Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Benjy23 View Post
    Beaten by the ride Dinoblue. Best horse in the race and stayed the trip no issues.
    Not sure she was beaten by the ride, but you may be right.
    She looked to me like she stayed fine just got beat by the better horse on the day in the conditions imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Obvious that she was ridden like a non Stayer to me and she just didn't have it at the finish to get past a horse that on ratings she should have beaten comfortably. They must be regretting not going for the Champion Chase as she'd have won that comfortably IMO. If Jonbon steps up in distance next season to the Ryanair then she'd be a very able substitute for JP. 2 miles is definitely her mojo.
      Will never know how she would have got on in the QM of course, but on ratings it would have been very close with CG.
      Be interesting to see how she is campaigned next season.

Comment

• Stay Away Fay in the Scottish National as well. Looks a decent little contest.

Comment

Stay Away Fay in the Scottish National as well. Looks a decent little contest.
          Git Maker should be a good fav for that race based on his 2nd in the Kim Muir and what Inothewayurthinkin has done since. Just jumps out at you on 10st 3lbs. Handicapper only put him up 1lb for his Festival run. That would be nearer 10lb if he had the Aintree run to go by.

Comment

Any idea if Spanish Harlem is joining him?
            He is and Townend has picked him.

Lively 20/1 shot there now as well!

Comment

• Regardless of the dire straights of British jumps racing, Willie Mullins having 9 entries at Ffos Las is some gas craic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Git Maker should be a good fav for that race based on his 2nd in the Kim Muir and what Inothewayurthinkin has done since. Just jumps out at you on 10st 3lbs. Handicapper only put him up 1lb for his Festival run. That would be nearer 10lb if he had the Aintree run to go by.
                I agree with your assessment there Lobos. I think he is great each way value at around 8/1. My only reservation is whether he stays but his sire has produced plenty of good staying chasers so I'm hopeful he gets the trip. Can I borrow your Vauban wheelbarrow please? .

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
                  Regardless of the dire straights of British jumps racing, Willie Mullins having 9 entries at Ffos Las is some gas craic
                  Sharjah getting declared for a 3 mile handicap chase at Ayr is pretty out there as well. He's really throwing them at it now

Comment

• I think most expected it anyway, but the article in the RP yesterday suggested there will definitely be changes to the race programme for next years festival.
                    So holding bets on races that have been mentioned might be smart for now.
                    I suppose the NH chase and Cross country might be most at risk for change of some sort, and they might even go mad and look at the mid trip novice races.

The main message from the article was that the 28 races 4 day meet will remain but that some races will change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                      I think most expected it anyway, but the article in the RP yesterday suggested there will definitely be changes to the race programme for next years festival.
                      So holding bets on races that have been mentioned might be smart for now.
                      I suppose the NH chase and Cross country might be most at risk for change of some sort, and they might even go mad and look at the mid trip novice races.

The main message from the article was that the 28 races 4 day meet will remain but that some races will change.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/fest...-aXVkn4F8l0If/
                      Im not sure what exactly was wrong with the number of top quality horses taking part myself, i thought the races were all decent, add Hendo's to the races and i'd be satisfied with that content each year, ok the browns /nhc only had 6 runners a piece, but the mid trips were very competitive imo. TV ratings were up too and by more than the number who didnt buy tickets, so as a spectacle is not a bad product. Maybe make the nhc as a limited handicap might entice nichols/hendo into it a bit more. Not confident that they'll tinker in the right way myself.

Comment

• Making the nhc and cross country 0-145 handicaps I'd be down for

Id also make the martin pipe a novice handicap and not allow novices in the coral cup, county hurdle or pertemps

They also have to get rid of the ridiculous penalty systems in the mares novice hurdle and mares chase

Fair enough if the mare has won a grade 1 they carry a 5lb penalty. We want those horses in other races really.

But for instance penalising grade 3 winners in a grade 2 makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Comment

• Can someone correct me if I’m wrong here, but it seems that William hill have taken down their turners market for next year. (Not sure if they ever had one). But I also see ballyburn is 5/2 for the brown advisory aswell. Again not sure how long that’s been there or if the price has been cut recently

Comment

• According to Oddschecker, there is no current Hills market for the Turners. It looks like they introduced Ballyburn for the BANC on Tuesday at 5/2.

Comment

• 5/2 wouldn't even be a good NRNB price like

Comment

• I think Hills have done the smart thing. The chance of there being a Turners next season must be slim. Surely there is more than sufficient momentum for it to be reverted back to a two and half 0-145 novices handicap. It's far easier not to offer a market than have to deal with the fall out.
                                Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Working...
                                X