Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by callhimgamblor View Post
    I had a 2k win in a ladbrokes and had to answer a few more questions but never had to produce docs.
    Cheers mate

Comment

• When did PP stop doing bog? Just saw in promotions bit you have to opt in to get it each day, but doesn't start until 9am the next day drom each day you opt in

Edit - have they restricted me do you guys think?
      Last edited by Big Bucks; 8 July 2023, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
        When did PP stop doing bog? Just saw in promotions bit you have to opt in to get it each day, but doesn't start until 9am the next day drom each day you opt in

Think it was at some point last year they changed to BOG on the day of the day...

Only 365 still BOG night before I think?

.....so hopefully not restricted.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Think it was at some point last year they changed to BOG on the day of the day...

Yeah think you are right, was from 8am the day of the meeting?

But now it seems they want me to opt in the day before? So for me to have got it today I had to opt in yesterday and would only be bog from 9am today, hope that makes sense?

Don't like the way all the perks seem to be going with firms!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
            When did PP stop doing bog? Just saw in promotions bit you have to opt in to get it each day, but doesn't start until 9am the next day drom each day you opt in

Since July 4th they did it for me, got an email asking me if I wanted to still get BOG on the day I had to opt in before July 4th, and its only BOG on bets after 9AM on the day of the race
            Last edited by PresentingPercy; 8 July 2023, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PresentingPercy View Post

Since July 4th they did it for me, got an email asking me if I wanted to still get BOG on the day I had to opt in before July 4th, and its only BOG on bets after 9AM on the day of the race
              I received the same email on the 3rd.

Comment

• Originally posted by PresentingPercy View Post

Cheers PP. Don't seem to get any emails from them. Think my account is linked to old email. At least not just me then! But bound be loads unaware of it! The BOG will be a thing of the past the way things are going

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Bet 365 moved from night before to 8am a while back, just after Cheltenham I think. Can't remember if I got an e-mail about that or not. Coral seem to be the best of the major bookies with BOG from midnight.

Comment

• I think BOG could be a thing of the past come Cheltenham 2024 at this rate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ballybeen View Post
                      I think BOG could be a thing of the past come Cheltenham 2024 at this rate.
                      BOG and free bets are getting reduced to the point we won't get any.

Comment

• Originally posted by HoldenTheReins View Post

BOG and free bets are getting reduced to the point we won't get any.
                        In fairness they didn’t exist 20+ years ago.
                        There has been a strong trend towards extra places in recent years, maybe this is the direction of travel.
                        Is the regulator issuing any guidance on this ? I know free bets were seen as enticement so maybe that’s why they’re slowly getting pulled ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

There has been a strong trend towards extra places in recent years, maybe this is the direction of travel.
                          Is the regulator issuing any guidance on this ? I know free bets were seen as enticement so maybe that’s why they’re slowly getting pulled ?
                          Possibly, also with the extra places you don't get BOG on most bookies now.

Comment

I dont even look at BOG, to be honest, I either like a price and take it, or don't like it and leave it.

So, if it went, and something remained instead of it (extra places, or the odd free bet) then I wouldnt be affected.

Also I appear to be playing later into markets, and on the day now, so if that fell into BOG I may have it without knowing, but it hasnt impacted my price

That and betting mostly antepost probably means this is why I dont look for (or notice) BOG, I suppose.

Im sure lots of folk want it though, so they dont feel like they've lost out, on a price move.
                            "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

I dont even look at BOG, to be honest, I either like a price and take it, or don't like it and leave it.

And the irony of course is that if you bet with a bookie who are top priced and/or you beat the SP then your account is on borrowed time anyway,
                              The exchanges aren't an option early in the day either as the place markets generally only mature shortly before the race.
                              I now bet mainly in shops where you do get occasional extra places on certain races and Hills were offering BOG on singles at Ascot a couple of weeks ago, but when you find a nice 20/1 shot at 9am and don't get to a shop until midday and your pick is 9/1 you just have to live with it, no point getting upset, there's very little you can do to improve chances of getting better value.

It has never been harder getting a bet on in this country...

Comment

I have a few accounts, each opened when there was a decent new customer offer (usually in the run up to Cheltenham). Genuinely free bets are thin on the ground, usually a generous ?1 from Ladbrokes! There are still quite a few who offer so-called free bets if you bet a certain amount. If I was the regulator I would tell the bookies to stop using this inaccurate phrase - something like 'bet credits' would be more accurate. Even that doesn't make it clear to newer punters that the 'free' bet is different from a cash bet, as you don't get your stake included in your winnings. With most bookies there is also an expiry date on use of the 'free bet', which is clearly an incentive to gamble more than you might do normally.

Another iffy practice is the promotion of free spins on slots. This happens a lot even though I have never wagered a penny on this rubbish. I'm happy enough to use these offers over my morning cuppa. A zero return is no loss and small returns can add up over time - "mony a mickle makes a muckle" * as we say north of the border. A princely ?3.47 from Hills today . Obviously the strategy is to draw in punters to these daft games. If I was the regulator I would tell the bookies to stop doing this.

* Apparently there is a debate about whether or not this is a corruption of the original adage.

Comment

Working...
                                X