Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent discussion on value touched on a previous deeper discussion, thread below if anyone hasn’t seen it:

Having recently joined this forum, it has been so enlightening and educative to read the many posts, ideas and betting principles of people. There are so many topics ripe for discussion, and the knowledge within is fantastic. Once again, kudos to those who have created this forum, such a great idea and very user friendly. My

Comment

• Originally posted by isitmarchyet View Post
      Video from RacingTV with Willie talking about his Christmas runners:

There's another preview too, with Patrick, Bryan Cooper & Barry Geranty talking about a few of the Christmas races. Must've been recorded a while ago because there's no mention of Appreciate It's setback.

Willie one must of been recorded a while ago. The Chacun quote was published online 10 days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benjy23 View Post

In the antepost price v SP thinking how do you weight the risk of being a NR? I guess it's very much case specific isn't it. But is there a minimum you think if this time of year. Use a horse with a fairly obvious target if you like
        I generally only bet small stakes antepost, in comparison to daily or weekend outlay.
        So I just weigh each bet up based on it's own merits. IMO

Comment

• Fair play. Guess the risk isn't too important if you're playing much smaller stakes

Comment

• I took the opening Christmas prices on Energumene, Sharjah, A Plus Tard treble at 12/1. Was a decent sized bet, my main bet for Christmas. Added Ferny in later on for a 20/1 4-fold. Treble was 7/2 and 4-fold was 7/1 before decs.

Thought I'd make you all feel better about any losing bets over Christmas. Got to love Willie Mullins.

Comment

• I don't have the RP but Gavin Lynch has put up a 14/1 shot as part of his article, curious to know what that is as it'll reduce in price. Probably already missed it mind you.

Comment

• Originally posted by HoldenTheReins View Post
                I don't have the RP but Gavin Lynch has put up a 14/1 shot as part of his article, curious to know what that is as it'll reduce in price. Probably already missed it mind you.
                Not seen it but I'd imagine Vanillier.

Comment

• "All told, I expect a big performance from Largy Debut and the 14-1 about him for the festival curtain-raiser could look excellent value come Monday evening if he delivers on the promise shown last time at Cork."

This is from gavins column on rp where he's talking about the racing on boxing day

Comment

• Originally posted by Nwfb89 View Post
                    "All told, I expect a big performance from Largy Debut and the 14-1 about him for the festival curtain-raiser could look excellent value come Monday evening if he delivers on the promise shown last time at Cork."

This is from gavins column on rp where he's talking about the racing on boxing day
                    Explains why he is 12's now. Thanks Nwfb89

Comment

• He was on about Vaucelet was he not?

Just checked, he just mentioned Vaucelet being 14/1 in March...
                      Last edited by darlojim; 24 December 2021, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                        He was on about Vaucelet was he not?
                        The quote on largy debut is what is shown on the website before you click on the article so guessing that's what HoldenTheReins wanted to know, but your right he does talk about that horse in the foxhunters race who's also 14s for the festival

Comment

• Originally posted by HoldenTheReins View Post

Explains why he is 12's now. Thanks Nwfb89
                          Still 14s with Boyles (no cash out option though)

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                            He was on about Vaucelet was he not?

Just checked, he just mentioned Vaucelet being 14/1 in March...
                            I just got Vaucelet priced up with Sky to win at Down Royal on 26th and the Foxhunters Chase at Cheltenham at 20/1 if anyone is interested

Comment

• Leopardstown behind closed doors now

Leopardstown's four-day Christmas festival will be staged behind closed doors in a bitter last-minute blow for the track. The meeting, which begins... Read More
                              Last edited by DenmanSacre; 24 December 2021, 01:21 PM. Reason: Added link

Comment

• Originally posted by DenmanSacre View Post
                                Leopardstown behind closed doors now

https://www.racingpost.com/news/late...d-doors/528819
                                Absolutely depressing. Vaccines supposedly our way back to normality but here we are with everybody (who wants one) having had 2 doses and most the vulnerable now a booster too and were barely any better off than 12 months ago when we had nothing.

truly depressing stuff, we’ve just got to start moving on or we’ll be stuck in this rut forever

Comment

Working...
                                X