Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Had an absoltuely belting morning, just got back from Olly Greenall's yard. Watched a few, including Pym do some work. Cracking experience. First time I've done anything like that and definitely won't be the last!
    How did you manage to do that Kev? Did you ring and book a viewing or did you know someone at the yard?

Comment

• Originally posted by OscarWhisky View Post

How did you manage to do that Kev? Did you ring and book a viewing or did you know someone at the yard?
      A friend of mine has invested in some horses and has the majority of them with him. I'd be pretty confident you'd be able to just ring up and ask though

Comment

• You can’t beat a morning on the gallops and around a yard. I just love the atmosphere more than anything.

Did you get to see them schooling Kev?
        Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Just thinking back to the discussion around handicap prize money, I was surprised to see the three handicaps at Ascot on Tuesday have a total pot of ?205k, which is on a par with the Cheltenham handicaps who generally carry total pots of around 75/80.
          Given the money in flat racing I assumed there would be a huge difference...

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post
            You can’t beat a morning on the gallops and around a yard. I just love the atmosphere more than anything.

Did you get to see them schooling Kev?
            No, they didn't do any that morning when I was there but I'll be sure to catch it next time

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

A friend of mine has invested in some horses and has the majority of them with him. I'd be pretty confident you'd be able to just ring up and ask though
              Anyone can ring up any Stable and they would likely to be obliged for a tour.

Comment

• From my antepost diary if anyone is interested in Royal Ascot and a standout price.

Indie Angel
                Duke of Cambridge
                Weds 3.40pm

Frankie- John Gosden- Cheveley Park

Has collapsed in price with every bookmaker on Oddschecker from 25/1 and 20/1 down to 10/1.

...........except for

Bet365 have held firm at 25/1 - if anyone is interested!

22/1 for 4 places each way
                20/1 for 5 places each way

Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 15 June 2021, 01:44 PM.
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Simon Claisse set to stand down

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                    From my antepost diary if anyone is interested in Royal Ascot and a standout price.

Indie Angel
                    Duke of Cambridge
                    Weds 3.40pm

Has collapsed in price with every bookmaker on Oddschecker from 25/1 and 20/1 down to 10/1.

...........except for

great work Saxon hope you won plenty

Comment

• Originally posted by DeeBee View Post

great work Saxon hope you won plenty
                      I have made a good profit for the week, already, thanks to Indie Angel, the rest of my bets are now running for free.

Backed her in six small Stakes doubles, too.
                      - four yet to run at Royal Ascot, plus Bob Olinger (Marsh) and The Mediterranean (St Leger), so I’ve got some decent horses to watch this week with a 25/1 winner running on to them.

Just hope others liked the price and the horse and followed me in.

I put it up in three places, as quickly as I could yesterday, on Fat Jockey….

* on this thread,
                      * on my diary and
                      * on the Flat Racing thread

as I thought she had form and potential beyond the 25/1 price, and I was trying to reach as many FJ forum members as possible.

Seemed strange for her to drift back out today, as she was drawn on the stand side in a straight mile race on Firm ground!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                        From my antepost diary if anyone is interested in Royal Ascot and a standout price.

Indie Angel
                        Duke of Cambridge
                        Weds 3.40pm

...........except for

Wonderful spot SW.. Well done... Had a nibble too..

Comment

• Originally posted by Birds Nest View Post

Wonderful spot SW.. Well done... Had a nibble too..
                          The form was there BirdsNest, when the price looked big, it was worth checking her form and video of her last race, then pounce before the price went.

The drift today was odd, given her draw, jockey, trainer and form.

Comment

• Design your own racing colours. This is the Irish version but the BHA use the same designs and colours.
                            Welcome to Racehorse Ownership, providing all the information you need to become a racehorse owner in Ireland.

Hours of fun for those long evenings when there's no football on TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                              Design your own racing colours. This is the Irish version but the BHA use the same designs and colours.
                              Welcome to Racehorse Ownership, providing all the information you need to become a racehorse owner in Ireland.

Hours of fun for those long evenings when there's no football on TV.
                              I could spend hours on this!!!

I miss the football when its not on

Comment

• Having recently registered my own colours, I'd say that the main frustration is when you have the perfect combination and you find that someone else has already nabbed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X