Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltz Fest 2021 Behind Closed Doors ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
    What initial are you Saxon?
    Surname begins M
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Yes about two and half weeks ago for me too. My surname is also a B.
      Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• My members Badge has arrived! Loving the Al Boum Photo colour of the rope !

Comment

• For those who are interested there's an online preview evening tonight for the upcoming Cheltenham meeting, whether this is available to non members or not I'm unsure but a e-mail was sent yesterday with login details which are far too technical for me.
          Might be a good hour or so for an otherwise dull Thursday evening...

Comment

• Link relevant to the post above

Welcome to the home of jump racing & the Cheltenham Festival from 12 - 15 March 2024. See all upcoming fixtures, and book tickets today.
            The owls are not what they seem

Comment

• Maybe not the right thread - but racing in Ireland has been suspended ffs.

Comment

• I think anyway - going by this? https://www.horsesportireland.ie/upd...-may-continue/

Comment

• Originally posted by OverTheLast View Post
                  Maybe not the right thread - but racing in Ireland has been suspended ffs.
                  Originally posted by OverTheLast View Post
                  Balls! I'll give that it's own thread.

Comment

• Could be eventing rather than racing?

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                      Could be eventing rather than racing?
                      Yeah, absolutely right.

No need to panic!

Apologies all

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
                        Decent listen so far tbf.

Comment

• Strong rumours circulating that the PM is set to announce a national lockdown on Wednesday. Wonder. Allegedly everything other than nurseries, schools, universities and non-essential shops will close until December 1st.

Wonder what impact this may have on racing and the wider sporting world.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                            Strong rumours circulating that the PM is set to announce a national lockdown on Wednesday. Wonder. Allegedly everything other than nurseries, schools, universities and non-essential shops will close until December 1st.

That makes me want to cash every bet in, have no ante post interest at all and just play the festival on the week "if" it happens!

I'm concerned I'm tracking towards my highest staked festival ever and it's the most ridiculous and unpredictable year ever.

Comment

Strong rumours circulating that the PM is set to announce a national lockdown on Wednesday. Wonder. Allegedly everything other than nurseries, schools, universities and non-essential shops will close until December 1st.

Looks like it's more than rumours now. Clearly if it's a full lockdown then racing will be halted which won't be good for those wanting to have their first runs in the next month. Mr Mullins will not be happy.

Comment

Ireland have very strict lockdown restrictions and have made racing exempt, so hopefully the authorities here agree.

Football and racing should keep on going ahead so people have things to enjoy during lockdown - both have proven to be perfectly safe so I don't see why they cannot continue

Comment

Working...
                                X