Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltz Fest 2021 Behind Closed Doors ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I don't think I'll be going next year.

Better on TV isn't it, I love to know what the social stable is up to and I miss that on course.
    You are kidding me right ??!! Sacrilege.

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      Why ?
      Tickets for the four days in March cost nearly £300...
      Not if you get in early.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
        Not if you get in early.
        Earliest price club tickets were £72 I think last year Tue, Wed and Thur, Fri may well have been £75, so minimum cost £293 plus fees.
        From memory these prices were available until April then went up so anyone missing the first price will have seen daily ticket prices rise to £75/£80.
        Appreciate these are club ticket prices but membership gives you the same access to club.

Comment

I just got my Annual Renewal email for Cheltenham members badge for the season.

The full paperwork is in the post to me, but early signs are they plan to charge full price on membership and refund back to us each time we can't attend a meeting because we're not permitted on track.

Its probably all they can do at the moment to:-

A) Get all the members renewal money
          B) Show them how they will pay it back if there is no racing to watch, on a meeting by meeting basis.
          "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Earliest price club tickets were £72 I think last year Tue, Wed and Thur, Fri may well have been £75, so minimum cost £293 plus fees.
            From memory these prices were available until April then went up so anyone missing the first price will have seen daily ticket prices rise to £75/£80.
            Appreciate these are club ticket prices but membership gives you the same access to club.
            Sorry, I'm a Best Mate man so paid £150 for all 4 days this year. See what you mean now. Yes, I can see loads getting Annual membership. Think I'll go that route.

Comment

SW - do you know how many members Cheltenham have and whether they restrict the numbers of membership they sell ?

Comment

Hate this thread, dont want to even consider this atm. Flights and accomodation already booked

Comment

Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                  Hate this thread, dont want to even consider this atm. Flights and accomodation already booked
                  You are right. Pointless. Let's halt it now. The End.

Comment

SW - do you know how many members Cheltenham have and whether they restrict the numbers of membership they sell ?
                    I'm not sure if Annual Membership has ever been restricted, like a football club selling season tickets they would probably sell as many as possible.

The Annual cost is £410, just over £100 more than buying 4-day club ticket for the Festival - but giving access to more Annual Members facilities, as well as all the other meetings.

I read on the email that they are transferring the whole of the new stand "The Princess Royal stand" over to Annual Members only to ensure they can socially distance, by having more space, bars, toilets etc.

I'm presuming if/when we can go racing this season, that if its on a maximum numbers basis then it would be Annual Members only to begin with.
                    If there are too many of us then it could be that we have to vote/say we want to attend on a meeting by meeting basis, until things fully open.

I'd love to go for 3 days in November with only 5000 allowed in.

Another message on email is its all "card only", no cash on course in bars, etc.

They are looking to see if on-course bookmakers can do card only too.
                    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

It’s only August......my contribution to this thread.

I get the bookmaker said it but it’s pure speculation unless he’s mystic Meg and can see into the future of what the situation would be like.

Thought the Covid thread was long gone from 2020

Comment

Thanks SW, that’s how I see it and the reason I ask about membership numbers is that should capacity be limited to 20,000 how many, if any, tickets are likely to go on general sale when they add up all owners, media, catering/security staff etc with the membership attendees, every chance this takes the numbers very close.
                        In other words buying membership may be the only way of getting in...

Comment

Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
                          It’s only August......my contribution to this thread.

I get the bookmaker said it but it’s pure speculation unless he’s mystic Meg and can see into the future of what the situation would be like.

Thought the Covid thread was long gone from 2020
                          We all want to be positive Craigy but Cheltenham themselves are using very strong language about social distancing and highly likely there’ll be restrictions on capacity.
                          I know there are detailed discussions taking place between racing authorities and government on this so I have to assume the strength
                          of language being used reflects the thinking...

Comment

It would be a nice bookend (professor yaffle) if the Festival 2021 was the first fully attended sports event over 50k since they were the last to do so.
                            It's all about priorities.

If they won't let me in.
                            I'll be having a picnic (including a scotch egg) on cleeve hill, naked, clutching some high powered binoculars. With my own big screen (Iphone 11 pro).

Comment

In fact I might do that anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                                I'm not sure if Annual Membership has ever been restricted, like a football club selling season tickets they would probably sell as many as possible.

The Annual cost is £410, just over £100 more than buying 4-day club ticket for the Festival - but giving access to more Annual Members facilities, as well as all the other meetings.

I read on the email that they are transferring the whole of the new stand "The Princess Royal stand" over to Annual Members only to ensure they can socially distance, by having more space, bars, toilets etc.

I'm presuming if/when we can go racing this season, that if its on a maximum numbers basis then it would be Annual Members only to begin with.
                                If there are too many of us then it could be that we have to vote/say we want to attend on a meeting by meeting basis, until things fully open.

I'd love to go for 3 days in November with only 5000 allowed in.

Another message on email is its all "card only", no cash on course in bars, etc.

They are looking to see if on-course bookmakers can do card only too.
                                Bookies can only take max £45 on course via card. Takes ages having it paid out to card. Won't happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X