Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltz Fest 2021 Behind Closed Doors ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by charlie View Post

Ireland have very strict lockdown restrictions and have made racing exempt, so hopefully the authorities here agree.

Football and racing should keep on going ahead so people have things to enjoy during lockdown - both have proven to be perfectly safe so I don't see why they cannot continue
    Completely agree providing all involved follow strict guidelines in their respective sports.

Teams in Scotland were a shambles at the start

Got to give us something to watch, working and paying taxes to sit around and watch friends for the 400th time!

Comment

• If follows us ELITE sport should be grand!

Comment

• Horse racing to continue during lockdown.

Comment

• That's good news due to me health least it will still be on behind closed doors.

Comment

• Fantastic news short term and long term

Comment

• Something positive to hold onto

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
                Something positive to hold onto
                It's nice to have something positive isn't it. Relief I'm sure for those with big AP books too

Comment

It's nice to have something positive isn't it. Relief I'm sure for those with big AP books too
                  Just been out for my last drink for a.while, and was full of trepidation to find out whats happened to racing. I'm.so relieved, its on still; really helps my mental health, and discussing with my mates and hopefully members on here is a real blessing.

Comment

• I suppose in way, a 4 week lockdown now does lift the chances, a little, of a brighter world by mid-March.
                    Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 1 November 2020, 01:02 PM.
                    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                      I suppose in way, a 4 week lockdown now does lift the chances, a little, of a brighter world my mid-March.
                      The fact racing goes ahead does not lift hopes for March a little, it's a massive juicy fat indicator that racing will be going ahead regardless of lockdown status.

Comment

The fact racing goes ahead does not lift hopes for March a little, it's a massive juicy fat indicator that racing will be going ahead regardless of lockdown status.
                        For people to attend, was my hopes lifting a little.
                        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Ah right I see!! I've completely made my peace with that not happening next year

Comment

I think we'll be ok. Lockdown will bring numbers down dramatically. Vaccine on its way which was always the icing on the cake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

I think we'll be ok. Lockdown will bring numbers down dramatically. Vaccine on its way which was always the icing on the cake.
                              Lockdown will bring numbers down in time for Christmas. Ready for us all to go and spend our money in shops, restaurants and pubs in December, just to be in the same time come January. Rinse and repeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post

Lockdown will bring numbers down in time for Christmas. Ready for us all to go and spend our money in shops, restaurants and pubs in December, just to be in the same time come January. Rinse and repeat.
                                The difference is if the Vaccine is available, which sounds positive, then we really can move forward positively. Fingers and toes crossed.

Comment

Working...
                                X