Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltz Fest 2021 Behind Closed Doors ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
    Is it not strange that Cheltenham have not yet pulled the plug on spectators ??!!!! They are taking the piss aren't they??!! 1000's, including myself, will still have holiday booked, deposits paid on Hotels and tickets paid for Travel. What are they playing at ??!!
    Judging by pals i have in the music business it will be insurance based - theyll need full government confirmation before they pull the plug. Sucks for the average person though

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post

Judging by pals i have in the music business it will be insurance based - theyll need full government confirmation before they pull the plug. Sucks for the average person though
      Yeah, that makes sense

Comment

• Kevloaf Istabraq
        Hi Mods - can we room 101 this thread and be done with it forever please? The ship has sailed and its such a depressing thread to see pop up when we all know spectators will never happen

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
          Kevloaf Istabraq
          Hi Mods - can we room 101 this thread and be done with it forever please? The ship has sailed and its such a depressing thread to see pop up when we all know spectators will never happen

I get the sentiment charlie and the frustration but it’s still a live discussion topic and this thread did go almost two weeks without comment.
          I’m sure announcements will follow soon and then this can be put to bed....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

I get the sentiment charlie and the frustration but it’s still a live discussion topic and this thread did go almost two weeks without comment.
            I’m sure announcements will follow soon and then this can be put to bed....
            Surely Boris announcing that the 8th March was the earliest date schools in England could fully reopen puts this firmly to bed on the spot

Further supported by: Schools could open if rest of lockdown stays, say researchers - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55980052

They know that unlocking other parts of society at the same time as opening schools would be a bad idea, and Cheltenham starts 8 days after the above!

It’s over Ista, there is nothing left to wait for and we’ve gone 2 weeks without comment because there’s nothing left to say. You can kill it, I know you can

Comment

• Judging by the email received tonight from Cheltenham racecourse, doesn’t look like they’ve given up all hope as of yet. Even tho I’ve resigned myself to not being there this year.

“Based on current Government guidelines The Festival™ supporting WellChild will sadly take place without spectators. However, we continue to monitor Government guidance and should this change in advance, we will act accordingly.

There will be many ways to enjoy the spectacular racing and entertainment from home - keep an eye on your inbox and our social media channels for ways to be involved”

Comment

• YOUR 2020-2021 ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP TR
                ANSFERRED TO 2021-2022
                As a current Cheltenham Racecourse Annual Member, we want to make sure we keep you updated and that you have the best experience with us.

Sadly, under current Government guidelines, we are unable to welcome spectators to The Festival™ supporting WellChild or any of our remaining fixtures this season. Therefore this email is to confirm that your 2020 - 2021 Annual Membership is being automatically transferred to the 2021-2022 season.

If you attended The International Meeting in December, you will be pleased to know that your entitlement to a FULL REFUND or TRANSFER of your 2021-2022 Annual Membership will not be effected. However, we are hoping that in light of this decision you may consider making a donation to our Festival charity partner WellChild. You can do so here.

We are extremely disappointed that we are unable to welcome our loyal fans back to Cheltenham. Please be assured if anything changes you will be the first to know.

If you DO NOT want us to transfer your Annual Membership and would like a refund then please click the REQUEST REFUND button below and follow the instructions before Friday 30th April.

We can't wait to welcome you back to Cheltenham Racecourse as soon as it's safe and possible to do so.

Comment

• Let’s hope we’re all there in 2022.

Comment

• So glad this thread can now be shit canned. Ista, please do the honours.....

Comment

So glad this thread can now be shit canned. Ista, please do the honours.....
                      There'll still be people trapped on this thread posting for years wondering if crowds will be allowed in or not, the forums version of those Japanese soldiers.

Comment

• Next question - will crowds be allowed on Cleeve hill or do you think police will block it off?

Comment

So glad this thread can now be shit canned. Ista, please do the honours.....
                          If I close it I'd be compelled to create another thread titled 'Cheltz fest 2022 behind closed doors ?'.
                          Which would you prefer ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

If I close it I'd be compelled to create another thread titled 'Cheltz fest 2022 behind closed doors ?'.
                            Which would you prefer ?
                            That would be pure filfh!! We'll all be vaccinated by then. Shit can this, forget the behind closed doors vibe.

Comment

• Just delete this thread altogether now. Done now. Positivity all the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X