those who follow him on ATR in French Racing will get a chance to back him at The Grand Steeplechase instead, at less restrictive odds than his prep races.
                        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Two bets today -

14:25 Goodwood Alaadel 5/1 EW- loves the mud and Oisin booked which is significant as the last time he rode was when winning on C&D

14:50 Yarmouth Ivadream EW 6/1 - ran well on soft last time out and the step up in trip looks suited as he’s slow to get into rythm. Looks well treated compared to the favs as receiving 6/7 pounds.
                          Last edited by 7barrows; 30 August 2020, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                            This is not a tip, but

I backed Colouring last night at 9/2 - been off for a while but was getting backed with all the bookies into as short as 11/4.
                            Drifted to 25-1 first thing this morning with all of them, and went off 33-1 and finished well beaten 8th.
                            Is now listed to run tomorrow at Yarmouth and is 6-1 third favourite.

WTF.
                            Ground has not changed since yesterday afternoon either.
                            random.
                            Non runner as probably expected

Comment

• Hollie Doyle.
                              I'll say it again is awesome.
                              Making some other jocks look like muppets.

Having done a multiple on her Saturday races for a few weeks running.
                              I decided not to bother yesterday
                              But have followed her today 3/4 (mugged by spencer on the other)
                              If she gets the other two up, I'm getting a divorce.

Comment

• 2 noses off another five timer !

Comment

Working...
                                X