Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Royal Ascot 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
    Think I’m likely to do my kitty some real damage with racing when it starts back up
    Especially ascot
    No recent form
    And working less than an hour a day.
    Will need a lot of luck
    But I’ll fucking enjoy it no matter what
    It's tricky to have so much top racing to tempt us in so early into the season. Normally we can bed ourselves in somewhat. Though, with the trainers knowing now a good 4 or whatever weeks in advance, i reckon a good few will have their horses much more primed than they would normally!

Comment

Last of the 3s for Battaash has gone with both PP and Betfair now 7/4 after being 3s over the weekend. Top price is now 5/2 with WH. I've just topped up again and done a few multi's at tiny stakes with Shishkin, EA and Easysland.

Comment

I suck at Ascot at the best of times, Ascot with no form? Lordamercy.

Obligatory telling of my story of the day I went through the card at Ascot, got home. told the wife, who was over the moon until she noticed the return and the odds didn't match up

"Well....I only put 10p each way on it"

"If you put a pound we could've bought a house Rob!"

Still renting 7 years later haha

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
          I suck at Ascot at the best of times, Ascot with no form? Lordamercy.

Obligatory telling of my story of the day I went through the card at Ascot, got home. told the wife, who was over the moon until she noticed the return and the odds didn't match up

"Well....I only put 10p each way on it"

"If you put a pound we could've bought a house Rob!"

Still renting 7 years later haha
          First time I've heard that

Comment

#Breaking Richard Hannon tells @PAracing that after discussions with his owners, Threat will head straight to Royal @Ascot for the St James's Palace Stakes

Comment

Anyone know what the maximum field sizes will be for the handicaps? got one I've been waiting for the Wokingham. Also any clue when the entries will be? Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchHolly View Post
                Anyone know what the maximum field sizes will be for the handicaps? got one I've been waiting for the Wokingham. Also any clue when the entries will be? Cheers
                At the moment maximum fields are 12. I imagine this is the reason we are getting the silver version of some of the big handicaps. Hope they increase the maximum field size before the royal meeting.

It'll be 5 day decs I'd imagine but don't know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  At the moment maximum fields are 12. I imagine this is the reason we are getting the silver version of some of the big handicaps. Hope they increase the maximum field size before the royal meeting.

It'll be 5 day decs I'd imagine but don't know for sure.
                  Certainly hope it won't be 12, can't imagine a 12 runner Wokingham it would be wrong! The bigger the field the bigger the certainty Like you say we have the Silver Hunt Cup and Wokingham but I thought and hope it's due to the lack of racing the demand to run will be far higher than normal???

Comment

Near certain i've seen it mentioned that the handicaps aren't 12 runners?

Comment

The 12 runner limit was presented to government as part of the initial review/approval to get racing going again, I expect authorities have been asked to demonstrate social distancing and an increase in field size will follow after a successful week or so.
                      I wouldn’t be too hopeful of a 34 runner cavalry charge at Ascot but you might get max fields increased to 16/18...

Comment

Pretty sure its mainly handicaps that have maximum fields of 12 for now. Other grade races have bigger fields already.

Think it makes sense, early doors, for the smaller tracks as they would have had maximum entry's/fields for every low grade race, although it doesn't help the smaller yards/owners really, does it.

Then you get the coronation cup entries for friday and only 11 entered FFS. No racing for 2 months and the first grade one gets 11 entries ???, and will probably end up with a field of about 6/7. Or less.

Comment

Prize Money and order

Comment

Chanced Far Above at 40s for the King Stand e/w with cash out. If he puts in a performance that the stable are expecting tomorrow that could look big?

Comment

Originally posted by Morley Street View Post
                              Chanced Far Above at 40s for the King Stand e/w with cash out. If he puts in a performance that the stable are expecting tomorrow that could look big?
                              Same if not you can probably just cash out for 95%

Comment

Originally posted by Priceiskey View Post
                                Same if not you can probably just cash out for 95%
                                I'll have abit of EW too. The trainer has mentioned the Kings Stand as a possible target in his stable tour(on attheraces) so definitely worth a punt as his price will more than half if he wins easily tomorrow although I still think Battaash is the banker of the meeting.

Comment

Working...
                                X