Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

GRAND ANNUAL Challenge Cup Handicap Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Sky Pirate given an entry in the Betfair Hurdle. Looks like Jonjo is going to give him a spin over hurdles to protect the handicap mark.

I really like that plan!
    I take it you don’t like the potential plan of running Saturday off top weight at Warwick and if winning going up another 5lbs + ?
    (no idea if it is but he’s an entry)

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post

I take it you don’t like the potential plan of running Saturday off top weight at Warwick and if winning going up another 5lbs + ?
      (no idea if it is but he’s an entry)
      Correct....I do not like that plan, unless Jonjo knows he's over a stone well in

Comment

Sky Pirate given an entry in the Betfair Hurdle. Looks like Jonjo is going to give him a spin over hurdles to protect the handicap mark.

I really like that plan!
        Sky Pirate has also been given an entry today for the 2M Handicap Chase at Warwick on Saturday.
        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

Sky Pirate has also been given an entry today for the 2M Handicap Chase at Warwick on Saturday.
          That's left me scratching my head a bit

Comment

That's left me scratching my head a bit
            Maybe they are the two races for him spaced out up to the Festival.

Comment

Correct....I do not like that plan, unless Jonjo knows he's over a stone well in
              Declared.... must be a max bet potentially for you if he’s he’s high 150s like you think(think it was you who said that, somebody definitely did )

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post

Declared.... must be a max bet potentially for you if he’s he’s high 150s like you think(think it was you who said that, somebody definitely did )
                I can't believe they have declared him. I can't cash out most of my bet either so I'll have to sit and suffer!

He's rated 140 over hurdles and has a Betfair Hurdle entry. They could easily just go and win on Saturday and then revert to hurdles, were he'd be seriously well in.

I thought I knew exactly what they were up to but now think I've got it all wrong.

Comment

I can't believe they have declared him. I can't cash out most of my bet either so I'll have to sit and suffer!

He's rated 140 over hurdles and has a Betfair Hurdle entry. They could easily just go and win on Saturday and then revert to hurdles, were he'd be seriously well in.

I thought I knew exactly what they were up to but now think I've got it all wrong.
                  Ffs! I thought I had landed on a good one and was well smug when price kept dropping. Whats the best we can hope for here? Race abandoned!?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post

Ffs! I thought I had landed on a good one and was well smug when price kept dropping. Whats the best we can hope for here? Race abandoned!?
                    I'm doing a rain dance

Jonjo will have a plan. Maybe he isn't concerned about a potential rise in the weights but they will have mapped out his way to the festival, he's a master planner!

My concern now is that he wins handily on Saturday and they revert to hurdles and make use of the attractive mark (it could be the plan!). In any case, I'm going to back him for the Betfair Hurdle.

Comment

I'm doing a rain dance

Jonjo will have a plan. Maybe he isn't concerned about a potential rise in the weights but they will have mapped out his way to the festival, he's a master planner!

My concern now is that he wins handily on Saturday and they revert to hurdles and make use of the attractive mark (it could be the plan!). In any case, I'm going to back him for the Betfair Hurdle.
                      They may just want to give him a run.
                      Can't decide if he's a horse that's easy to lose on, or not.
                      Seemed to find it easy for a long time.
                      Be an interesting watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post

They may just want to give him a run.
                        Can't decide if he's a horse that's easy to lose on, or not.
                        Seemed to find it easy for a long time.
                        Be an interesting watch.
                        It won't be a comfortable watch for me. I've dug myself into a bit of a hole in this one as I was so sure I knew what they'd do.

I know someone who knows someone in the yard so trying to find out what they are up to.

Comment

It won't be a comfortable watch for me. I've dug myself into a bit of a hole in this one as I was so sure I knew what they'd do.

I know someone who knows someone in the yard so trying to find out what they are up to.
                          Sky Pirate also entered in a 2M Novice Handicap Chase at Newbury next Weds.
                          Dame de Compagnie entered in the same race.
                          Bit of difference in their chase experience

Comment

Imagine how pissed FM will be if they go for the arkle ?

Comment

Yes.

If he is a good thing in the Grand Ann then he should bolt up at Warwick.

Im not sure he is the most trustworthy, or capable of winning at his current weight/rating as easily as he did of his lowly mark previously.

2M has improved him, but how much by, we should see at Warwick.

Comment

You have no idea how pissed off I am today with this.

He was going to be my nap of the festival.

Comment

Working...
                                X