Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
    What's the process for people joining now?

Didn't realise we had become so exclusive!
    About 3 years ago now but had to send an email in and got a code from kev to sign up, presumably the same

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
      What's the process for people joining now?

Didn't realise we had become so exclusive!
      We used to have a bit of an issue with spam. Well, I think it was just one guy, but he was very persistent

Comment

• Originally posted by Yosser View Post
        Good evening gents (and ladies) i also have had my registration approved. I was supposed to do it directly a couple of months ago after speaking with Kev on a Youtube channel's chat but slipped my mind. Fortunately for me he has processed the registration. I have spoke with Spectre a few times on twitter for his thoughts on particular horses so now to be in the ampitheatre itself is an honour. This forum over the last couple of years along with my own ideas has yielded me amazing results at Cheltenham and can't wait to add my bit to the already outstanding knowledge on here. Some of the stats and ideas presented on here are superb. This is the place to be. Thank you for having me and i look forward to engaging with the group.
        Welcome Yosser

Be good to hear your ideas in here too.
        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Welcome newbies

One thing I'd say is that don't be afraid to post your thoughts, especially those who don't think they know as much as others on here. I was in the same shoes (and probably still am, as Odin likes to point out on an almost daily basis when I say something stupid) but it's a great place to be and you never know when you'll catch something that others have missed.

Most importantly, enjoy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

Welcome Yosser

Be good to hear your ideas in here too.

Thanks Saxon. You personally have made me a good few quid with your trends and stats on the handicaps. It's a really good guide. I work with somebody who is involved in a syndicate and sometimes get nods from there from different trainers. Not a massive syndicate but some decent horses in good yards. Aside from the regular avenues to keep track of horses i also scour the Point To Point and French racing and run separate spreadsheets for both. Where they go, who buys them, how much they cost, winning distances etc. One i am trying to keep track of is Shattered Love's offspring. She gave birth to a colt by Walk In The Park who will now be 3 years old and was bought by Coolmore. She was also in foal to Crystal Ocean which is an interesting mix. I try to keep as far ahead of the game as i can.

Comment

Thanks Saxon. You personally have made me a good few quid with your trends and stats on the handicaps. It's a really good guide. I work with somebody who is involved in a syndicate and sometimes get nods from there from different trainers. Not a massive syndicate but some decent horses in good yards. Aside from the regular avenues to keep track of horses i also scour the Point To Point and French racing and run separate spreadsheets for both. Where they go, who buys them, how much they cost, winning distances etc. One i am trying to keep track of is Shattered Love's offspring. She gave birth to a colt by Walk In The Park who will now be 3 years old and was bought by Coolmore. She was also in foal to Crystal Ocean which is an interesting mix. I try to keep as far ahead of the game as i can.
              Yosser
              Sounds like you're doing a great job of piecing together a way of working that gets you to early positions on horses from several different routes.

That is a great place to be.
              Ahead of mainstream thinking.

Anything you can add on these areas, would be most appreciated in FJ
              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Dandrew99 View Post
                W

Odin likes to point out on an almost daily basis when I say something stupid)
                I can confirm this does happen. It's like a reverse Gremlin situation where if he hasn't had coffee before midday he's an absolute lunatic

Anyway, welcome to all new joiners - looking forward to learning what I can from you.
                As you lurkers will know, sometimes things can get tetchy on here, but 99.9999999999999% of posts are meant in good heart and it's just robust discussion about any given horse's chance in a race that s/he's probably not going to go to so your input is valuable as anyones!

Comment

• Fresh meat Quevega will be happy he was getting hungry
                  Joking aside welcome newbies.

Comment

• Yeah welcome along newbies. If your really lucky you too can have a delightful avatar of a pig with a scar hahahaha
                    genuinely great place to be though and some great opinions on here

Comment

• ….Aintree weather watch; Tuesday; seemingly dry night and no rain first thing this morning. Sky looks a little threatening but also a bit of blue up there so difficult to know how things will go.

Comment

• A potential French one for the tracker is KIENTZHEIM. Winner of 2 middle distance flat races for Albert Lefeuvre and the form is pretty strong. Will be 5 years old next season so too old for the Triumph. Thinking about JP McManus and i don't think he has anything (so far) for the novice hurdles next season other than A Dream To Share. At least i can't think of any. A Dream To Share himself though is a pretty decent price at around 25/1 for the Supreme and will almost be certainly trained with that in mind for next term. At this stage i only have backed William Munny, Jeroboam Machin and Salvator Mundi for the race but will be adding ADTS at some point.

Comment

Thinking about JP McManus and i don't think he has anything (so far) for the novice hurdles next season other than A Dream To Share. At least i can't think of any. A Dream To Share himself though is a pretty decent price at around 25/1 for the Supreme a

Obviously a new sire to the NH sphere with no chase form to boast, but I wonder whether they'll send this one over fences before the season is out, will be 7 next Spring and that lost season could be crucial in their planning.
                          Plenty of sales for JP to raid for next season's novices....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

Obviously a new sire to the NH sphere with no chase form to boast, but I wonder whether they'll send this one over fences before the season is out, will be 7 next Spring and that lost season could be crucial in their planning.
                            Interesting angle Ista. I hadn't considered it for ADTS but i had considered that Willie may go that route next season with Redemption Day. Probably best to put those two on hold until the new season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

They've mentioned the flat for ADTS.

Comment

• Welcome to our new members.
                                Hopefully most of you have something to say and add to the mix.
                                Absolutely delighted to note that one of you has already mentioned they can add to the weather chat

Comment

Working...
                                X