Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing suspended in France until 28th March due to severe outbreak of equine herpes.

Comment

• French racing SUSPENDED until March 28th due to very serious outbreak of equine herpesvirus, originating at a FEI event held in Valencia, Spain, and spread from there. At least 8 equine fatalities, 100’s of horses affected.disease now in France, Belgium, Germany, etc.

Comment

• Lauren barbarian from sky sports racing has said no worries about easysland coming over at the moment. Betting now gone with bet365.

build up to the festival gets more stressful each year

Comment

• That's not good at all. Too close for comfort. Ummmmmm

Comment

• I believe french racing is still allowed to be held. The statement is from the French FEI, not the French BHA. So only bans equestrian events such as eventing, showjumping etc. Racing doesn’t come under this so should be allowed to carry on.
            Last edited by OverTheAnvil; 8 March 2021, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Anyone know if you can do placepots online with the main bookmakers. Just wondering with the shops being shut at the moment. I know the tote do it but don't have that account. Always look forward to a few Cheltenham placepots

Comment

• You can do it with the major bookies

Comment

• IHRB Full Findings on GE hearing

The owls are not what they seem

Comment

• So.. I'm going to try and lighten the mood in here, the last few pages have been depressing and this doesn't reflect my mood today

Today I have had my first wobble and a shot of nervousness / excitement, the festival is right around the corner!
                    I guess its because this time next week we'll know the results from Day 1. Madness how much time and effort is focussed throughout the season/year, all building up to this 4 day event. It will be over all, post Cheltenham blues will kick in before we start contributing towards the 2021 threads

Exciting few days ahead all

Comment

• Cant wait for it

Especially the arkle and champion hurdle on day 1

Comment

• 6 day decs tomorrow so any fancies to back do them now before the field sizes are reduced greatly (Ultima, NHC , Fred Winter the main ones)

Comment

• Who's the Irish Covid Jockey ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbridge View Post
                            Who's the Irish Covid Jockey ??
                            to give this context - https://www.racingpost.com/news/late...l-check/477178

Comment

• Anybody else literally do a sigh of relief when they open the 'out of the festival' thread and don't see one of their horses? You can tell we're getting close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbridge View Post
                                Who's the Irish Covid Jockey ??
                                I tried to figure this out earlier and got bored after I deduced it wasn’t rachael, townend or Kennedy

Comment

Working...
                                X