Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Spectre Racing - The King Of Ryhope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post

He'll certainly be going into the race looking well and in very good form at home. All the owners will be there, and as Lobos says it'll be a big celebration if he can justify his tag as favourite. The most important thing of course is he comes back fit and well.
    Are you concerned about the going mate?

Comment

• Smash up job

Comment

• Am as west in Ireland you can get, whatever we have usually take 2 days to hit Aintree. The winds dont look like switching so I think today will be the last of the rain over there, few showers until Saturday but should have 2 decent drying days until Saturday.

I wouldn't have the ground on my mind anyways, should be proper soft ground at worst.

C'mon 'The King'

Comment

• Originally posted by Guinness Village View Post
          I’ll see you there. I’m with I’m a lumberjack in the bumper
          I know I've known Mike and Collette for years, and I'm fairly sure we've met.
          Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• I quite fancy the one in black and white.

Apparently it's worth looking at the following stats:

In fields of 10+ 1311
            When fresh 111
            Trainer record in the race 12334

Someone also told me he's been targeted at this, he's in prime form, is very well handicapped being a Grade 2 horse running off 137, and will have his optimum underfoot conditions over his correct trip only for the second time in his career.

I'd say if you add all those things up I might nap him on Saturday! Let's call him the Aintree Naiad

Comment

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards...-04-13/863209/

I quite fancy the one in black and white.

Apparently it's worth looking at the following stats:

In fields of 10+ 1311
              When fresh 111
              Trainer record in the race 12334

Someone also told me he's been targeted at this, he's in prime form, is very well handicapped being a Grade 2 horse running off 137, and will have his optimum underfoot conditions over his correct trip only for the second time in his career.

I'd say if you add all those things up I might nap him on Saturday! Let's call him the Aintree Naiad
              Not worried about the ground Paul? Seems to act much better on nice ground

Comment

• Good luck to all of you - I'm willing you all on with more than a tinge of regret that I couldn't get involved when the shares were offered.
                If he wins, it virtually covers the cost of the year doesn't it while giving trips to Graded races at Ascot and Aintree on Grand National day (admittedly a handicap).

Some value for money that would be

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post

Not worried about the ground Paul? Seems to act much better on nice ground
                  Soft or good to soft is perfect for him Jim. We've got three dry days and the ground will be no worse than soft. In fact I suspect we'll have some good to soft by race time. HAving just watched that first race I'm not sure there's any heavy in it right now.

Heavy definitely isn't okay though, and I think there's little chance of that now.

Comment

Soft or good to soft is perfect for him Jim. We've got three dry days and the ground will be no worse than soft. In fact I suspect we'll have some good to soft by race time. HAving just watched that first race I'm not sure there's any heavy in it right now.

Heavy definitely isn't okay though, and I think there's little chance of that now.
                    Ahhh yeah fair play, the race being 2 days away just went straight over my head, and like you say, that didn't exactly look 'heavy'

Comment

• Originally posted by Odin View Post
                      Good luck to all of you - I'm willing you all on with more than a tinge of regret that I couldn't get involved when the shares were offered.
                      If he wins, it virtually covers the cost of the year doesn't it while giving trips to Graded races at Ascot and Aintree on Grand National day (admittedly a handicap).

Some value for money that would be
                      Thanks Odin. The timing wasn't right so it was a good decision. You'll always have the emotional attachment anyway.

Yes things have gone very well. Aintree is the icing on the cake really. He goes there with a very good chance, but the most important thing is he gets round safely. If he can win or go close I suspect his programme next season wouldn't take too much working out!!!

Comment

• Good luck the King
                        Really hope he wins for all connections.
                        He looks well handicapped in comparison to most in the race.
                        I might not back him for the first time as I can’t get out of my head that he looked a bit soft - saving himself a bit. In his last couple races.
                        And whilst not as well handicapped some of the opposition are a bit more battle hardened.

However if he drifts a bit I might have a dabble.

Hopefully Skelton has primed him like he’s done successfully in big handicaps this season.

Come on the King

Comment

• Thanks Q.

He hit the last fence hard at Ascot when he was the only one still on the bridle. Even then he was only beaten two lengths closing to the line. Without that he'd be a Grade 2 winner. Instead he gets to run in this off 137.

He hated the ground at Wetherby. It was horrible gluey holding ground on the back straight and just looked like he was wading through treacle. It was also over 2m3f when he's a 3 mile plus horse. Running in those races can be beneficial to the handicap mark of a stayer though, especially when there's decent place prize money

The one thing he definitely isn't is soft. A quick view of the race at Chepstow will tell you that.

He's absolutely spot on for this. Deliberately kept fresh for it, and it's his season target.

Comment

• Best of luck to all involved on Saturday - would be truly wonderful to see The King crowned at Aintree on Grand National day.

Comment

• All the best for Saturday ladies and gents

Hope he does the business for you! I’ve backed as I get a sense from Paul this may have been the plan after Ascot

Looks nicely treated at the weights.

Comment

• Good luck to all the Kings connections, no not Camilla and William but Paul and the syndicate and all FJs.

Comment

Working...
                                X